SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 24th April 2024, 18:08

Default Re: TV programs you're watching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike.Kzov
What did you think?

What a powerful series. Blimey
Well, I haven't finished it yet! I didn't really hear anything about it because I don't often hear about things, so didn't realise it was written by the guy playing the main character.

I think I have one or two episodes to go. So far it's been gripping and then it turned quite terrifying. Knowing it is based on real events makes it scarier.
Old 24th April 2024, 18:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nobody
not sure what your tastes are for TV and such, but I've definitely enjoyed a couple of things from the Amazon stable.

Jack Ryan has been good, at least first 2 series were really good, third one is okay.
and first season of Jack Reacher was good.
So only things with Jack in the title? Hehe

I did watch Hanna all the way through, but that wasn't particularly amazing. I dunno what it is about stuff on Amazon. I forget about it.
Old 24th April 2024, 19:13

I watched Baby Reindeer the other day. It was well acted and they did a good job in exploring the greyness of it all. Where you got to see all of the trauma colliding and then to see the fallout afterwards. It was worth watching, but certainly not a chuckle.
Old 24th April 2024, 21:49

^^^ And to think the real case all started from an innocuous conversation in a pub.

I've also been watching Fallout, which was surprisingly good.
Old 27th April 2024, 14:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merritt
Bottom on tomorrow night,
Did you enjoy your bottom being exposed last week
Old 28th April 2024, 01:00

I finally got around to Fallout and thoroughly enjoyed it. I was wondering if I was biased as a fan of the games but actually that would probably make me more likely to be extra-critical ('no that's not how it should be!' 'that makes no sense!').

Absolutely loved the first and last episodes, did feel it fell off slightly in some eps but still enjoyed them. Ate up all the lore and backstories, especially anything to do with The Ghoul but that wasn't a shock to me.

Also binged Red Eye, usually I find ITV dramas that have a premise I like annoy me with the pacing of the series as they drag it out way too long, but I really enoyed this. It felt suspenseful enough while fairly quick to give you at least some answers each episode. I was in a good mood though so maybe benevolence is clouding my judgement

3 Body Problem really intrigued me at the start (love a bit of sci-fi-esque stuff especially with a mystery element) but it went a bit ITV for me (trailed off at the end) and left me a bit disappointed. I'll probably still watch subsequent series though, but not waiting with baited breath.
Old 28th April 2024, 09:56

Shogun on the Disney+ is good. One series, ten episodes, done. That's the way to do it.