SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Welcome & Introductions Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 18th August 2005, 16:45

Default 'Lo

Just thought I'd post a hello because I have a habit of reading through all the threads, wanting to add something but never quite getting round to it, so maybe if I announce myself I might be less scared.

Ok a little about myself i'm 23, female, had this THING all my life. Ive graduated from Uni and I now feel pretty lost and in a rut. It was hard at Uni sometimes (very far from home too, I wanted to start again where no one knew me ) but I made some good friends I could be myself with, but now i'm back home with my parents and feel like i've gone backwards again - no friends, stuck in the house all day, lonely.

I should have been applying for jobs but I cant bring myself to do it. My parents are finally starting to understand the extent of my problems and that makes me feel wierd. They are going to pay for private cbt which makes me feel guilty AND scared. I am generally very confused.

Thats quite enough blethering from me

good day to you
Old 18th August 2005, 19:02

Default Re: 'Lo

Hi Arrghh

Welcome
Old 18th August 2005, 20:39
Shallah

Hello Arrghh! welcome to sa-uk
Old 18th August 2005, 21:41

Welcome to SAUk!
I know what you mean about the uni thing. I miss my friends from uni they were the only good friends ive had and probably ever will have. Now ive moved back to sheff im pretty bored and lonely.

Hope to see you around..x
Old 19th August 2005, 11:17

Hello there!!! Welcome to the site!!!
Old 19th August 2005, 11:27

Welcome to the site Arrghh! (good name! )

I've found that posting does get easier the more you do it, Look forward to seeing you around the board :D
Old 19th August 2005, 22:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyLou
Welcome to SAUk!
I know what you mean about the uni thing. I miss my friends from uni they were the only good friends ive had and probably ever will have. Now ive moved back to sheff im pretty bored and lonely.

Hope to see you around..x
Bored and lonely in Sheffield eh? I know that person!

Anyway, welcome to the board Arrghh!
Old 19th August 2005, 23:02
kp85

Welcome Arrghh! Hope you find the boards helpful and get around to posting more (no pressure though )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrghh!
Just thought I'd post a hello because I have a habit of reading through all the threads, wanting to add something but never quite getting round to it, so maybe if I announce myself I might be less scared.
I know what you mean by not "getting round" to posting. I didn't much at first...but not too long ago I just kinda forced myself to make at least a few posts a day and trust me it has gotten 100x easier!

-Jamie.
Old 20th August 2005, 11:37

Thanks for the welcomes, I am a terrible lurker. Maybe I'll post some of my half-assed SA theories soon. I'm sure thats just what this board needs right now.
Old 20th August 2005, 12:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrghh!
Thanks for the welcomes, I am a terrible lurker. Maybe I'll post some of my half-assed SA theories soon. I'm sure thats just what this board needs right now.
Lol, well I assume you're being sarcastic and reckon people aren't interested, but I would reiterate what I said to River in her intro. Don't feel bad about posting. If you want to post, do it. People will read it, people will take a genuine interest, guaranteed.

We're all ears. Not literally of course; that would be hideous.......
Old 21st August 2005, 15:02
Odworthy

Welcome to SA-UK!
Closed Thread