SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 29th April 2009, 00:49

Mood
Chatty

Default Theres nothing for me

i just want to die.
Old 29th April 2009, 00:52

Default Re: Theres nothing for me

don't say that...whats wrong?
Old 29th April 2009, 00:54

Mood
Sluggish

Just hang in there a little bit longer...
I don't have anything useful to say, but I understand (and we all understand) how you feel.
Keep posting...
Old 29th April 2009, 00:56

Sorry you're having a rough time
Old 29th April 2009, 00:57

Mood
Crappy

I understand this feeling oh too well. But I know things can change and get better. Just pls hold on, maybe talking more about why you feel this way could help?
Old 29th April 2009, 01:24

Mood
Sneaky

i don't know what your life has been like, but i figured out that my problems had screened me off from all the sort of experiences people need to understand what the point of living is.

various stages of my recovery have given me insights into the sort of things that people need that i am missing - a supportive peer group, positive feedback from peers, good relationships with parents, the ability to support myself financially without a terror of the work environment....

what i realised is that -

1. i very much do not want to die
2. i can understand why my life feels desolate when i know that i am missing out on lots of the stuff people need.
3. that i believe that i can get some of the things i'm missing out on and that i can learn to enjoy life.

anyways...i'm sorry you feel so low...i hope maybe my experience helps you...you may have some work to do to get to feel good, but for me the idea is worth it.

anyway...maybe you should just let yourself be a while, if you need to feel like shit a while to figure it out, then just let yourself, go easy on yr self.

take care
Old 29th April 2009, 03:44

Mood
Cheeky

Guess everyone with SAD has felt like that at sometime,know I have.But we fight on.I heard it said one time that people with SAD or agoraphobia are akin to the guys in the trenches in WW1 they was terified about going 'over the top' but these people face that level of fear each moment of the day.

I ain't going to try and stop you from topping yourself,it's pointless cause if you are going to do it nothing anyone says will stop you anyway.I had Two mates die that way.I also want to help people and need help myself but aint into blowing sunshine up peoples arse to make them happy.

You found a site here where you see lot's of us in your situation and we are all trying to help each other and that means you to.

Good luck with what you pick but remember the next life may be no better than this one (If there is one at all that is)

Jad
Old 29th April 2009, 11:38

I've often felt like that in the past but nowadays, even when feeling really depressed, I know it's just a phase and that there will be other times when I'm just glad to be alive.
When you say there's nothing for you, maybe you could try to identify what exactly it is that you feel you're missing. If you're too vague about it the whole thing can seem overwhelming but if you have a look at one or two areas of your life that you're not happy with, you can either do something to improve them or accept that that's how things are and stop wasting time worrying about them. Personally, I've written off quite a few goals and aspirations, accepted that they're not going to happen and have focused on other areas of my life which make me happy.
still feel bloody miserable at times though, hope things get better for you soon.
Old 29th April 2009, 12:04

Mood
Tired

Oww hunny

There are ppl here that care

hugs

Nell x

sorry nothing more valuable to say
Old 29th April 2009, 12:09
Banned at own request

Quote:
Originally Posted by pissJoy
i just want to die.
I know what you mean, I think we've all been there. I just want to live, but it's not happening!

Maybe have a word with your Dr, or friends & family. Also, don't forget that there's always a friendly ear or two on this forum.
Old 29th April 2009, 16:02

keep posting you will find strength. Your brain is a strange thing that tricks us all the time into thinking this thoughts. I bet all of us here at sauk have felt like that at some point.

Have you been able to get to the doc, i know it wont solve everything, but it's a start.

lou x
Old 29th April 2009, 16:35

Mood
Alienated

Quote:
Originally Posted by pissJoy
i just want to die.
I thought this sort of talk was banned in here? I mentioned it and it got removed swiftly.
Anyway I am sure you are far from alone in these thoughts. I am having a pretty black period myself

Can't offer any advice I'm afraid - just wanted to let you know you are not alone.
Old 29th April 2009, 19:29

Mood
Balanced

hey pissjoy,

i know we don't know each other but maybe if you want to describe what your feeling and your thoughts and we may be able to help you. no one knows you so let it all out. i use to have similar thoughts....thought there was no solution except suicide but i'm glad i never went through it because i'm much better now....and i never thought i would feel this way.
Old 1st May 2009, 13:23

Mood
Tired

I was suicidal for a short period. Please do not act on these impulses. Life can get so much better. Feel free to PM though Im not online a lot.
Old 2nd May 2009, 23:26

Mood
Apelike

me too dude. and we all will. but in the meantime try and find some kind of (sober) escape. personally i found reading really helped me. sorry i don't have anything better to say. i think you're in a good place on here though. take care mate
Old 3rd May 2009, 10:23

I know how u feel
Old 3rd May 2009, 10:42

There is a boat for you, we're in it, where do you want to go?
Thomas.
Old 6th May 2009, 00:09

Mood
Chatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashtray88
I understand this feeling oh too well. But I know things can change and get better. Just pls hold on, maybe talking more about why you feel this way could help?
Thanks. I'll try
Old 6th May 2009, 00:10

Mood
Chatty

thanks to everyione who took the time to reply.
Closed Thread