Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 14th January 2017, 21:08

Mood
Sad

Default Redundancy

I was told on Tuesday that I'm being made redundant. I've been in this job for 8 years and am terrified about looking for another job. I'm hard working and learn skills quickly but my people skills are crap. Most jobs want a team player and excellent interpersonal skills. The modern workplace and current economic climate is much tougher now compared to 8 years ago. Examples of this are two interviews, role play, etc. Any positive responses are welcome!
Old 14th January 2017, 21:32

Default Re: Redundancy

Sorry to hear about your redundancy. I went through redundancy a few years ago so know what a horrible feeling it can be.

For me, it was very unnerving and unsettling, and came as a shock at the time.

In hindsight, I would say it was probably the best thing that could have happened to me work wise. The opportunity for time out, a holiday, and a fresh start. But it took a good few months to realise this.

In common with most SAers, for me, a significant part of my fear was not so much the loss of the job, but being forced to leave an environment where I was reasonably comfortable, having been there for some time.

Is your current employer offering you any redeployment opportunities or any assistance with the redundancy process?
Old 14th January 2017, 21:47

Default Re: Redundancy

I am really sorry to hear this I do not have any helpful advice, i would have the same worries as you if i lost my job. I am sure you would get a good reference from your current employer and this will go a long way helping you gain employment.