SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 12th March 2010, 12:53

Mood
Sad

Default Just need a rant

Hi Guys

Sorry but just needed to have a rant

I am having the worst time at the moment, I started on Citalopram 2 weeks ago and I feel awful, my anxiety is worse than its ever been and I dont think I have had more than 2 hours sleep a night since I started on it.

I have phoned in sick from work all week (telling them I have gastric flu) because last week was awful, I was totally unable to make conversation with anyone and everytime I answered the phone, my voice was breaking up so badly that some people actually put the phone down - because it must have sounded like there was no signal - People at work must think im a right freak when they hear me trying to talk (they dont know anything about my SA) im dreading going back on Monday.

Sorry to whinge
Old 12th March 2010, 13:35

Mood
Cool

Default Re: Just need a rant

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachey
Hi Guys

Sorry but just needed to have a rant

I am having the worst time at the moment, I started on Citalopram 2 weeks ago and I feel awful, my anxiety is worse than its ever been and I dont think I have had more than 2 hours sleep a night since I started on it.

I have phoned in sick from work all week (telling them I have gastric flu) because last week was awful, I was totally unable to make conversation with anyone and everytime I answered the phone, my voice was breaking up so badly that some people actually put the phone down - because it must have sounded like there was no signal - People at work must think im a right freak when they hear me trying to talk (they dont know anything about my SA) im dreading going back on Monday.

Sorry to whinge
You should have a word with your doctor, if that med aint working out they could change it.

I wouldn't worry about work at all, they wont think your a freak at all. If your voice was breaking up and now your "sick" Everyone's gonna think the two are related. They will be simpathetic if anything
Old 12th March 2010, 13:45
Banned at own request

Mood
Relaxed

I had problems with citalopram when my doctor tried me out on them, they just didn't suit me and left me feeling spaced out and incredibly anxious.

You should definitely speak to your doctor as soon as possible about what's going on. From my experience you can feel a bit wonky when you start new meds for a few days, but they shouldn't be making you feel so bad and for so long.
Old 12th March 2010, 17:15

Mood
Balanced

When I first started taking them I had to adjust the time that I took them because they were keeping me awake some nights and I couldn't wake up other mornings. Once I found the right time in the day to take them I was ok. Also I suffered light headedness and anxiety for the first 3-4 weeks, not continuously but on and off. After that time the side effects settled down. I was told that it takes up to 2-3 months to propoerly get into the system. Hope things settle down. Once I got used to them they certainly helped me.
Closed Thread