SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 13th April 2005, 09:01
custardcreams

Default Re: how is everyone feeling?

aw roobs, the poor thing... (Emote: sad)
Old 13th April 2005, 09:42
Remus

awww (Emote: sad)
Old 13th April 2005, 10:48
cavycrazy

Oh no Ruby.......that's so sad. I'm sorry. (Emote: shake)

IRIS & blueridgemotel - (((((Hugz))))) I hope you both feel better soon.

Old 13th April 2005, 11:18
heart24_uk

blueridgemotel & IRIS (Emote: hugs) hope you feel better real soon (Emote: roundnround)

Roobs (Emote: rubonhead) sooo sorry to hear about lil' baby bunny (Emote: shake) tis so sad (Emote: sad)

me not too bad really, today but could be better (Emote: rolleyes)
Old 13th April 2005, 11:38
Ruby1

Thanks guys (Emote: hugs) it's very sad but i guess thats nature for you. Told my kids all about bunny heaven this morning so their okay.

Big huggles for all you lurvelie peeps (Emote: hugs) (Emote: smile) [1 edits; Last edit by Ruby1 at 10:39:29 Wed Apr 13 2005]
Old 13th April 2005, 12:05
Shaz82

Aww Ruby so sorry you lost your little baby (Emote: hugs)

(Emote: hugs) for all who need them today
Old 13th April 2005, 12:46
Ruby1

Thanks Shaz (Emote: hugs)
Old 13th April 2005, 12:51
magika

(Emote: hugs) for iris ruby blueridgmotel and anyone else

i too am feeling stressed iris, i know i keep going on about it but i just want my transfer thro,its really stressing me out. im meant to get a letter saying theyve recieved my form and ive not even got that yet let alone waiting for a place. the other day i was (Emote: crying) to my bf on the phone but he was great and calmed me down.
ive been wanting to move out for so long now and i finally get the opppertunity but its not happening,its so frustrating !

sorry ur baby bunny dies ruby, but he/she is in a good place now- bunnie heaven (Emote: smile) [1 edits; Last edit by magika at 11:52:28 Wed Apr 13 2005]
Old 13th April 2005, 13:54
annie1

Quote:
Quote: Ruby1 at 06***58;45***58;27 Wed Apr 13 2005
Bit sad, the mother rabbit rejected her baby, i tried to save him but he was too weak and died.
(Emote: hugs)
Old 13th April 2005, 17:05
Ruby1

Thanks mags and annie (Emote: hugs) (Emote: hugs)

I'm feeling tired went for my cbt catch up thingy before i went in i thought whats the point but it's kinda sorted my head out a bit and i feel much more positive bout things, i'd forgotten how much i lurve my therapists. gonna miss em so much not seeing them for 3 months now, shall stalk the asses of em now though (Emote: biggrin)
Old 13th April 2005, 19:07
SpaceMonkey_uk

Quote:
Quote: magika at 11***58;51***58;32 Wed Apr 13 2005
(Emote: hugs) for iris ruby blueridgmotel and anyone else

i too am feeling stressed iris, i know i keep going on about it but i just want my transfer thro,its really stressing me out. im meant to get a letter saying theyve recieved my form and ive not even got that yet let alone waiting for a place. the other day i was (Emote: crying) to my bf on the phone but he was great and calmed me down.
ive been wanting to move out for so long now and i finally get the opppertunity but its not happening,its so frustrating !

sorry ur baby bunny dies ruby, but he/she is in a good place now- bunnie heaven (Emote: smile)
It's hard but you need to be more proactive. Go moan at the manager, he probably thinks you dont really want the transfer if you arent making up much of a fuss (unfortunately thats how the world works).
You said your bf was willing to do it? Well time to call in that favour! (Emote: pirate)
Old 13th April 2005, 20:03
cavycrazy

Feeling tired. (Emote: tired)
Old 13th April 2005, 20:10
Boc11

Abolsutely devastated for the second time this week although this time it really is a big deal.

I got a letter from Portsmouth Uni today "I regret to in form you that after careful consideration we are unable to offer you a place."

ARGH! It hasn't sank in yet. This was the only thing I was looking forward to, my lifeline out of this monotonous heap of shit called my life. Now it all lies in ruins as usual. No way out. I am trapped in my job which I hate with a vengeance, I swear it is driving me to insanity. Nothing to look forward to. I will be stuck here for ever, trapped inside this hellish life of isolation and let down after let down, why does nothing ever go right? Maybe I am whinging but I'm sorry, life isn't far.

There's just nothing left any more.
There's just an empty space.
All my energy taken by others
Just an empty shell.
A void of nothingness

Sorry I shall stop, I am becoming tearful. I have been thrown on the scrapheap just because I don't have two stupid f##king bits of paper with A Level written on them, just because the teachers persuaded me not to go to college and do stupid NVQs instead which aren't worth the paper theyre written of and all because the stupid eveil hateful malicious BULLIES at school have taken my life. They've won. They've taken everything I never had. What's the point any more? There's just no room left for anything other than negativity at all now, there's just no....rooom...left.

but just when I thought I had something to look forward to, it's taken from me. :crying :crying (Emote: crying)
Old 13th April 2005, 20:17
Xhael

damn sorry to hear boc11, though theres other unis you can apply for surely?
Old 13th April 2005, 20:28
custardcreams

christ boc, that sucks (Emote: hugs)
Old 13th April 2005, 20:50
Ruby1

Thats awful boc(Emote: sad) i'm so sorry (Emote: hugs)
Old 13th April 2005, 21:16
Boc11

Quote:
Quote: Xhael at 19***58;17***58;07 Wed Apr 13 2005
Not really. I don't have the qualifications they want, I am useless (Emote: sad)

Anyway moving a long way away, as idyllic as it would be is a very scary though and not something I can cope with at the moment (Emote: sad)
Old 13th April 2005, 21:23
annie1

Quote:
Quote: Boc11 at 20***58;16***58;13 Wed Apr 13 2005

Not really. I don't have the qualifications they want, I am useless (Emote: sad)
No you're not (Emote: nonono)
Maybe you need to look at other ways to get out of your current job, but not today (Emote: smile)

I hope you feel better tomorrow (Emote: hugs)
Old 13th April 2005, 21:40
SpaceMonkey_uk

Quote:
Quote: Boc11 at 20***58;16***58;13 Wed Apr 13 2005
Quote:
Quote: Xhael at 19***58;17***58;07 Wed Apr 13 2005

Anyway moving a long way away, as idyllic as it would be is a very scary though and not something I can cope with at the moment (Emote: sad)
Try going through clearing, Unis will then fill places even if you dont have the grades they'd want. Only downside is you could end up in any Uni.
Old 13th April 2005, 21:52
Diluted

That seriously sucks arse, Boc. I'm sorry to hear you didn't get a place on the course.

Like annie said, there are other ways out of your situation, but don't do anything about it today. Drink some beer (not too much) and play some loud music...or something. Never give up. (Emote: smash3)

Here's a picture of Zoe to cheer you up.

Phwaar!

[1 edits; Last edit by Diluted at 20:53:44 Wed Apr 13 2005]
Old 13th April 2005, 22:08
cj0hn0

...wow, sorry to hear about that boc, hmmm if you could, it might be an idea to phone the uni and ask the specifics of why you didn't get accepted, then you can get the qualifications you need for next time... it still an option, you can start a degree at any age...! buts yeah, its totally understandable that you feel the way you do now...
Old 13th April 2005, 22:14
Boc11

Thanks Diluted! Zoe has certainly cheered me up a bit as has the beer!!! (Emote: beerchug)

Although I am still denying the truth, it won't sink in until the morning.

Annie, you're right, I need to look at other wyas out of my job. I want to do something creative and I think I have the talent but without the experience or the right qualifications, that is meaningless.

Spacemonkey, I might try Clearing but I am scared of being posted to any Uni.

I hate being on my own so much, it's at times like this when I really wish I had someone by my side to tell me everything's going to be all right, but all I can do is dream about girls like Zoe (Emote: loveya) and this girl at work called Rachael who is kind and sensitive and lovely but she's not interested in me.

After being told you're no good enough times, you start to believe it. I just wish something good would happen to me for a change.
Old 13th April 2005, 22:44
fresia

Quote:
Quote: Boc11 at 19***58;10***58;48 Wed Apr 13 2005
Abolsutely devastated for the second time this week although this time it really is a big deal.

I got a letter from Portsmouth Uni today "I regret to in form you that after careful consideration we are unable to offer you a place."

ARGH! It hasn't sank in yet. This was the only thing I was looking forward to, my lifeline out of this monotonous heap of shit called my life. Now it all lies in ruins as usual. No way out. I am trapped in my job which I hate with a vengeance, I swear it is driving me to insanity. Nothing to look forward to. I will be stuck here for ever, trapped inside this hellish life of isolation and let down after let down, why does nothing ever go right? Maybe I am whinging but I'm sorry, life isn't far.

There's just nothing left any more.
There's just an empty space.
All my energy taken by others
Just an empty shell.
A void of nothingness

Sorry I shall stop, I am becoming tearful. I have been thrown on the scrapheap just because I don't have two stupid f##king bits of paper with A Level written on them, just because the teachers persuaded me not to go to college and do stupid NVQs instead which aren't worth the paper theyre written of and all because the stupid eveil hateful malicious BULLIES at school have taken my life. They've won. They've taken everything I never had. What's the point any more? There's just no room left for anything other than negativity at all now, there's just no....rooom...left.

but just when I thought I had something to look forward to, it's taken from me. :crying :crying (Emote: crying)
Boc, have you tried applying for a foundation course? Its for mature students (over 21) who do not have A levels or equivalent, and they usally last for 1 year. After completion you can move onto the degree. I know people who got into a foundation science course with no A levels or NVQ/GNVG.
Old 13th April 2005, 23:02
KateB

Ruby - I'm sorry to hear about the baby rabbit (Emote: sad)

Quote:
Quote: Boc11 at 19***58;10***58;48 Wed Apr 13 2005
really sorry to hear about your bad news Boc (Emote: hugs) Sounds like you put a lot of hope into this. Try not to take it personally that you weren't offered a place. It's a shame so much relys on bits of paper (Emote: sad)

Feel quite good about summer coming and a few other little things.
Worried about changing one of my holidays off work. I need to know if its ok as soon as possible but I'm not very good at getting quick answers out of people in authority. I hope I won't have to keep nagging them - makes me feel like such a nuisance.
Old 13th April 2005, 23:12
IRIS

Hi - sorry to hear your news Boc! But as shit as you may feel it's not the end of your life by far, you are still a spring chicken and if you do not have the correct qualifications to go onto a degree you need to get those qualifications, simple as (Emote: smile) uni may just have to hold off for a year or 2, good things don't always happen overnight, we have to work at them don't we? Good luck
x
Old 13th April 2005, 23:32
Remus

I'm thinking of doing uni too boc, I might do one of those foundation courses to help me ease into it, rather than in at the deep end.

hope it works out for you (Emote: roundnround)
Old 13th April 2005, 23:43
fresia

Quote:
Quote: IRIS at 22***58;12***58;28 Wed Apr 13 2005
Hi - sorry to hear your news Boc! But as shit as you may feel it's not the end of your life by far, you are still a spring chicken and if you do not have the correct qualifications to go onto a degree you need to get those qualifications, simple as (Emote: smile) uni may just have to hold off for a year or 2, good things don't always happen overnight, we have to work at them don't we? Good luck
x
When I was 22 I went to college and started right at the bottom, GCSEs, then A levels. I started uni when I was 28, it's never too late! Oh dear, I bet that is one of those annoying sayings (Emote: biggrin)
Old 14th April 2005, 08:07
Boc11

Hmmn I just can't be bothered any more. Sod Uni. It's stupid, I can't get a place at Uni because I don't have the qualifications or experience but that's exactly WHY I want to go there!!! I'm certainly not doing A Levels or Foundation courses or anything, I can't afford it. In any case, when I was duped into doing stupid pointless NVQ3s, I was ASSURED that they were equivalent to A Levels.

Nope instead I'll just mope and whinge and gripe and maybe buy the jobs paper later and then moan and whinge and gripe even more when there are no jobs suitable for somebody with less charisma than a dead sheep. Sales (Are you outgoing with super confidence?) Call Centres (living hell) or Management (yeah right, I couldn't manage a herd of ducks let alone a workforce. I have no driving licence so that throws a lot of jobs out of the window. Still there's always the golden arches or ASDA. (Emote: crying)
Old 14th April 2005, 10:55
Xhael

you could do A levels at college in the evenings. I mean then you can still work while achieving something.
Old 14th April 2005, 12:57
Boc11

I could do but I'd have no time to myself at all then, soul destroying work in the evening and college every night and all that travelling around. That is no quality of life at all.
Closed Thread