SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 3rd May 2013, 16:56

Mood
Fine

Default Re: Type What You're Thinking About Right Now (4)

i'm having one of those days where i don't wanna do anything
Old 3rd May 2013, 17:58
Banned at own request

I had fun again at lunch playing soccer with mates, although I didn't play straight away as I know I'm bad at footie. I think I just need to improve my ball control to play decently.
The only thing is I'm embarrassed of my poor ball control I put to lack of experience. I can run and try to defend the ball but I can't control the ball which makes me crap at football. Playing the game made me feel good again though.

I feel like practising footie but am shit scared to show off my grossly crap skills in the park. Anyways I dunno if 19 is a bit old to be playing footie, by most, in the park.
Old 3rd May 2013, 18:06

You're never too old to play footie mate
Old 3rd May 2013, 22:24
Banned

Mood
Apelike

Quote:
Originally Posted by retep
I had fun again at lunch playing soccer with mates, although I didn't play straight away as I know I'm bad at footie. I think I just need to improve my ball control to play decently.
The only thing is I'm embarrassed of my poor ball control I put to lack of experience. I can run and try to defend the ball but I can't control the ball which makes me crap at football. Playing the game made me feel good again though.

I feel like practising footie but am shit scared to show off my grossly crap skills in the park. Anyways I dunno if 19 is a bit old to be playing footie, by most, in the park.
Practice with a tennis ball mate.
Old 3rd May 2013, 23:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermm... Yeh?
So I've got a part time job cleaning caravans. To train people they normally shpw them videos, they didn't with me they just chucked me out with someone else so I got my training doing the kitchen, no other room. So I was panicking about how badly I've been doing the caravans and today as I'm nearing cleaning my 4th overall, checkers walked in on me, I said I had done a specific other one and they said it was the cleanest one they had seen all morning. She told me if I wanted to get more units to clean just ask and say that she had said I was cleaning them to a high standard ! Panick over!
Oh, nice one!
Old 3rd May 2013, 23:10

Mood
Balanced

Ahhhh well i'll miss the only opportunity I'm ever going to get.......story of my life socially.
Old 3rd May 2013, 23:25

been asked to go see Star Trek into darkness and though i'm getting better at stepping out the house do i force myself to go and not enjoy the film or do i let them down give in and wait to enjoy it at home?
Old 3rd May 2013, 23:40
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by endo_endo
been asked to go see Star Trek into darkness and though i'm getting better at stepping out the house do i force myself to go and not enjoy the film or do i let them down give in and wait to enjoy it at home?
Who's asked you to go?

I'm fine going out on my own but still havn't got the balls to meet people.

I'm fine doing shopping and the cinema on my own in Birmingham City Centre.

Went to see Oblivion and and Iron Man 3 3D in Imax at cineworld on my own last friday and the saturday before, and I'm fine walking around, doing some shopping and having small talk with people in situations were I can escape, but the thought of meeting someone new and having a day out with them scares me, ffs.
Old 3rd May 2013, 23:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frusty
Who's asked you to go?

I'm fine going out on my own but still havn't got the balls to meet people.

I'm fine doing shopping and the cinema on my own in Birmingham City Centre.

Went to see Oblivion and and Iron Man 3 3D in Imax at cineworld on my own last friday and the saturday before, and I'm fine walking around, doing some shopping and having small talk with people in situations were I can escape, but the thought of meeting someone new and having a day out with them scares me, ffs.
my brother my sisters boyfriend my friend and his girlfriend are going and they want me to go with them and as i said i'm getting better at going out after 4 years of not going out at all so it seems like a massive thing and i know i can't relax in a dark room with 100 strangers and that will hurt my enjoyment of the film so it kind of makes it pointless but i don't want to let them down.

a trip into Birmingham City Centre would drive me nuts with worry i can't do big lumps of people and i'm also shit at small talk how was Oblivion?
Old 4th May 2013, 00:29
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by endo_endo
my brother my sisters boyfriend my friend and his girlfriend are going and they want me to go with them and as i said i'm getting better at going out after 4 years of not going out at all so it seems like a massive thing and i know i can't relax in a dark room with 100 strangers and that will hurt my enjoyment of the film so it kind of makes it pointless but i don't want to let them down.

a trip into Birmingham City Centre would drive me nuts with worry i can't do big lumps of people and i'm also shit at small talk how was Oblivion?
I know what it's like staying in doors for that long, trust me, but now I can go out and do things that you don't feel comfortable with at the mo.

I was nervous and felt disorientated just walking a minute to the local shop. Now I can do the second city with very little anxiety.

You should go and see the film at the IMAX in Cineworld.

Get there a bit early and plonk your arse right in the centre on the last row and enjoy the show.

I really enjoyed Oblivion. It was the first film I'd seen at Cineworlds IMAX.

I used The Giant Screen cinema in the Think Tank before to watch TDKR, Skyfall and Total Recall.

Cineworld on Broad Street is easier to get to and the bus drops me off pretty much opposite the cinema.

And the sound system is awesome.

Being someone who suffers from noise anxiety and jumps at the bloody toaster going off , I was worried about looking like someone with PTSD when I started going to the cinema again, but I've been fine so far.
Closed Thread