SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 17th August 2018, 00:47

Mood
Fine

Default Re: Small things that annoy you (3)

^ YES! We have very cheap light doors in our house which people have usually replaced decades ago, the slightest breeze makes them bang around when closed, drives me nuts
Old 18th August 2018, 10:12

I'm supposed to be doing a small removal job as a favor for my brother later and i've text to say that i'll be with him around 230ish, direct from work. He phoned back to say that it might be a bit late because his gf is being picked up for a bbq and the kids need looking after.... ! Well, delay the ****ing pickup then

Honestly, the two of them take the piss, especially her. It'll take no longer than an hour, so it's no biggie to delay going to a bbq by half-an-hour.
Old 22nd August 2018, 09:18

When you need a shit almost the moment you step out of the shower :/
Old 22nd August 2018, 09:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink*Lady
Agencies that charge extortionate fees when you move home.
They're supposed to be making this illegal soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink*Lady
Water is leaking through the ceiling in my bedroom and down the light bulb. My mattress and bedding are wet. I've tried phoning the agency and got an answer machine so I emailed maintenance at the agency. I've got a name and address for landlord but no contact number. I've placed a bucket under the leak to catch the water. Can't believe this.
I hope you get someone out to sort this soon! We have had no end of repairs needed doing in our new place. We've been waiting over 3 weeks now for stuff to be fixed and that's with me ringing and chasing things up. Half of our plug sockets are broken, one is split in half with the wires hanging out and we have a leak in the bathroom. I'm considering writing directly to the landlady. Sod the estate agent.
Old 22nd August 2018, 13:36

Mood
Cynical

^ That's really bad. Surely they shouldn't even be allowed to rent a place out until things like that are fixed!
Old 22nd August 2018, 20:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougella
^ That's really bad. Surely they shouldn't even be allowed to rent a place out until things like that are fixed!
You would think. Unfortunately the previous tenants lived here for years and the estate agents just didn't check the place over properly. It's taken us over 2 weeks just to unpack our stuff because we have been cleaning. The place was disgusting - we have been scraping grease/fat off the kitchen work-tops and cleaning all of the floors too. The underside of the kitchen sink has corroded and needs replacing too. The estate agents have insisted several times that the place had been cleaned. We've been re-painting too, despite a painter-decorator re-painting the week before we moved in.
Old 23rd August 2018, 21:57

When you are online clothes shopping, and you ALWAYS have to click on more information to find out what the garment is made of. That is information I need instantly. Yes, this is the very definition of a first world problem. And definitely tiny compared to renting issues.
Old 25th August 2018, 13:43
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Crunch
People who take up outside cafe seating areas without buying anything from the cafe.

During this rare pleasant British weather, I like sitting outside a local cafe to have a coffee and a pastry. This particular cafe has only four outside tables and it infuriates me when a group of people think it's OK to just plonk themselves down at one of them without buying anything. Grrrrr!!!

And breathe...
usually the cafe should ask them if they are buying anything, and evict them?
Old 25th August 2018, 23:32

Good god .... so i've been trying to be sneaky each time i've gone for a fag in the garden, paranoid about the neighbours noticing (**** knows why), and i found a spot and smoked away, joyous in knowing that i couldn't be seen from this particular spot. Only, when i came to finishing, putting the lit butt out, i dropped it, went to bend to pick it up and let out the almightiest fart ....... cover blown
Old 26th August 2018, 00:00

Mood
Cynical

^

Are your neighbours anti smoking or do you just prefer that they don't notice you at all?
Old 26th August 2018, 00:03

I'm pretty sure they'd be anti, but more than anything i'd prefer to be private ....... i can't believe my anus gave way so easily
Old 26th August 2018, 07:24

Having extreme nervousness when meeting new people and wishing the ground would open and swallow me, how I was I was normal.
Old 26th August 2018, 14:40
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

Well it's a not so small thing that annoys me.

Outlook365 keeps crashing as soon as it starts or won't open, downloaded the support and recovery assistant and all it does is crash or not open
Excel and word are temperamental too. Flipping technology. Grrr
Old 26th August 2018, 20:09
Banned

When I go shopping for food and get distracted by food I wasn't going to buy, and buy it
Old 28th August 2018, 19:15

^ Ugh. Trains. I had to get one to Peterborough the other week, and my connection at King's Cross was delayed. When it did finally arrive I was thrilled to learn the seat I'd booked was no longer valid 'because of' the delay (because that's the way to make it up to a passenger that's been a waiting around for almost an hour).

I'm currently rather annoyed at my right ear, which feels all bunged up and sore. It isn't helping my dizziness either.
Old 28th August 2018, 21:07

Mood
Alienated

^ out of interest why they cancelled?

Is it this random strike malarkey?

I got the train to manchester the other day...the guy made it quite clear we was only going to leeds then terminating ..over and over again he announced that...cue a lot of outrage about alternative transport they had attempted to arrange (badly)

and me all coz I was only going to Leeds in the first place

Edit - Helps if I actually read things
Old 28th August 2018, 22:46

Neighbours who insist on putting the washing machine on and hoovering past 11pm
Old 29th August 2018, 15:17

Mood
Cynical

^ It might be because they're on a certain electricity tariff which is cheaper past 11pm (my Mum used to be on that, so put her washing machine on at night) not the best if you're living in flats though!
Old 29th August 2018, 15:27

Mood
Sneaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Tink_
Neighbours who insist on putting the washing machine on and hoovering past 11pm

tbh i do this but mainly because my neighbours are utter savages, im convinced it doesnt affect them at all, unless they are sitting down there huddled round a crackpipe thinking that its the Sky Rumble God and saying prayers to my indesits spin cycle
Old 29th August 2018, 19:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Hodge
tbh i do this but mainly because my neighbours are utter savages, im convinced it doesnt affect them at all, unless they are sitting down there huddled round a crackpipe thinking that its the Sky Rumble God and saying prayers to my indesits spin cycle

If my neighbour has their washing machine on my living room rattles I can feel the vibration sitting on the sofa

The hoovering is even worse. We have wood floors and it's my upstairs neighbour and he/she hoovers on average at least three times per day, with the last usually between 11.30pm-midnight
Old 29th August 2018, 19:59

Mood
Sneaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Tink_

If my neighbour has their washing machine on my living room rattles I can feel the vibration sitting on the sofa

my kitchen floor is concrete so i do wonder if anything gets through to them at all...maybe when im feeling silly and start jumping around in there :B

Quote:
The hoovering is even worse. We have wood floors and it's my upstairs neighbour and he/she hoovers on average at least three times per day, with the last usually between 11.30pm-midnight

three times a day is like some OCD craziness, maybe your neighbour has an account on here and you can ban em
Old 29th August 2018, 20:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Hodge
three times a day is like some OCD craziness, maybe your neighbour has an account on here and you can ban em
I did wonder if they have OCD. They can't have kids because they're hoovering at midnight and they'd wake them up. And it's a 'no pet' block so they're not hoovering up pet fur. It's definitely a puzzler.
Old 29th August 2018, 20:31
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

Hormone headaches
Old 29th August 2018, 20:31
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

Plus I've developed over the course of the day a big zit on one side of my chin
Old 30th August 2018, 07:56
Banned at own request

When people read out their mobile numbers like 071 234 567 89 instead of 07 123 456 789

-----------------------
Dan
-----------------------
Old 30th August 2018, 11:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuits
Oh no!

Apparently it’s illegal to hoover after 8pm on a weekday and after 1pm on a Sunday.

Summon the police and have them confiscate their hoover!

(Somehow, something tells me the police wouldn’t be interested! I think you have to complain to the landlords or the council. Are they the sort of people that you could talk to about it first? :/)
I don't know who is living there to be honest. I have considered leaving an anonymous note stuck to their door saying 'please stop hoovering whilst I'm trying to sleep'
Old 1st September 2018, 00:02

Mood
Sneaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urszula
I wish EDF would stop contacting me to install a smart meter. From what I've heard they don't sound too smart.

i got as far as a guy coming round to install it and he actually talked me out of it. you cant use them with certain companies and i didnt want to be restricted.

i cant remember exact figures but i swear that i ended up getting 3 fines paid to me as a result of the smart meter thing, a total of about £120. one was because the first time someone was supposed to come, noone did. i sent a complaint that noone came and noone even got in touch to say there werent coming either. i think i got 40 quid for them not coming and also they couldnt schedule me in for another appointment within an appropriate period of time, so that was another fine, another 40 quid. and then last of all, because i never got one fitted in the end, i got another 40 quid for that too! i was like, um, sure, ok
Old 1st September 2018, 21:52
Global Moderator

Mood
Scared

Every time I open a packet of tablets I always open the end with the little leaflet folded over the the end
Old 1st September 2018, 22:04

^Me too. Sometimes I'll try to be sneaky and open the opposite end that I was about to open, but it'll still happen. I don't think the leaflet spawns into existence until you undo a flap.
Old 1st September 2018, 22:08

Just cut it open with a knife, straight through the middle.