Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 25th September 2011, 00:14

Mood
Fine

Default How is everyone feeling? (18)

Pretty grood, only thing is my legs are all cramped up from sitting too long...gah
Old 25th September 2011, 00:18
Banned

Default Re: How is everyone feeling? (17)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie

travbuddy.. for finding ppl to travel with? i might need to go check it out, looking for someone to go to china with but i don't trust strangers
Well yah. I've had a few people ask, but I didn't really think we'd gel based on their profile. This girl I think so and she doesn't live that far from me so we could meet up before hand. I think some people just get the numbers of people who are traveling at the same time, or live there so they have someone to have drinks with, or show them round the good bits.

It's either that or go by myself though as my dream holidays are more based around sight seeing/activities and quite expensive. Most of my friends want to go somewhere thats hot so they can get a tan. Obviously thats not my priority.
Old 25th September 2011, 00:27

Mood
Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by diplodocus
lol he weren't thinking with his brain that's for sure!
haha. I was gonna put something similar in my post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie
lol i fail to recognise ppl all the time

you're abandoning the internet dating thread?!
initially I thought the person was who it was. But I managed to convince myself it was someone else. Was pretty funny.

Yeah, I think I am abandoning it for a bit.

Quote:
parents are bugging the hell out of me and brother is being moody. my mum keeps saying she's so proud of me blah blah, cos of the stupid job.. when only a few days ago it was What did do wrong to bring you up, why have you turned out like this etc. change your tune so quick, and i didn't care about your lack of confidence in me so your proud means nothing to me either! but i'm glad they're both happy. i think when i get a bf they might throw some celebratory party
Why do you feel it's a stupid job?
Old 25th September 2011, 08:30

Mood
Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1moomin
It's either that or go by myself though as my dream holidays are more based around sight seeing/activities and quite expensive.
I really need a holiday. dont care where... it's been too long since my last one.
Old 25th September 2011, 10:02

Mood
Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa
Pretty grood, only thing is my legs are all cramped up from sitting too long...gah
I hate cramp. I remember getting cramp a couple of time when swimming... quite funny for an outsider looking in
Old 25th September 2011, 10:04

Mood
Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by woof
i joined Friends Reunited last night, maybe a mistake, found some people i went to primary school with. I hate reading about people that have been succesful etc.....but im too bloody curious i went to bed last night feeling so alone ,still do. im stupid.
Yeah. Try not to look at other peoples lives, as we all have a habit of comparing ourselves. Just focus on things important to you instead.
Old 25th September 2011, 10:14

Mood
Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimistic
I hate cramp. I remember getting cramp a couple of time when swimming... quite funny for an outsider looking in
Yea I've been there I had swimming and track & field during the same term at uni, and in track i used to get cramps caused by the swimming luckily the coach understood and helped me out
Old 25th September 2011, 10:48

Mood
Fine

Feel a bit shitty as my ex still wants to meet up a lot but I don't want to give her the wrong impression but would like to stay as friends. We also booked a holiday ages ago and I've offered to sell my one really cheap to one of her friends / family, buy her ticket for full price or just go to separate places but she wants me to come with her.

I do actually want to go and I'm happy to go with her, just not as boyfriend / girlfriend.

I could just plan my own holiday from Malaysia and we have our own separate holiday but sounds a little unfair on her (but she's says she would be fine with it). Hmmm what to do.
Old 25th September 2011, 10:55

Mood
Dreaming

Quote:
Most of my friends want to go somewhere thats hot so they can get a tan. Obviously thats not my priority.

Quote:
Why do you feel it's a stupid job?
i didn't mean the job was stupid, just that it's a stupid reason for mum to feel proud
Old 25th September 2011, 11:14

depressed
Old 25th September 2011, 11:18

Mood
Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky1789
depressed
What's up?
Old 25th September 2011, 11:35

Mood
Sad

blahhhhhhh
Old 25th September 2011, 12:08

Vulnerable and weak.
Old 25th September 2011, 12:15
Banned

Quote:
Well yah. I've had a few people ask, but I didn't really think we'd gel based on their profile. This girl I think so and she doesn't live that far from me so we could meet up before hand. I think some people just get the numbers of people who are traveling at the same time, or live there so they have someone to have drinks with, or show them round the good bits.

It's either that or go by myself though as my dream holidays are more based around sight seeing/activities and quite expensive. Most of my friends want to go somewhere thats hot so they can get a tan. Obviously thats not my priority.
Quote:
I really need a holiday. dont care where... it's been too long since my last one.
SAUK holiday! Uk or abroad lol.

Another site i used when looking for ppl to go interrailing with me yrs ago was gapyear.com which compared to other travel mate sites is the busiest.
Old 25th September 2011, 12:16
Banned

Quote:
Feel a bit shitty as my ex still wants to meet up a lot but I don't want to give her the wrong impression but would like to stay as friends. We also booked a holiday ages ago and I've offered to sell my one really cheap to one of her friends / family, buy her ticket for full price or just go to separate places but she wants me to come with her.

I do actually want to go and I'm happy to go with her, just not as boyfriend / girlfriend.

I could just plan my own holiday from Malaysia and we have our own separate holiday but sounds a little unfair on her (but she's says she would be fine with it). Hmmm what to do.
I would suss out as much as you can if she wants to get back together, if so i wouldn't go on hol together as it may be awkward for both of you if she pushes for it and you don't reciprocate.
Old 25th September 2011, 12:24

sad, missing someone.. >:
Old 25th September 2011, 12:25
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRG.89
I'm feeling like an sauk gap yah
1 year of awkward silences!
Old 25th September 2011, 12:36

hungover
Old 25th September 2011, 13:02

Mood
Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnni
I would suss out as much as you can if she wants to get back together, if so i wouldn't go on hol together as it may be awkward for both of you if she pushes for it and you don't reciprocate.
She does want to but she knows I don't and that I won't change my mind. On one hand I think, if anything happens while we go on holiday then I've been honest and made I clear that I won't get back together and she can make her own decisions. I'm sure we'd have a great time over there.

On the other hand, she is someone important to me that I don't want to hurt, so I'm worried that she'd be more unhappy when we get back from holiday.

It's tricky.
Old 25th September 2011, 13:07

Mood
Fine

Quote:
SAUK holiday! Uk or abroad
To be honest, I wouldn't go on a holiday posted in the meets section, unless it was either Japan (unlikely) or Amsterdam. Anywhere else, I'd want to travel only with friends / potential friends or just in my own and go to hostel / couchsurf to meet people.
Old 25th September 2011, 13:18
Banned

How come Amsterdam/Japan are different then?
Old 25th September 2011, 13:22

Mood
Fine

Quote:
How come Amsterdam/Japan are different then?
Just because I would LOVE to go to Japan and so a post would give me a kick up the backside to arrange to go. Amsterdam - I've only once smoked cannabis and would like to go there and try it but would like other more
'knowledgable' people there at the same time
Old 25th September 2011, 13:28

Mood
Breezy

Quote:
She does want to but she knows I don't and that I won't change my mind. On one hand I think, if anything happens while we go on holiday then I've been honest and made I clear that I won't get back together and she can make her own decisions. I'm sure we'd have a great time over there.

On the other hand, she is someone important to me that I don't want to hurt, so I'm worried that she'd be more unhappy when we get back from holiday.

It's tricky.
Well if you'd laid it out like that, there's really not much you can do. She's an adult and as you say she can make her own decisions. Might sound a bit cold but if she's puts herself in a position to hurt herself that's not your problem.
Old 25th September 2011, 13:46
Banned

Quote:
Just because I would LOVE to go to Japan and so a post would give me a kick up the backside to arrange to go. Amsterdam - I've only once smoked cannabis and would like to go there and try it but would like other more
'knowledgable' people there at the same time
I'm sure you could find a old wise stoner or 2 in Amsterdam if you went although actually there seems to have been quite a few people from here who have been.
I'd like to go to Japan as it seems so different to the rest of the world i have visited but would think it would cost a bomb to go there, even for a week.
Old 25th September 2011, 13:47

Mood
Breezy

Feeling extremely lucky after a near miss. Was under the rear axle of my car earlier, it was held up with a jack and heard a clunk and at the same time the car just dropped! I shot out from underneath on my belly. Then realised by rights I should have been crushed as my car sits quite low and there isn't enough room under there for a person

I looked at the jack and it had slipped on the tarmac but very luckily had got wedged diagonally so the car hadn't dropped the whole way down. I shouldn't have got under there with just a jack holding it up, won't be doing that ever again!

I was buzzing for a good while after that though
Old 25th September 2011, 13:51
Banned

I'll be in Amsterdam as well in Nov with friends.

I've heard they are changing the laws on selling weed there but I haven't looked into that. If its the case it's best to get there ASAP lol.
Old 25th September 2011, 13:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by diplo.
Was under the rear axle of my car earlier, it was held up with a jack and heard a clunk and at the same time the car just dropped!
bloody hell, close one!
Old 25th September 2011, 13:53
Banned

You planning on going to Iceland also? Amsterdam seems like cheap holiday destination thx to budget airlines.
Old 25th September 2011, 13:56
Banned

Quote:
You planning on going to Iceland also? Amsterdam seems like cheap holiday destination.
Yup I found a travel buddy that seems like a match personality wise (although we need to meet!). She wants to go in Oct, so I said Oct, early Nov.

Amsterdam was so much more expensive than I expected it to be! Everything costs the same as here and the drinks were like £10 each.
Old 25th September 2011, 14:04
Banned

How you getting there?
Closed Thread