SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 23rd May 2019, 12:26

Default Re: Type what you're thinking about right now (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Spud
110 Parcels today - what on earth are you lot buying??? I've never known it so busy this time of year, it's gone bonkers.
Whenever you write about delivering parcels, rocket spud, I get a mental image of you as the hero of Bukowski's Post Office, delivering mail through a whirlwind of whiskey and women.
Old 23rd May 2019, 16:15
Global Moderator

Mood
Sluggish

I appear to have turned into a lobster today, I think I need to buy some sun cream.
Old 23rd May 2019, 19:43

I need to get my hair cut, but the hairdressers in my usual hairdressers have all changed and they've not very nice people. So that means I need to find a new one and that fills me with anxiety because I hate random people getting to know me. I seriously need to learn another language so I can pretend that I can't speak English. Well, I probably just need to learn some social skills, but I like the language idea better.
Old 23rd May 2019, 21:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copernicium
Whenever you write about delivering parcels, rocket spud, I get a mental image of you as the hero of Bukowski's Post Office, delivering mail through a whirlwind of whiskey and women.
I don't know the reference (had to look it up) but, yeah, sounds about right just without the women :/

This day has properly felt like summer for me. I'm quite enjoying it ..... shame i keep thinking it's Friday though
Old 23rd May 2019, 22:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmosby
Why people that are incapable of doing their jobs continue doing them, both stopping capable people from taking those jobs and inconveniencing people unfortunate enough to have to deal with them.
It's The Peter Principle:

"The Peter Principle is an observation that the tendency in most organizational hierarchies, such as that of a corporation, is for every employee to rise in the hierarchy through promotion until they reach a level of respective incompetence"

edit to add Wiki link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_principle

Old 24th May 2019, 10:09
Global Moderator

Mood
Sluggish

Theresa May has just resigned, I wonder which idiot will take over from her?
Old 24th May 2019, 23:58

Mood
Bookworm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmosby
Why people that are incapable of doing their jobs continue doing them, both stopping capable people from taking those jobs and inconveniencing people unfortunate enough to have to deal with them.
good question. Is the wider world of work like this too, you wonder. Full of people who float along basically doing as little as they can get away with...
Old 25th May 2019, 11:16

Thinking - wondering - where is Mo?
Has she come back from her doggy sitting? I'm missing her daily updates.
Old 25th May 2019, 11:24
Banned at own request

Mood
Elated

^ I've been wondering about her and how she's been getting on too.

I think she said she was sitting the woofer until today.
Old 25th May 2019, 13:23
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

^^/^

I haven't on the forum for a week? or so. My car died, (had to steer it whilst being towed to garage, eek!!), had a loan car briefly so decided to take much of my stuff (heavy stuff like my laptop home as I was worried about getting everything back, suitcase and the like, without a car! It's been exhausting running about Everything in the last week I've touched seems to have been a problem, I even got attacked by a sodding seagull

Still the dog is fine, the cottage is fine, and the owners seemed pleased with it all. Jez, (the dog) seemed to be clingy with me when they got back which was strange. I suppose they get used to who there with. I'll miss the silly sod.
Old 25th May 2019, 15:07

^ Ah glad you are okay Mo - a week away and folk start to worry here

Sounds like you've had a particularly active week. Cars choose the most inappropriate times to break down don't they, but I'm glad you got yourself and all your stuff home safely in the end
It must have been sad for you and the doggy to have to say goodbye but I guess as it all went well you may have the opportunity to sit with Jez again in the future?
Old 25th May 2019, 20:50
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

^
Aww. Thanks Consolida Tho I'd imagine a week without me posting drivel is probably quite nice for most folks

Tell me about it. Sadly my car is 'orf to car heaven

Yeah, I will miss him, though I won't miss the constantly having to rush back to make sure he was alright. It's quite stressful when your not in the local vicinity.

Yeah I think they seem quite keen. Mostly cause i'm local I think. They were saying they were quite keen on going up to London for shows and the like but because of jez they can't. So i think they will be in touch. She also told me to pop round and see him/walk him if i wanted too.
Old 26th May 2019, 19:08
Global Moderator

Mood
Sluggish

I very rarely work on a Sunday but today I made an exception and everything has been a pain in the arse, I would have been better off to bang my head against a brick wall for the day.
Old 27th May 2019, 02:24

Honestly want to move out but I don't know how. I know I accepted my current job as permanent then decided to turn down the offer as job seemed to make me depressed and then other stuff such as the colleague I work with. It just doesn't seem like the best work environment for me.

Main reason I want to move out is cause I feel it would be easier to feel more confident or good about myself if I moved out. Idk if I have aspergers though one of mum's old friends, who was a teacher, did suspect it but my mum didn't check with the doctors. Times were different then though.

I grew up with her telling me certain things I did were wrong because people would think I was crazy or not all right if they saw me doing it. She uses the line "I will call the mental health team" as a threat. Like being mentally ill is wrong or rude. She suffers from mental illness herself but doesn't seem to have fully come to terms with it or isn't comfortable with the fact. But then she is estranged from family. But I also feel the fact that she isn't comfortable with her mental illness had probably led to her losing all of her friends, being unemployed or not being able to hold a job for long.
Today she accused me of banging something which I wasn't doing and told me off for it. I stim to music though, but wasn't doing that either. It just made me think that I can't really feel good about myself in my own house as my mum doesn't seem to accept mental illnesses and disorders.
Old 27th May 2019, 12:53

Mood
Melancholy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merritt
Was told that my mum's dog, confirmed Good Boy and Lovely Lad, had a small seizure the other day. Apparently the vet wasn't too concerned and he's been fine since, but my tendency to catastrophise everything is creeping in
Sorry to hear about your mum's dog, Merritt. Is he okay now? Hope you're feeling okay too.
Old 27th May 2019, 15:25
Banned at own request

Mood
Elated

My skin is so unbelievably angry today.

It's super dry, has been for ages but nothing I seem to do helps. And now I've started breaking out like never before and nothing I seem to do helps this either.

Time to tie a bell around my neck and move to the leper colony, me thinks.
Old 27th May 2019, 16:22

Whether there's a greater example of poetry in domestic life than not being able to find your invisible socks in the underwear basket.
Old 27th May 2019, 16:52
Banned at own request

Thinking why am i excited about folding my t-shirts Marie Kondo oragami style after seeing her programe last night.Then placing them neatly in straight lines in my draw
Old 27th May 2019, 22:15
Global Moderator

Mood
Sluggish

I really am my own worst enemy, I put myself down, don't believe in myself and make myself feel worse.
I am destroying me.
Old 27th May 2019, 23:45

Mood
Alienated

^ I feel exactly the same D1662. I hope you feel less frustrated one day.

I'm thinking, I wish real life was more like this forum. SAUK has loads of interesting people, having fascinating conversations.
In real life, so many people hide behind a mask, and most conversations seem to be bland small-talk. I don't really enjoy talking to people or listening to people IRL - but on this forum, I'm so much more interested.
Old 28th May 2019, 00:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubbs
Sorry to hear about your mum's dog, Merritt. Is he okay now? Hope you're feeling okay too.
Thanks chum I think he's been alright since. He seemed his usual happy self when I saw him last week, which was reassuring
Old 28th May 2019, 01:16

I am always nostalgic to this era of music cause people say times use to be simpler without all this tech and the music also sounded simpler.

I am well aware though that it was far from simpler and there were more limitations when it came to typical music production. However by simple I mean that the song isn't trying to show off or asking for attention in fact it's trying to sound quite typical. The opposite of most music today, which I also like, which sounds more overly stimulating or machine like. And not necessarily always more complex but is made to sound more complex. Guess it's a product of the times though.
Old 28th May 2019, 13:36

Mood
Melancholy

Democracy is nothing more than a confidence trick!
Old 28th May 2019, 14:23

Hypnosis
Old 28th May 2019, 14:56

Anxiety and depression
Old 28th May 2019, 17:16
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

What an odd day I'm having.
Old 28th May 2019, 17:26

I feel mental disorders, being misunderstood for them, makes me emphasise when a person who went School in the 70's or so speaks of racism that happened then and the fact that they still may seem affected by it.

I wouldn't say I am around that many people, including those of ethnic minorities though IO notice the head chef, who is Ghanaian, and the boss in a previous job, who was Indian, talk so much about racial stuff. It seems that the older generations, ethnic minorities, are more affected by racial issues as they probably dealt with more open racism than the younger generations. They are also more likely to be migrants I guess.

I feel I am deeply affected by being misunderstood so would care about equality towards people with neurological and mental disorders like they do about racism.
Old 28th May 2019, 17:38

I think I'mm going to the more political toxic side of Twitter. Saw a guy who posts news on racism, not bad I suppose, it's needed however it's also toxic I believe to constantly be angry. I believe too much anger can cause literally cause illness. So I wouldn't follow this guy or if I do, put him on the mute.
Old 28th May 2019, 19:31
Banned at own request

Cheddar Gorge whilst eating a tasteless veggie burger...how my mind works weird.Just before that how i found sixteen odd socks , sorted six jumpers and five t shirts to be thrown after dumping all clothes on bed Marie Kondo style.My shirt draw is now immaculate with everything folded into little rectangles

What you've never worn them knickers...i'm folding her bikinis think this has gone too far....
Old 28th May 2019, 19:43

I'm crap at spotting "famous" people yet my Mrs can spot them from half a mile. When I say famous... she saw (and approached) Marilyn (80s one hit wonder singer) in a pizza restaurant last night, and then spotted (and definitely didn't approach) Daniella Westbrook at a service station Burger King about 2 hours ago