SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Room with a View
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #5041  
Old 16th September 2019, 15:48
Schmosby Schmosby is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London
Posts: 3,894
Blog Entries: 1

Mood
Relaxed

Default Re: What I did today - for small achievements and cheers

^That's the same one I've got. A waterrower.

They look lovely and are easy to store, but they don't have the same community as the Concept rowers do, so if you're competitive you're better off with the Concept as you can compete online.

Reply With Quote
  #5042  
Old 16th September 2019, 15:51
Jen. Jen. is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 371
Default Re: What I did today - for small achievements and cheers

Ooh yeah, that's it.

The ones at the gym are just boring metal ones.

Can you fill it with juice?
Reply With Quote
  #5043  
Old 16th September 2019, 16:08
Schmosby Schmosby is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London
Posts: 3,894
Blog Entries: 1

Mood
Relaxed

Default Re: What I did today - for small achievements and cheers

^Male tears work well. I might stick a block of Bloo in mine.
Reply With Quote
  #5044  
Old 16th September 2019, 17:44
Utopia Utopia is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: London
Posts: 980
Blog Entries: 6
Default Re: What I did today - for small achievements and cheers

Believe it or not I've been across the Thames of a speed boat, it was alright, but speed boats are much more fun on the sea at full speed.

I used to have an indoor exercise bike, but I sold it ages ago, really should start doing some cardio again.
Reply With Quote
  #5045  
Old 17th September 2019, 16:57
Aleks Aleks is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: South East
Posts: 2,021

Mood
Alienated

Default Re: What I did today - for small achievements and cheers

Recently, I took my dog to the pub and ordered a pint and some lunch, and felt completely comfortable.

In the past I wouldn't have been able to do order lunch on my own, especially with a dog which kind of brings attention. I would have cared too much about what people think about me being on my own. I've been going into cafes on my own for years, but to actually order lunch and to bring my dog is quite a recent thing for me.

I think pubs are one of the best public places to go on your own - they often have people from all walks of life in them, and quite a few people on their own. Admittedly not so easy at weekends when they are busier and have more groups and couples.
Reply With Quote
  #5046  
Old 20th September 2019, 07:57
Jen. Jen. is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 371
Default Re: What I did today - for small achievements and cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen.
I don't really know what the etiquette is for that. I don't do online food shopping much, but when I do I just pile everything in the porch while they lift up each box in turn for me to grab the contents, then put it all away when they're gone.
I ordered a food delivery for later because I also wanted to get cat food and litter in bulk. Every other time almost everything has been in paper bags (with just very large things loose), but I just saw in the email they say they no longer put anything in bags, paper or otherwise It wasn't that difficult to empty the boxes previously while the driver lifted them up for me. Now it seems that I'll have to take every single item out of the boxes individually. Jesus Christ.

Are you supposed to tip supermarket delivery drivers? I never know when you're expected to do it, so I usually just never do it. A few years ago when I had sofas delivered the guys who carried them into my house then sat down on the sofas catching their breath, and they seemed to be making a big deal over how tired they were from it, and I thought at the time they were probably hanging on for a tip (but I didn't give them one because I'd already had to pay to get them delivered).
Reply With Quote
  #5047  
Old 20th September 2019, 08:29
Melangell Melangell is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 829
Default Re: What I did today - for small achievements and cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleks
Recently, I took my dog to the pub and ordered a pint and some lunch, and felt completely comfortable.

In the past I wouldn't have been able to do order lunch on my own, especially with a dog which kind of brings attention. I would have cared too much about what people think about me being on my own. I've been going into cafes on my own for years, but to actually order lunch and to bring my dog is quite a recent thing for me.

I think pubs are one of the best public places to go on your own - they often have people from all walks of life in them, and quite a few people on their own. Admittedly not so easy at weekends when they are busier and have more groups and couples.
That's great Aleks 😊🐶

I love it when people take their dogs into pubs, my dog used to be a good pub dog too, as she got older I used to take a blanket in for her. There's a pub near me that does mini pub meals for dogs 🙂
Reply With Quote
  #5048  
Old 20th September 2019, 08:46
Rocket Spud Rocket Spud is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 11,783
Default Re: What I did today - for small achievements and cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen.
I ordered a food delivery for later because I also wanted to get cat food and litter in bulk. Every other time almost everything has been in paper bags (with just very large things loose), but I just saw in the email they say they no longer put anything in bags, paper or otherwise It wasn't that difficult to empty the boxes previously while the driver lifted them up for me. Now it seems that I'll have to take every single item out of the boxes individually. Jesus Christ.

Are you supposed to tip supermarket delivery drivers? I never know when you're expected to do it, so I usually just never do it. A few years ago when I had sofas delivered the guys who carried them into my house then sat down on the sofas catching their breath, and they seemed to be making a big deal over how tired they were from it, and I thought at the time they were probably hanging on for a tip (but I didn't give them one because I'd already had to pay to get them delivered).
Haha, sounds like they were milking it!

It depends - if you live in a place with easy access and they haven't had to make any exceptional efforts to get to your door and you've made light work of getting your shopping in ... then no

If it looks like they need a haircut then maybe a fiver - i got tipped a random twenty the other day
Reply With Quote
  #5049  
Old 20th September 2019, 20:00
Jen. Jen. is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 371
Default Re: What I did today - for small achievements and cheers

That delivery was absolutely insane It took so, so long to take everything out one by one and pile stuff up on the floor while the driver stood there lifting up the boxes. When it got too uncomfortable I said, "This must take ages now you can't use bags, huh?" and he said "Yes... yes, it certainly does." I don't get why they can't use paper bags like before
Reply With Quote
  #5050  
Old 20th September 2019, 20:32
Bluebear Bluebear is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: South East
Posts: 822
Default Re: What I did today - for small achievements and cheers

talked to my pet (a wild animal)
Reply With Quote
  #5051  
Old 20th September 2019, 21:15
Melangell Melangell is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 829
Default Re: What I did today - for small achievements and cheers

^
Reply With Quote
  #5052  
Old 20th September 2019, 21:40
Bluebear Bluebear is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: South East
Posts: 822
Default Re: What I did today - for small achievements and cheers

^
Reply With Quote
  #5053  
Old Yesterday, 13:20
Aleks Aleks is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: South East
Posts: 2,021

Mood
Alienated

Default Re: What I did today - for small achievements and cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melangell
That's great Aleks

I love it when people take their dogs into pubs, my dog used to be a good pub dog too, as she got older I used to take a blanket in for her. There's a pub near me that does mini pub meals for dogs
Aww! I might consider bringing a blanket next time

Its great most pubs allow dogs, as there are not many places you can take them. Although there are some pubs that don't allow them and are not very clear about it, and when you ask them they reply like you've just asked if you can have some free beer.
Most of the pubs are friendly though, and many i've been to have dog biscuit jars where you can help yourself!
Reply With Quote
  #5054  
Old Yesterday, 21:14
Schmosby Schmosby is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London
Posts: 3,894
Blog Entries: 1

Mood
Relaxed

Default Re: What I did today - for small achievements and cheers

Did my first row over 30mins ever this eve, an 8k and that was on top of doing a 6k this morning. I think I'll try for a 10k next.

The streatching seems to be helping with the left leg numbness and shifting my weight on to my right side now and then during the row seems to help.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 16:22.


SAUK Award
Logo designed by abc
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.