SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 31st May 2019, 00:33

Mood
Crappy

Default Someone pointed a gun at me today

So at work today my boss doesn't show up until I am 4 hours into my shift. He pulls me outside and says he is giving my position to someone else and giving me something lesser. He gave me no reason and I didn't ask why.

So I was upset and asked one of the managers if I could leave early and she says yes. I buy beer and go to my friends apartment. And I chugged down a whole lot of them and got drunk.

So afterwards while I'm still drunk we take a drive to a town that's a hour away. We go inside the mall and I was just saying hey to random people.
Old 31st May 2019, 00:36

Mood
Crappy

Default Re: Someone pointed a gun at me today

After we leave the mall my friend goes to gas station.
My friend gets out to pump and I do to. I noticed a guy ahead of us pumping at another one. I said "hey!" to him. The guy leaves and goes inside to pump gas.

Then he comes back out and asks if I'm alright. I said yeah. He then starts saying mumbo jumbo, I wasnt paying attention. He then at one point says he will shoot me and points a gun at me.

Then my friend tells me to get into the car and he was telling the person I was drunk. We drove off and nothing happened except me feeling bad.
Old 31st May 2019, 03:08

That must have been incredibly scary Gomen

Although knife crime is admittedly getting out of hand here in the UK, I honestly can't imagine some random guy at a Gas Station just pointing a gun at me while I was minding my own business and just refuelling my car.

Out of interest, is the friend you were with the the same guy who smokes weed and who you sometimes have to feed and buy alcohol for? I hope at least one of you was sober while you were driving to Town as it does sound like you need to have your wits about you if some folk take umbrage so easily and start waving guns at you.

Regarding your Boss giving your position to someone else without any explanation I do think you should try to pluck up the courage to ask him why.
I can see why you would be very upset about this, but perhaps if you learn the reason why he moved you to a lesser position it will help you to understand and perhaps give you the opportunity to make any changes necessary.

Take good care of yourself Gomen
Old 31st May 2019, 08:07

Gomen I think you need to be spending a bit less time with this guy and his mates. To be fair I guess the gun situation could have potentially happened any time and just happened to be when you were with the guy. But.. from the outside it seems to me you're slipping into a world here with these people that might not be good for you.
Old 31st May 2019, 10:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewyear
Gomen I think you need to be spending a bit less time with this guy and his mates. To be fair I guess the gun situation could have potentially happened any time and just happened to be when you were with the guy. But.. from the outside it seems to me you're slipping into a world here with these people that might not be good for you.
^ Agreed.

Being drunk in America can be dangerous. I know, I've been there.
Old 31st May 2019, 11:23

Very sorry about how your boss behaved, it sounds crass. You should have been taken into his office, not outside, and he should have given you some indication of why he was doing this, and allowed you a bit of time to respond.

Now that you have a car, aren't there other jobs you could look for? I'm guessing if you had some work that suited you better, you might not be so likely to get into unpleasant situations with this friend.
Old 31st May 2019, 22:40

Mood
Tired

That boss needs sacking. I don't know if there's any back-story, like disciplinaries. I'm assuming there isn't.

Having a gun pointed at you? This country really is turning into the 51st state, not just in fashion, attitude and girth of people.

Saying 'hey' to random people, that doesn't warrant threats of violence!

Sure, the English are not that used to having people saying 'hi' to them, except on country paths. People maybe taken aback if they're not used to people saying 'hi'. They may not be used to that. If you're drunk, especially so. Still, that doesn't excuse the behaviour of that guy.

Your friend did the right thing.

Did you get the guy's number plate? He's commited assault. Threat of violence is AGAINST THE LAW! Did anyone take a picture of the number plate?
Old 1st June 2019, 00:39

I'm a bit worried for you, hope you are fine. Just heard there was a mass shooting in Virginia and made me think of this thread.