SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 1st September 2019, 01:20

Default Re: How is everyone feeling? (31)

Like this guy
Old 1st September 2019, 09:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo34
^^/^ Thanks both

Yeah hopefully physio will do the trick, tho I dread to think what the wait is to see one. I must say I'd feel better if they gave me a xray or scan but I suppose its early for that.

Much as I hate codeine getting a dose today was just such a relief, might actually get some proper sleep tonight as well.
It's the physio that refers you for a scan or x-ray, once you've been assessed by one initially they will either send you for a scan or treat you for a number of weeks, but still with the option of referral if it's not working. It could be that with the pain being severe and in your neck, they might refer you quickly. Hope you're not waiting too long.
Old 1st September 2019, 10:22
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

^
Oh I see. Thanks for the info . Yeah I hope so to.

I'm so glad I went to the docs yesterday, woke up in agony the s'morning which I wasn't really expecting.
Old 1st September 2019, 21:40

Of course I had to go and fall in love with a Hungarian right as Brexit is about to happen. Of course I did.
Old 1st September 2019, 22:45

bit sh*t

A hungarian sounds good, whimsical, ignore brexit, follow your heart xx
Old 1st September 2019, 23:27

Mood
Cynical

^^ Ooh a Hungarian, very sexy accent.
Old 1st September 2019, 23:44

Mood
Alienated

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Whimsical Stranger
Of course I had to go and fall in love with a Hungarian right as Brexit is about to happen. Of course I did.
Good for you, I hope it goes well. Perhaps if things get really serious and you get married, you could get a Hungarian passport!
And yes, great accent! I love how their language is related to Finnish despite being no where near each other, and no one is quite sure why!
Old 1st September 2019, 23:47

Mood
Alienated

I'm feeling very worried really.

I'm back to work tomorrow. As I work in a school I've had the summer off! The autumn term is always the longest, together with days getting shorter and weather getting colder. I'm not enjoying working there either as it's become a toxic environment. On top of that, I have lots of uncertainty regarding finances and housing which is stressing me out, as well as my worsening depression .

Also, at a BBQ event recently, someone came up to my friend saying "did you know X is single? You're perfect for her, you should ask her out!". Which is lovely, but I can't help but feel quite jealous. I'd love someone to come up to me and say their friend might be interested, but im not exactly a catch. Selfish, I know. This BBQ event also had many people my age with their partners and even kids. Makes me feel a little sad. I know you shouldn't compare yourself to others, but events like that make it very difficult. That feeling of loneliness where you feel a little sick.
I should add some positivity though, I'm very grateful I'm invited to things like bbqs by friends, and the event was a really good laugh and good fun. This negative thought was only a small part of it!
Old 2nd September 2019, 08:35

I hope your first day back goes ok, Aleks

Working in a school is hard with SA, I haven't gone back to work after being off with back problems I just couldn't face it, even when people are nice around you it's a very social environment, so if people aren't being nice and professional I imagine it's really tough for you. The best bit is the children, I hope they keep you cheered up today and tell you lots of stories about their holidays to make the day go quickly x
Old 2nd September 2019, 09:43
Global Moderator

Mood
Sluggish

Fed up of being lied to, I need to get some self respect.
Old 2nd September 2019, 10:45

Mood
Sad

Very bad. Mental health not good at the moment.
Old 2nd September 2019, 10:59

^ are you getting some support?

^^ what's happened, D?
Old 2nd September 2019, 11:49

Mood
Sad

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuits
^ are you getting some support?
Yes the AMHT and shared care have been in touch, thanks Biscuits.
Old 2nd September 2019, 14:20

Mood
Alienated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melangell
I hope your first day back goes ok, Aleks

Working in a school is hard with SA, I haven't gone back to work after being off with back problems I just couldn't face it, even when people are nice around you it's a very social environment, so if people aren't being nice and professional I imagine it's really tough for you. The best bit is the children, I hope they keep you cheered up today and tell you lots of stories about their holidays to make the day go quickly x
Thank you Melangell! Do you think you'd ever want to go back to work in a school?
The kids arnt back yet, so it's just meetings and talking to other staff. Most people are saying it's nice to come back without the kids. I'm the opposite - I prefer it when the kids are here, so I have less time around adults 😂
Old 2nd September 2019, 14:31

^I'm exactly the same, I hate the staff room or staff meetings and anything where it's just adults, I'd much rather be working and busy dealing with the children. They're less complicated.
I don't feel like I will go back to working in a school, it seems too overwhelming, I used to get a lot out of working with sen kids, but the anxiety seems too much.
Old 2nd September 2019, 14:56

Mood
Sad

Witnessed an accident on the way to have my derma injection. According to local news it's severe. Looks like someone got hit by a car.
Old 2nd September 2019, 14:57

Mood
Sad

^^/^^^ are you both teachers or teaching assistants?
Old 2nd September 2019, 15:45

Mentally in quite a bad place.
Old 2nd September 2019, 16:21

Mood
Alienated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Percy
^^/^^^ are you both teachers or teaching assistants?
I'm a teaching assistant. I don't think I would enjoy being a teacher. I've never heard of a job where so many teachers have left the job, or become a teaching assistant, because of the stress.

Btw if anyone knows any teachers, it's probably best not to say "at least you get long holidays".
Old 2nd September 2019, 16:22

Mood
Cynical

^^

I had to go and see the nurse practitioner today for a medication review, which they seem to make you do every year at my surgery but I suppose that's good. He checked my blood pressure and thought it seemed a bit low, so he checked it again two different ways. He's a bit worried about it so he wants me to start drinking more (fluids not alcohol!) and come back in a week to have it checked again. Bit worrying!
Old 2nd September 2019, 16:37

^ Hopefully increasing your fluid intake will do the trick and sort out your low blood pressure. It's good that your surgery are keeping a close eye on things so try not to worry yourself too much Dougella x

I received a letter from my Surgery the week before last, after my NHS blood test results came back, asking me to make a routine appointment with my GP. As my in-laws were staying for the week I had to put things on hold and this week my excuse is that I don't think I can even muster up the energy to get myself to the Surgery
Old 2nd September 2019, 16:48
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleks
I'm a teaching assistant. I don't think I would enjoy being a teacher. I've never heard of a job where so many teachers have left the job, or become a teaching assistant, because of the stress.

Btw if anyone knows any teachers, it's probably best not to say "at least you get long holidays".
I have left teaching and I don't think I will ever go back to it. I am infinitely happier being office-based and visiting schools for meetings.

A teacher during the summer holidays typically spends their time planning for the year ahead, making resources and labels and worrying about returning to school.
Old 2nd September 2019, 16:48

Mood
Cynical

^ Thanks I hope so, I am bad at drinking enough.

Aw, maybe you'll be feeling more up to it next week. It sounds like you usually have to wait a while to get an appointment where you are anyway!
Old 2nd September 2019, 17:05

^ Yes me too Dougella. I can go for hours without drinking and then wonder why I'm feeling so awful.
I don't mind upping my fluid intake but I don't want to be spending half of my life in the toilet!

I might try to phone for a GP's appointment in the week if I am feeling a little less fragile. I can't face being patronised and talked down to at the moment because I'm just a middle aged neurotic hormonal woman
Old 2nd September 2019, 17:10

^ My other half drinks gallons of fluid, and constantly tells me I don't drink enough by far. But personally I can't physically stomach drinking that much fluid. And yet she only pees a fraction of the number of times I do - something is wrong!
Can only imagine, as Consolida says, how much I'd be peeing if I drank as much as my gf does!
Old 2nd September 2019, 17:11

Sorry you're feeling low, Consolida

I noticed a difference in my energy levels, general pain levels since getting home from France, I can't figure it out and wondered if it was the difference in vitamin D or something, but you're already taking that. There's definitely something about a sunny climate that helps wellbeing I'm sure.
Old 2nd September 2019, 17:46

Mood
Sad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleks
I'm amazed at how many people falsely believe teachers get all that time off, they don't. I know that yet many assume teachers have an easy time of it because of the school holidays.
Old 2nd September 2019, 17:47

Mood
Sad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Consolida
Mentally in quite a bad place.
Sorry to hear that Consolida. Me too.
Old 2nd September 2019, 17:50

Looking forward to tomorrow but feeling a bit low in mood.
Old 2nd September 2019, 18:19

^ I hope whatever you are looking forward to doing tomorrow helps to lift your mood endo

Quote:
Originally Posted by limey123
^ My other half drinks gallons of fluid, and constantly tells me I don't drink enough by far. But personally I can't physically stomach drinking that much fluid. And yet she only pees a fraction of the number of times I do - something is wrong!
Can only imagine, as Consolida says, how much I'd be peeing if I drank as much as my gf does!

I don't know if your other half is much younger than you but that could be the reason why she can drink lots more fluid and yet not keep needing the toilet. Or maybe she just sweats it out
I used to be able to go a whole day without needing the toilet but it's a completely different story now - fluid tends to go straight through me. I think it's definitely linked to getting older and the bladder (a long with everything else ) becoming weaker and saggier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melangell
Sorry you're feeling low, Consolida

I noticed a difference in my energy levels, general pain levels since getting home from France, I can't figure it out and wondered if it was the difference in vitamin D or something, but you're already taking that. There's definitely something about a sunny climate that helps wellbeing I'm sure.
Thanks x

Yes, I can relate to that and I guess is the reason why a lot of retired people move to sunnier climes if they can afford to.

When I went to Italy back in June it was so HOT and yet I had so much more energy there than I've had ever since. Despite the high temperatures the heat on holiday was far less humid and oppressive than the heatwave we experienced in the U.K. last week.
Holidays are great but it's the going and coming back that I hate!

I think being surrounded by beautiful scenery helps too

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittles88
confused and delusional
I'm sorry to hear that
Are you still getting help for these symptoms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Percy
Sorry to hear that Consolida. Me too.
Thanks Percy x It sucks big time doesn't it