SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 31st May 2019, 11:23

Mood
Gloomy

Default Re: How is everyone feeling? (31)

Blimey Hope everything works out Mo Just remember it's not your car, and the insurance wasn't valid as soon as you'd sold it to them, don't let anyone pin anything on you
Old 31st May 2019, 14:28

Mood
Cynical

^^ That's really scary! Hope everything gets sorted out Mo34.
Old 31st May 2019, 16:20
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copernicium
Is this your car, Mo34?

If it is, then you have made at least 3 different newspapers!!!

https://www.midsussextimes.co.uk/new...eath-1-8946691

https://www.wscountytimes.co.uk/news...eath-1-8946691

There is even video footage of the blaze in this one:

https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/1767...o-car-on-fire/

Blimey, it's not often that events in the 'How Is Everyone Feeling Thread' make the newspapers. This may even be a first. I think everyone who sees your post will be on your side today, Mo34, and thinking about you. I know I am.

That is indeed my car!!! Or whats left of the poor thing. Blimey, I'd seen pictures but not video footage. I'm surprised it's in so many local papers - The Argus is more Worthing/Brighton area of Sussex. It did cause an awful lot of disruption on the roads though, or so i'm told.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddity
Blimey Hope everything works out Mo Just remember it's not your car, and the insurance wasn't valid as soon as you'd sold it to them, don't let anyone pin anything on you

Thanks
I phoned the company the s'morning and the office hadn't heard anything so told me they would ring the driver. They rang me back a while later and have, thankfully, accepted full responsibility. They admitted they had picked up the car and it had been sold to them etc.. Apparently the driver didn't tow the car but indeed drove it instead although they had no idea why. Whilst driving along the car burst into flames.
My insurance told me to ring the police and tell them I was no longer the registered keeper, which they were fine about. They've passed my info onto the investigation.
So thankfully it seems to be sorted, the insurance claim is closed and the police informed etc..

How he got approx 16 miles in that car before something happened, I'll never know. what a stupid thing to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougella
^^ That's really scary! Hope everything gets sorted out Mo34.
Thanks Dougella It is a bit, I bet the driver got a right fright!
Old 31st May 2019, 17:41

Hi Mo,

Was that your 15 minutes of flame?

Well done for sorting it, that kind of thing just freaks me out.

Thanks Consolida, ( and Dimples, I didn't reply earlier (I have poop for brains atm , sorry)).

My difficulties are not going to bugger off any time soon as I am causing it.

Consolida; it is heartbreaking to me that, as one of the nicest people on this forum, you have to be going through what you are at the moment. I hope things change direction for you soon.
Old 31st May 2019, 19:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Consolida
^ Hope your mood picks up again soon Rocket Spud
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appear
^^ 'Ope stuff picks up, Spudder.
Thanks
Old 1st June 2019, 03:16

Mood
Gloomy

^^^ That's a relief
Old 1st June 2019, 03:34

I've felt really anxious recently, I haven't been awake long and have terribly anxious thoughts .
Old 1st June 2019, 17:22

Has anything set it off, Newbs? Have you been doing anything different?

I am feeling a bit poorly. I donít really mind as emotionally I feel rubbish anyway, at least feeling ill I can sit under a blanket watching TV in the day without feeling guilty. Itís a bit of justified wallowing. Just wish I had some kind of sugary dessert for good measure.
Old 1st June 2019, 17:52
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisyphus
Hi Mo,

Was that your 15 minutes of flame?

Well done for sorting it, that kind of thing just freaks me out.
I guess is was

Thanks . Yeah i'm not too great at it tbh but had no choice!
Old 1st June 2019, 17:54
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

I was fine this smorning. But started get anxious about going home. I hope this isn't a new thing....
Old 2nd June 2019, 03:02

Mood
Gloomy

Really shit, I don't think I'm ever going to improve.
Old 2nd June 2019, 16:25
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

^
Old 2nd June 2019, 16:34

^^ know the feeling, Oddity...and it ain't a fun one. Hope you're okay

maybe right at this moment it feels that way, but hopefully it will spur you on to give something new a try to help open up some nice opportunities for you
Old 2nd June 2019, 16:37
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

I'm feeling a bit better than yesterday eve. I txt my house sitting ppl and said i'd come round to pick up the coat I left behind, so walked up there, jez (the dog) went mental when he saw me which was nice. Apparently he kept looking for me for the 1st 2 days after I left, looking out the window etc.., lol. I stayed for a cup of tea and chat. And then M very kindly drove me down to cat sanctuary.

I stayed at sanctuary for a few hours as there open on a Sunday afternoon. Was a bit unsure at first as it was so quiet but got chatting to one of the volunteers, then the public started arriving and I ended up going of to get the pony and donkey round as ppl wanted to see them. I'm slightly gobsmaked at how comfortable I was in front of a (small) crowd of ppl. Stayed afterwards in the conservatory and chatted with the two owners and two ppl i'd never met before. Again totally non sa
Left to catch my bus and my neighbour got on a few stops after me, again I chatted away to him for 10 mins.

For some reason I seem to need more and more company of late. Very odd.
Old 3rd June 2019, 09:38

Mood
Gloomy

Thanks Mo n biscuits

Nothing seems to spur me on any more
Old 3rd June 2019, 14:57

Mood
Lonely

^

Anxious af. My therapist just turned up unexpectedly. Of course I hid in my bedroom and had a mini melt down. (Even though it was obvious I was in, windows open, doors open, tv turned up. Ffs) Best of all i got the days mixed up....again. I don't know what is wrong with me. I can't remember anything lately.
I really hate myself.
Old 3rd June 2019, 17:17

^ Aww please don't hate yourself Dimples, I would hope your Therapist will understand more than anyone why you felt unable to let them in

Suddenly this feeling of hopelessness has hit me like a thunderbolt out of the blue
Old 3rd June 2019, 18:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethel
That basic sense of trust that people have around people for me its missing, its just not there and there's no reason why it should be. But because its not, it creates an invisible barrier keeping me in and them out and I always end up hating myself for it.
Subconsciously there is a reason. People who can trust other have a secure attachment style.
Old 3rd June 2019, 18:15
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

A bit meh. And a bit confused.

Think i'm tired tbf. Went to family centre volunteering the smorning for the 1st time in about 8 weeks! Was fine. Apparently the restructure is on hold as ofsted have given West Sussex children services a rating of inadequate, the only part that came out ok was the area of provision that the family centres come under. All other bits were well crap. So we seem to be carrying on as norm for now.

Went up to my last appointment with pathfinder CPN. We went for tea and cake as a 'goodbye' appointment. I've been fine with her but put me in a busy cafe and a more social context and I went all sa Anyways last week she told me I was being discharged, this week she's telling me that I will be re referred to whoever takes up her post. As she and my recovery worker at MIND think I may need a little longer. Apparently I'm 'complicated'. Lol. I can't keep up tbh, it's you need help, you don't need help, you do, you don't and back to you do. God knows.
Old 3rd June 2019, 18:42
Global Moderator

Mood
Sluggish

Constipated
Old 3rd June 2019, 22:57

Mood
Lonely

^^^^ Thank you It's hard not to hate me ha. Hopefully she will understand, I will send her an email tomorrow explaining I got my days mixed up.

I hope you feel brighter too

Hot. Bored. Depressed. Kinda wish I could just sleep for a few months, I don't want to be here.
Old 3rd June 2019, 23:39

Mood
Gloomy

^ +
Old 4th June 2019, 00:55

@ Mo34 - You've been doing absolutely brilliantly - in-fact I can barely keep up with you, lol, so try not to let the occasional little set back cause you to feel too despondent. Think how far you've come this past year or more and how much you've accomplished!!!

It's sounds like the 'complicated' folk in all of this are the health care professionals who can't seem to make up their minds. Still, it doesn't hurt to keep them on their toes

@ D1662 - Hope you now feeling a little more.. relieved

Worrying about loved ones as always. Shall try to distract myself by watching something on i player as I fear another night of insomnia awaits.
Old 4th June 2019, 12:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutedsoul
Subconsciously there is a reason. People who can trust other have a secure attachment style.
Thanks for commenting I get what you're saying, sadly I'm acutely aware of the reasons why.

----

I keep feeling very anxious bordering on panic. Its not nice.
Old 4th June 2019, 13:31
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Consolida
@ Mo34 - You've been doing absolutely brilliantly - in-fact I can barely keep up with you, lol, so try not to let the occasional little set back cause you to feel too despondent. Think how far you've come this past year or more and how much you've accomplished!!!

It's sounds like the 'complicated' folk in all of this are the health care professionals who can't seem to make up their minds. Still, it doesn't hurt to keep them on their toes

@ D1662 - Hope you now feeling a little more.. relieved

Worrying about loved ones as always. Shall try to distract myself by watching something on i player as I fear another night of insomnia awaits.
Thanks Consolida

Yeah you could be right, though being 'complicated' is better than being dismissed or ignored to be honest.
Old 4th June 2019, 13:39
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

I'm feeling a bit, hmm, meh I guess.
Am doing drug awareness training in Crawley at the min. I bought my lunch on the way here, so they've all gone down to M & S to get stuff. I'm glad as I feel the need to get away from it all. Funny how last time I was quite confident ( for me) whereas today I'm a bit sa, a bit weary and yeah a bit meh.
Old 4th June 2019, 14:31

you seem to do an awful lot of things, and quite a lot of new things, Mo

Maybe you're just a bit tired and need a bit of a recharge?

I think if I did any of the things you talk about I'd need a good long lie down, maybe for a week!
Old 4th June 2019, 16:22
Global Moderator

Mood
Elated

^ Agree completely. You're doing really well, Mo, but a few rest days here and there probably wouldn't go amiss.

Take care of yourself like you do all those animals you look after
Old 4th June 2019, 18:45
Global Moderator

Mood
Sluggish

A bit sad, went down to the beach today there must have been at least a dozen Barrel Jellyfish dead on the sand, I assume they have come too far inshore and got stuck.
Old 4th June 2019, 21:15

^ That is sad D

Feeling pretty low and constantly getting these awful feelings of foreboding...

There's some big changes ahead - my son will be leaving school in a few weeks time and it's something that is filling me with absolute dread. I cried on his first day at school after dropping him off as a very shy 4 year old and I'm certain I will also cry on his last day although the little boy that once needed me is now an independent young man.

Tbh, I wish my son could stay at School for another 5 (no make that 10) years because then I would know that he is relatively safe, happy, and has a good group of friends surrounding him. Although he hasn't expressed any worries about going to College (not that I think he would tell me if he was worried) he obviously won't have his usual friends with him - at least not on the same course - and I worry about whether the new students will be welcoming and friendly. You see, I remember feeling so miserable and isolated when I was at College, but it was the same for me at School too. But we are different people and my son is a million times removed from the timid frightened girl that I was.

I'm also worrying about the prospect of my son finding a part-time job especially as he is being very negative about the outcome of the exams he is currently taking. Of course, his happiness and health is far more important than academic qualifications but I do worry about him working along side....well, the kind of men that wouldn't have looked out of place on the Jeremy Kyle show

Change frightens me, it always has. It's the fear of the unknown I guess. I just so want to scoop my little boy up in my arms and protect him like I used to - accept I can't because he is a strapping 16 year old and absolutely hates me fussing over him.

They say being a teenager is a tumultuous time in a young persons life but I never imagined that I would find this period so scary and would be even less prepared than when the midwife placed my newborn into my arms all those years ago.

Sorry for the rant. I know I sound like a neurotic mother of the worst kind