SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > SAUK Community > Club 30-81
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 6th November 2013, 09:43

Default Crap Stuff

Just when you think you're getting a handle on SA, it smacks you right in the chops!

I lift share with a few people on a 40 min journey to work and shortly after being picked up the old SA started. The worst thing about my SA is I get visible symptoms - sweating. Not a few beads on the brow, oh no, full on aerobics session drenching. So humiliating and nowhere to run and hide. This morning was really bad - so humiliating!

B'AH!
Old 6th November 2013, 10:04

Mood
Cool

Default Re: Crap Stuff

sorry to hear that mate that sucks im lucky i dont get sweaty i get the old heart racing and stammering do the people know about your condition? I dont like telling people but maybe they would understand that its something you cant control and wont judge you for it, Then maybe you would feel more comfortable around them and the SA might become more controllable.
Old 6th November 2013, 10:15

Hi Tommy, thanks for your post. I think you're right, I guess it's just deciding how to word it as they're relative strangers. To be fair, within a 10 mins I had it under control, but by then I was drenched.

It never ceases to amaze me how terrifying SA can be.
Old 8th December 2013, 10:44

did they comment? if they at least asked then it gives you an opening to explain though I think Id say the car was hot.
Old 9th December 2013, 16:52

Ha ha, no they didn't. I bottled it and made some excuse about my asthma inhaler being the culprit.

I've since told 2 of them the truth, but by the time I got to the third. I decided "you know what, who gives a stuff!".

"Move over, sweaty lad coming through!" lol