Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Room with a View
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 10th October 2008, 15:59

Mood
Mellow

Default 1 good, 1 bad

Well I had two interviews today, and both were contrasting.

The first interview I had went extremly badly, well actually it didnt occur at all. I misinterpreted instuctions given to me on the phone and as such ended up going to the wrong place. By the time I had realised my mistake and spoken with the interviewer, I was told that I could no longer be interviewed and that they would only be in touch should they not find any suitable candidate within their current list. As such, I felt extremly low and my anxiety kicked in big time. I could not take my mind off the fact that I screwed up and had now potentially lost a job that I really wanted. As well as this, I began thinking about what my family members and friends would make of this, and could just picture them laughing at me for blundering. At this point I felt physically sick.

Well anyway, a couple of hours later I had another interview with a different company. Although I was still quite down, my first expierience had made me determined not to screw up again, and go out all guns blazing to this one. I made sure I had the correct time and place, and ensured I was early. I also dressed smartly to give off a good impression. When I first arrived I was given tasks to do so that my skills could be assessesd. I tried incredibly hard in this, and I actually found my anxiety not to be too bad as I think the adrenaline from the last expierience was still present. Well anyway, after carrying out the tasks I had my interview. I tried to answer the questions asked to the best of my ability, as well as question those I did not agree/thought were rather bland. At the end of the interview, my interviewer told me that I had been extremly impressive and he was delighted by my performance in carrying out my assigned task. He even said that had he not have to conduct more interviews he would offer me the job on the spot, as I was by far the most outstanding applicant he had seen.

So yeah, at the moment I am happy about the second interview and if I get offered the job will probably accept. The outcome of the second interview has somewhat reduced my anxiety, although I am dwelling on the first one a bit.

I guess I should take this all in my stride and just accept it as a learning curve. Some things go badly and not how we want them to, whilst others go well.
Old 10th October 2008, 16:32
Banned (at own request)

Mood
Innocent

Default Re: 1 good, 1 bad

hey man

don't dwell on the first one that was just unlucky.
think of the second one,sounds like you pulled it off.

hope you get the job
Old 10th October 2008, 17:50

Mood
Sneaky

great going there, come on! praise like that at an interview is EXCELLENT! mega pat on the back mate

as for the first interview, well sometimes things do go wrong. it went wrong for you at a pretty bad time, but just never mind, try to put it out yr head
Old 10th October 2008, 18:59

Sounds like you did great, never mind how your day started, it's ended on a high - that's always a good thing
Old 10th October 2008, 19:34
Administrator

Mood
Tired

Well done, mate. It took real guts to go back and do that second interview. Good luck
Old 11th October 2008, 12:30

Mood
Mellow

Haha, got a phone call this morning from the second company offering me the job.
Old 11th October 2008, 12:40

Hey, that's fantastic

Everything happens for a reason and all that, you weren't meant to have the first one. Fate
Old 11th October 2008, 12:42
Banned (at own request)

Mood
Innocent

well done bud,hope it all goes well for you
Closed Thread