SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Room with a View
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 20th October 2007, 09:13

Default Please visit my blog

Good morning everyone

How are you all? I found this website a few weeks ago now and was so pleased to discover that there are other people who experience and have to deal with similar issues to me. It really has helped me to see SAD from other peoples' perspectives and I have also seen that we all have to deal with different SAD problems. For me, one of the biggest things has been making proper meaningful eye contact that connects you with someone else (as opposed to short glances that are done more out of politeness than out of a true desire to tune into the person that I was talking with. It does make things difficult and like everyone else that has SAD, I have regularly found myself getting nervous about most social situations and in some cases going out of my way to avoid them.

One thing that I have learnt is that weaknesses can also be strengths. We live in a world where the focus is on setting big goals, meeting targets and showing yourself to be the best. This is good because it helps the world to progress, but the problem is that nything else is usually deemed a weakness and the Western world seems afraid of weakness and doesn't know how to deal with it. What I think we should remember is that it is qualities like SAD that make people different; that bring out the creative side of people or that simply enable them to help other people that are suffering from it. As a result of this I have set up my own blog page - only one page at the moment - that I want people to read and contribute to (if you'd like) so that we can all share the positives we feel about SAD. It can be anything at all - a one line philosophy that you have, or an experience that you had that has helped you to understand SAD, or someone that you met face to face who experiences the same thing.

I think that the SAD.org.uk website is absolutely brilliant and it is great that we can all get together and share our thoughts. I am really pleased to be a member and to meet you guys.

If you would like to have a look at my so far underdeveloped but hopefull potential blog, please log on to http://day2day2007.blogspot.com or email me at day2day.2007@yahoo.co.uk

I really hope to hear from you. Thanks for reading.
Closed Thread