SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 10th November 2017, 13:09

Mood
Question

Default Physical signs of anxiousness but not mentally??

Hi,

So yesterday was a very eventful day. In fact it's been one of those weeks.

My business hasn't been doing too well and I'm struggling to keep on top of my bills. I attended my local benefits office on Monday with a view to get on a course to update my CV and to my surprise this was arranged for the following day.

I attended the course on the Tuesday, redid my entire CV from scratch and by pot luck a job through an agency became available. I submitted the CV to the agency and got a call back within the hour for an interview on Thursday morning (yesterday).

I left the house early to get to the interview with time to spare and got a puncture a couple of minutes into the journey. I tried to change the wheel myself with the spare but had problems with the useless locking wheel nut key and got dirt on my shirt. So I drove the car round to the nearest tyre shop and left it with them to fix while I went home. I called the guy that was to do the interview and asked to reschedule which he did and arranged a new time of 12.30pm.

I changed and freshened up and an hour later the tyre shop called informing me the puncture was on the outer part of the tread which had put a hole in the tyre wall...new tyre required...£205 fitted with another £30 for wheel alignment. Gave the go ahead for this with not too much of a care, just threw it onto the credit card. Car was sorted by 12pm and I was enroute to my interview and arrived with 10 minutes to spare.

The interview was held in the staff dining room, during lunch break with 50+ people present but the interview went well, I think. Had to do some maths and english assessments and I answered all correctly. Got a full run down of the job and shown round the warehouse etc and introduced to some other members of staff. I left an hour and a half later with a promise of a call on Monday if not before.

During all this I've been relatively calm in my head and kinda worry free but unable to control the physical signs of anxiety such as the shaking pen when doing the assessments, getting warm and sweating. It's like my body is anxious but my head is calm and care free. I'm able to think clearly and respond with the correct answer or response but can't control the physical side. It's really strange. Has anyone else experienced this?
Old 10th November 2017, 21:07

Mood
Question

Default Re: Physical signs of anxiousness but not mentally??

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregarious_introvert
I get this too: these days, it's rare that I get excessively anxious mentally, but I find myself exhibiting physical symptoms (especially the uncontrollable body temperature) without warning and at times when I don't have any reason to be anxious. It's as if some small thought enters my subconscious and takes over.

I have no idea why this happens, nor can I predict when it's likely to happen. You had a stressful day, MJC, which makes some manifestation of anxiety understandable but it can happen to me when I'm home alone and not even (consciously) thinking about situations I might find difficult. It seems as if I'm able to cope with things much better than in the past but instead of endless overthinking before or after those situations, my body reacts instead of my mind.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk
Yeah, this is exactly what's happening with me. It's like my brain can't control my body or something. Anyway's, glad I'm not the only one haha
Old 11th November 2017, 03:14

Sounds like a productive week. I hate having interviews in public. I have had this, but I'm usually feeling anxious as well. It's odd. It usually is in a performance situation when I'm not that nervous because it's not that big a deal but then I'm shaking like a leaf, my voice is shaking, it's almost like the nervous inner thoughts and feelings leave my head and become physical instead. It's like your body is going, right time to get nervous, off we go. It's really weird.
Old 11th November 2017, 19:03

Mood
Bashful

I've never had it but well done. Beta blockers could help with that.
Old 12th November 2017, 23:55

Mood
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritishPeace
I've never had it but well done. Beta blockers could help with that.
Maybe the Sertraline is helping with the mind thing but not with the physical stuff. Hmm, I'll look into beta-blockers and maybe see if I can get some from the doctor. Thanks.
Old 13th November 2017, 15:28

Mood
Question

Thanks for recommending Beta-Blockers BritishPeace. I spoke with a doctor in regards to it and she has prescribed Propranolol to relieve my symptoms of anxiety.

I got confirmation that I got the job and my mind and body went into anxiety overload so hoping these along with the Sertraline will begin to make a real difference. I obviously want to make a good impression in this new job and not be stressing about sweating profusely and shaking hands etc.

I'd also like to give another good review for Push Doctor (I started a thread on them a while ago). Every doctor I've spoken to there has been extremely helpful and there are no problems with getting repeat prescriptions or other meds. I made the appointment at 3.10pm for 3.20pm, was connected by 3.15pm and its not even half past yet and I've the script ordered and this post typed out. Very good service, highly recommended for everyone especially those who struggle with getting to see their own GP or those who don't or can't leave their home.
Old 18th November 2017, 16:10

Mood
Bashful

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJC
Thanks for recommending Beta-Blockers BritishPeace. I spoke with a doctor in regards to it and she has prescribed Propranolol to relieve my symptoms of anxiety.

I got confirmation that I got the job and my mind and body went into anxiety overload so hoping these along with the Sertraline will begin to make a real difference. I obviously want to make a good impression in this new job and not be stressing about sweating profusely and shaking hands etc.

I'd also like to give another good review for Push Doctor (I started a thread on them a while ago). Every doctor I've spoken to there has been extremely helpful and there are no problems with getting repeat prescriptions or other meds. I made the appointment at 3.10pm for 3.20pm, was connected by 3.15pm and its not even half past yet and I've the script ordered and this post typed out. Very good service, highly recommended for everyone especially those who struggle with getting to see their own GP or those who don't or can't leave their home.
No problem I take propranolol almost every single day and it helps me, at first I was reluctant. But now I would not hesitate to take them each day in fact the physician said they would do me good because I have high blood presssure any way and would benefit me rather than harm me!