SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 29th November 2006, 19:27

Default Xmas jobs - where???

No idea where to place this thread so I'll let the mods move it if the have to

Since xmas jobs pay a lot and I don't have much to do this crimbo I thought I would work, but the question is where???

Can anyone suggest a job that pays a lot and doesnt send my SA into overload - like retail work.

I recieved some thing from the post office about jobs during christmas which I am considering but don't know what working in a Post office is like - also Im 19 so I don't want to be in a room full of wierd mid thirties men if anyone has worked in a PO let me know how it was
Thanks
Old 29th November 2006, 19:44

Default Re: Xmas jobs - where???

retail is not bad i thought it would but its not, im quiet and yeah i might stumble over my words sometimes but i just ask someone else if i get stuck cos im new so it dont matter if i get things wrong sometimes. i spent over a year trying to get job and think no i cant work there cos of this and that an what ever else i could think of and the result of doing that is ending up with no job. i just asked were ever in the end and just got on with it , thats all you can do, you cant be fussy really.

post office is alright pay my bf worked there b4 but he did mouring shifts and started at 6. i wouldnt worry about what the people might be like because if your new they might be abit jokey with you but you either just try to get the job or have no money.
Old 29th November 2006, 20:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by markimark
as a weird mid 30's man i feel insulted by that you scamp!

noo, run away!! only jokin, well if you think u r wierd then u can't be wierd, only wierdos wouldnt think they r wierd...thats a lot of wierds
Old 29th November 2006, 20:44

hi im a cleaner by trade but cant be botherd to do my own place....you could?
Old 1st December 2006, 19:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teenwolf
hi im a cleaner by trade but cant be botherd to do my own place....you could?
hmm, how much would you pay :D
Old 1st December 2006, 20:08

I worked as an xmas temp at Argos last year and it was ok. I did a week in the stockroom, a couple of weeks on the collection counter and the rest of the time on the tills, but it's minimum wage, as are a lot of xmas jobs. Also, most places start recruiting late October/early November, so I'm not sure if many shops are still hiring now when the job will finish Xmas Eve?
Old 1st December 2006, 20:13

alot go on till the january sales but it is late an u prob wouldnt get paid till after xmas now.
Old 2nd December 2006, 17:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orchid
I worked as an xmas temp at Argos last year and it was ok. I did a week in the stockroom, a couple of weeks on the collection counter and the rest of the time on the tills, but it's minimum wage, as are a lot of xmas jobs. Also, most places start recruiting late October/early November, so I'm not sure if many shops are still hiring now when the job will finish Xmas Eve?
oh , i guess i will just sell everything on ebay then to make some money, thanks for all ur replies dudes (and the odd job offer :D )
Closed Thread