SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 2nd December 2006, 10:23

Mood
Sleepy

Default personal hygiene

..my personal hygene has hit an all time low over the past few months. I am just struggling for energy and time. no excuse though. At the moment i just feel like such a dirty scabby discusting person. I only get what i diserve though. I should respect my body more.

A tooth of mine has just broken and i know its becuase i dont look after my teeth well enough and whats is even more silly pathetic and annoying is that part of the reason for this is becuase i was bullied when i was young for brushing my teeth by my brothers. In every aspect of my life i have been bullied. From the way i walk, the way i talk, how i dress, my smell, my hair, my eres, my nose, for not eating my food quick enough and also for eating it too quick, for going red, for sweating, for the way i smile, the faces i pull, for holding a girls hand, for getting angry, for being upset, for toileting myself when i was little..i could go on.

One really bad memory that sticks in my mind is when i was in a park once with my brothers. They started spitting on me when i was on a swing. Not just them but there friends. All of them. Spitting on me and spitting on me continously. the circle me and just spat on me. i spat back..but i was far out numbered and as they did it they all stood around laughing. Laughing laughing laughing...point fingers and spitting.

No wonder i feel so bad.

I still dont know why i always get picked on....anyways i have totally tailed off.

Does anyone else have bad personal hygiene?
Old 2nd December 2006, 10:36

Default Re: personal hygiene

life is a bloody barrel of laughs sometimes isnt it. I used to get picked on at school for all manner of percieved failings but then Id pick on others too so I was just as bad.
As for bad personal hygiene I change my underwear only every other day, Im not sure if that counts!
Old 2nd December 2006, 11:16
nothing_to_say

Ditto to all the above, I can't find the energy to shower every day, what's the point, it's not as if i'm going on a date.
Old 2nd December 2006, 17:05

I'm obsessive about hygiene and can't put on my clothes until I've had a shower. Don't know where that came from.

Also, not brushing teeth leads very quickly to bad breath so it's more difficult to not brush them than the opposite. I can totally understand why the OP has problems with hygiene though and I hope you can one day mange to discard all those nasty things people have ever said to you and live your life the way you want.
Old 2nd December 2006, 22:31

After 10 years of all this in your mind S/A shit keeping clean is one thing ive allways keep a hold of.
Old 2nd December 2006, 23:26

Ive just desided im not gonna have a bath for a week.
Old 2nd December 2006, 23:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cellardweller
Ive just desided im not gonna have a bath for a week.
Weh go for it!

My hygene sucks, but it doesn't bother me to much. One thing a do do is look after my teeth.

Just washed my sheets after a couple of months
Old 3rd December 2006, 00:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul
Weh go for it!

My hygene sucks, but it doesn't bother me to much. One thing a do do is look after my teeth.

Just washed my sheets after a couple of months
I reckon im gonna go and live in a tent for a month in the middle of an highland on some M1 by-pass with just a tooth brush some tooth paste and my cash card for my fortnightly benifits. Hopefully there will be a chippy near by to have my dairly income of potatoes and curry sauce and if i happen to run out of money then theres the cheese from the you no what? has to which i will go out and then commit robbery and get caught by the police and do a 10 year sentence and not have to worry about anything ever again?

Then again i might be locked up with some big, gay, black guy called Aboooo who want it so nows the time to worry?

Its a life AAAAAAAAAAAA

Old 3rd December 2006, 02:03

Mood
Lucky

My hygiene is all over the shop. I get a bath every day, apart from Sundays if I'm not going out, and wear clean clothes most of the time (when I'm out) but I can't be arsed with dusting so my room is like a crypt. My TV is wearing some kind of dust-toupee, it's so dense.

I'd definitely recommend you take care of your teeth, Freespirit. As markimark said, depression can make you not give a shit about dental hygiene but decent teeth go a long way to helping one's own confidence. My teeth are shit - some crowned or filled, many stained through years of fag/wine/coffee abuse, some missing through neglect and an intense desire for sour boiled sweets. I've cleaned them regularly for the past 6 years or so though wish I'd given a shit about them in the past, but luckily my crowned 'fronties' are OK, so I can smile if need be. Smiling is probably one of the greatest social tools, and bad teeth can make you ashamed to do such a thing.

Get that cracked tooth sorted - Now! And f*ck everything else, 'cos it's important for your future (which might seem bleak now, but might not a few years down the line.)
Old 3rd December 2006, 12:03

Mood
Sneaky

@ cellar dweller -
Old 3rd December 2006, 18:44

Woah, even if I didn't have to see another person for the rest of my life I would still be having showers every day (well every couple of hours, sometimes). I just feel like sh*te if I'm not clean. Can't imagine for a minute even if I was on my death-bed not being able to wash. I'd probably crawl to the shower even if I was half dead and just lie there; nothing worse than feeling I am dirty or stink. ugggh. And the teeth thing too, there's nothing worse than that sensation of a film of dirt all over them, I couldn't go without brushing.
If you find it a real prob to wash when you're depressed could you somehow maybe try and make the whole bathing/showering experience more pleasurable? for example I don't see showering as a chore, but actually something enjoyable and relaxing. Could you have some nice fragranced relaxing bubble baths then it's not going to seem such a pain in the butt? You could clean your teeth in there are the same time with some nice music going in the background
Closed Thread