SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 31st May 2006, 20:43

Default The demon drink!!

I no alot of S/Aers drink alcohol to deal a bit with this S/A nightmere but whats are u like when you are drunk and whats the most stupid thing you have done?

I woke up one morning in an empty garage full of boxs and general dirty rubbish 15 mile away from where i live? I also have blackouts and can never remember anything about the day before. Not good

I,m also a twat!! but that is after 15 pints....
Old 31st May 2006, 20:45
Banned (by own request)

Default Re: The demon drink!!

One time, I stopped up till past midnight.

Don't know what got into me.
Old 31st May 2006, 20:48

Mood
Sneaky

didn't freddy krueger get you?
Old 31st May 2006, 21:05

Mood
Sleepy

once i was hammered off 6 cans of lager and a bottle of vodka by 3 in the afternoon and fell out of my mates parked car onto his lawn and was sprawled out there with his brother laughing at me from inside (obiously this is what ive been told, i cant remember a thing), and later that very same day i did some ecstacy and i can remember coming round slightly sat in a pub surrounded by people looking at me and luaghing and basically saying wtf has he been on. so i then went to sleep in mates car, and i got in fine but then went to get out again, why i dunno,but couldnt open door for some reason and so i climbed out of his window, this was still in daylight. anyways so i end up the at an illegal rave passed out behind a huge speaker playing some hard house...and then a bit later i was asleep outside a mates car telling the police to f-off and leave me alone..lol they were only tryin to help me. that was a mad night.
Old 31st May 2006, 21:10

Mood
Sleepy

oooh and another one..i remember once i went down cardiff and got lost...uckily i found my way back to this lads house but he wasnt in and there was no answer...so i saw this window open and decided i could get in from there. i didnt realise before hand that these windows only open a certain amount to stop thiefs...but i was conviced id make it...i ended up stuck half way through the window...i luckily did manage to squeez back out the way id came.
Old 31st May 2006, 21:23

Mood
Fine

Whayyy to much to mention, something that sticks in head, is jumping virtually on car bonnets on the one-way system in Cheltenham saying 'Excuse me, don't ya know? ur going the wrong way!!!
and most people actually turned around u' turn and headed up the 'one-way' the wrong way. I am ashamed of that now but 4 yrs ago we were all doing so many pills, most nites, everyone appreciated it at the time. but we were all arseholes looking back.
What a tremendous twat I was back then, but also the people I was hanging around with, what a coincidence I dont hang with any of those tits anymore. How embarrassing.
Old 31st May 2006, 21:27

Mood
Sneaky

i've got the feeling that this thred is going to be veeeery interesting!
Old 31st May 2006, 23:20

Mood
Worried

I don't do a lot of crazy things when I'm drunk. I just giggle tons lol.

Once when I was drunk apparently i said i wanted to 'hoover a goat' .. Weird.. I don't even know any dusty goats =-s
Old 31st May 2006, 23:33

Mood
Crappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyDoll

Once when I was drunk apparently i said i wanted to 'hoover a goat' .. Weird.. I don't even know any dusty goats =-s
LOL!
The most stupid things in the past have usually revolved around being too promiscuous, I turn into some kind of rampant sex fiend when hammered. Got locked up in cells a time or 2 also. I've wee'd in places I shouldn't, woke up in strange houses at 6am, the list of twattiness could go on and on. I like to think i've calmed down now that I am not drinking with seroxat.
Old 31st May 2006, 23:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRIS
LOL!
I like to think i've calmed down now that I am not drinking with seroxat.
Thats exactly what I am doing :O. Oh dear.....
Old 31st May 2006, 23:45

Mood
Crappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaztromo
Thats exactly what I am doing :O. Oh dear.....
I am just as bad now i'm not on seroxat, I'm just kidding myself.
Old 1st June 2006, 12:14

Quote:
I am just as bad now i'm not on seroxat, I'm just kidding myself.
God those seroxat made me wanna drink more.What a looney i was when i was on those and drinking? Mr spoon thay now call me!!
Watch what you are doing there IRIS.
Old 1st June 2006, 12:37

Mood
Sleepy

I honestly don't know how I survived beyond 19 years. At that age I'd be out every Friday night, all day saturday and all day Sunday. I'd get black-out every single time I went out. Living in a small village didn't help as everyonme knew what I'd done.

I do remember a couple of occasions when I was about 25 being so hammered on a Saturday drinking into the small hours. Thengoing to the pub on Sunday first thing. The pubs in Scotland at that time shut at 2:30pm until 6pm on a Sunday so I went home and fell asleep on the settee. I woke up around 8pm but I thought it was 8am on the Monday morning so I got dressed for work. "It will be alright on the night" was on TV. I thought
This is strange - isn't this usually shown on a Sunday night.
I started cycling to work. It was dark.
This is odd I thought to myself why is it dark at 8am.
On my way to work I saw people streaming in and out of a pub. It was World Cup time then as well.
Strange I thought why is the pub open at 8am on a Monday morning
The of course it hit me. It was Sunday. So I cycled home.......and went back down the pub and got drunk again.
Old 1st June 2006, 20:05

The danerous thing for me and i think most people with S/A problems is that when drink or drugs take away the fear, etc, etc, our behavior maybe get a little bit more outrageous then your normall joe bloggs.

What i mean is that when we get relief from the fear because of the drink and drugs we tend to go over board with our behavior because we don,t get the chance to do it when we are sober.

Wow my anxiety has gone!! lets have a mad one? then its 10 times more then a normall person would do.

I have odd days where i,m S/A free and boy i just wanna out there and do crazy stuff has such. Making up for lost time i guess!! cofidence spirralling out of control, loud and abnoxious ,etc, etc.

Anybody catching my drift here?
Old 1st June 2006, 22:57

Mood
Crappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cellardweller
God those seroxat made me wanna drink more.What a looney i was when i was on those and drinking? Mr spoon thay now call me!!
Watch what you are doing there IRIS.
It is weird - now that I am not on seroxat I don't feel the need to drink as much - I couldn't even post here , go on msn , answer the door to a friend.. anything, without being tipsy. The urge to get pissed every night has dwindled now I'm not on the anti D's, i don't know if it is just a coincidence. And my urge to binge eat is diminishing too ;-/
Old 1st June 2006, 22:59

Mood
Crappy

Quote:
The danerous thing for me and i think most people with S/A problems is that when drink or drugs take away the fear, etc, etc, our behavior maybe get a little bit more outrageous then your normall joe bloggs.

What i mean is that when we get relief from the fear because of the drink and drugs we tend to go over board with our behavior because we don,t get the chance to do it when we are sober.

Wow my anxiety has gone!! lets have a mad one? then its 10 times more then a normall person would do.

I have odd days where i,m S/A free and boy i just wanna out there and do crazy stuff has such. Making up for lost time i guess!! cofidence spirralling out of control, loud and abnoxious ,etc, etc.

Anybody catching my drift here?
that is correct - I used to go way over the top loud and opinionated and crazy and chatty when drunk to make up for the pent up sober me- but now even alcohol will not take away the SA! No matter how much I force down.
Old 1st June 2006, 23:17

Quote:
that is correct - I used to go way over the top loud and opinionated and crazy and chatty when drunk to make up for the pent up sober me- but now even alcohol will not take away the SA! No matter how much I force down.
Alcohol is an emermie for S/Aers but we all still use the drug? I no i will never be able to stop drinking it just because its very much the culture in this country, pubs, clubs, nice sunny days on the garden etc, etc.

Every one use it in some degree to feel comfortable and social so i guess we have to learn to control it and not let it control us.

Moderation i guess and lots of water the day after.
Old 3rd December 2006, 03:20

i've had a few odd ones, woken up in my OWN house and thought 'where the hell am i?'
fell over in a feild, with a glass of rum in my hand and didn't spill a drop!
pressed the button to cross the road after leaving the pub to call a cab, didn't bother waiting and very nearly got run over
took myself to see a psycatrist(can't spell!)
and therer are many many many more that i could share but probly shouldn't:D
Old 3rd December 2006, 03:47

^^^^^ I love getting drunk but its just not got for Anxiety is it?
Old 3rd December 2006, 03:49

nope sure isn't just makes it thousand times worse the following day.
such is as such does i spose
Old 3rd December 2006, 04:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate
nope sure isn't just makes it thousand times worse the following day.
such is as such does i spose
Im gonna pay for it Monday at work when i have to be around people feeling like a total freak? Im sure thay can see it? but im sure thay can,t? O-welllllllllllllllllll The price you pay for havin a good time A!

Im off to bed so take care every one. Have a few more for me Kate.

Old 3rd December 2006, 04:16

Quote:
Im gonna pay for it Monday at work when i have to be around people feeling like a total freak? Im sure thay can see it? but im sure thay can,t? O-welllllllllllllllllll The price you pay for havin a good time A!

Im off to bed so take care every one. Have a few more for me Kate.

consider it done
Closed Thread