SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Other Issues and Conditions
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 28th March 2017, 18:56
Banned at own request

Mood
Doubtful

Default Living as a tg adult with autism

She is an advocate for autism and is a transgender acceptance and safety on her website Proud Autistic Living, she also happens to identify with both.

Autism Awareness Week takes place from 27 March until 2 April in 2017. To help raise awareness for the condition and what it’s like for people who suffer from it, we chatted with Rochelle to find out more about what her life has been like.
What’s has it really been like growing up with autism?

I was diagnosed officially in 2013, though I had begun to suspect I was autistic earlier than this, around 2009 I think.

I had two Autistic daughters and went through that period of wondering about my own actions and thoughts through the filter. Much of what they did made perfect sense to me but was out of kilter with what the ‘norm’ is supposed to be.

My life has been impacted by autism in almost every way. It is the way I am wired, and so the way I think, feel, act, respond, write, everything is done through an autistic filter.

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2017/03/28/world-...ixzz4cduPj2mL1

As someone who has Aspergic traits/may be on the spectrum and in the past was diagnosed with schizophrenia with disorder of gender identity the whole autism/schizophrenia/gender dysphoria thing is of interest.

I do wonder given how my transsexual desires have softened over the years whether it was (a)a delusional obsession that lessened as I became less acutely ill (b) an autistic 'interest' that has faded over time (c) a psychologically self protective mechanism and realistic appraisal that given my difficulties transition was something that was extremely unlikely to be given the go ahead.