SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Other Issues and Conditions
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 14th January 2016, 04:53
Banned at own request

Mood
Doubtful

Default New buildings

Not sure if this counts as a phobia or not but I get really anxious about going into large new(as in never been in before) buildings. Always fear I'll get lost and trapped.
My PIP assessment will be in one of these buildings. I know where the building is it's situated within my comfort zone but I am worrying myself silly over where the entrance is. I have to go to reception area where someone will show me to PIP assessment centre.
I don't want to be late and have my appointment cancelled and lose PIP for certain because I can't find the entrance to the building. Have been frantically googling images without success.
Old 14th January 2016, 08:45

Mood
Balanced

Default Re: New buildings

Do a trial run. Obviously it can't take you into the actual room if there is security but you can build a bit of confidence by just having been to the building before.
Old 14th January 2016, 11:29
Banned at own request

Mood
Doubtful

Panic over. PIP consultation centre is clearly marked and can be entered from outside.
Old 14th January 2016, 14:19
Banned at own request

Mood
Doubtful

My mind won't let me stop worrying for long. The blurb with my appointment letter says to go to the reception area and someone will take me to the assessment centre so I am not sure whether I use the outside door marked PIP consulting or whether reception is somewhere else entirely. I do know there is a panel outside with numbers maybe someone has to key in a code to let me enter.
There are times that I need things very clearly spelt out with no room for ambiguity.
Old 14th January 2016, 17:17

If you have time, you can always scope out the place and find reception beforehand - either by sticking your head through the PIP door and checking it out, or just wandering about and looking. If that's not an option, simply go into the PIP assessment centre assessment centre on the day, tell them you couldn't find reception, and someone there will probably take you there. Get them to do some work
Old 14th January 2016, 20:07
Banned at own request

Mood
Doubtful

I am not even sure I can get in through the door I mentioned because there is a keypad system. I tried emailing PIP but all I got was some unhelpful reply telling me to go to the main entrance and there I'll be directed where to go. The problem being that the PIP part is part of a larger building and I wanted to know whether that outside door was the main entrance or whether I have to go somewhere else within that larger building.
It seems I will lose PIP without an assessment because I couldn't get to my appointment on time because things weren't explained clearly and precisely.
Old 14th January 2016, 20:58

Mood
Cynical

I would say, leave plenty of time when you get there before the assessment so you know you won't be late.
Go into the main building reception and say that you have an appointment for a PIP assessment, the person there will either be able to take you over to the PIP centre and let you in, or just tell you to go there if you can get in by yourself (and you already know where that is anyway)
Old 15th January 2016, 13:25
Banned at own request

Mood
Doubtful

Went and had another look. It definitely says press grey button and enter. The grey button was easy to notice whereas it wasn't yesterday. In fact it all looked very different yesterday. I think my mind was playing tricks on me.
Old 15th January 2016, 13:31
Banned at own request

Mood
Doubtful

Went and had another look. It definitely says press grey button and enter. The grey button was easy to notice whereas it wasn't yesterday. In fact it all looked very different yesterday. I think my mind was playing tricks on me.