Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 14th March 2018, 22:28

Mood
Sneaky

Default creepiest alien abduction scenes in films

was super hyped recently to find what i think is the best alien abduction scene in a film/program, in a film called "fire in the sky", from the 90s. the rest of the film aint that great but the abduction scenes, without saying too much spoiler wise, were pretty horrible

i love this kind of stuff, the ufo abduction tropes, greys, reptilians, i love to watch stuff about it, even acknowledging that its somewhat unlikely to have any element of reality to it.

just wanted to see what the creepiest alien abduction scene you guys have...seen, is. or if you have been abducted but are still able to post here, let us know and we'll come get you!
Old 14th March 2018, 22:39

Default Re: creepiest alien abduction scenes in films

Is that the one with the bit with the eye?

One that always stuck with me was a film called The McPherson Tape (might have had an alternative title or something) Haven't seen it in over 15 years, but there's a scene in a dark bedroom that properly gave Young Merritt the weeblies.

Straying a bit here, but there's also Mysterious Skin. You'll get through the film wishing you actually had seen a scary abduction scene.
Old 14th March 2018, 22:47

Mood
Sneaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merritt
Is that the one with the bit with the eye?
yeah there certainly is a bit with an eye, maybe a couple of bits with eyes

Quote:
One that always stuck with me was a film called The McPherson Tape (might have had an alternative title or something) Haven't seen it in over 15 years, but there's a scene in a dark bedroom that properly gave Young Merritt the weeblies.

excellent, i looked it up. 

Quote:
Straying a bit here, but there's also Mysterious Skin. You'll get through the film wishing you actually had seen a scary abduction scene.

read about that, think i'll duck that one
Old 16th March 2018, 12:30

Mood
Tired

saw a film called "life", which isn't yer usual alien abduction as it happens in space,
but it was kinda' creepy, jake gyllenahll is in it I think.
it's a pretty good sci-fi film generally.

I always quite liked a film with Christopher Walken who slowly realises he's been abducted, think it's called Communion.
it's a bit slow and subtle, and not really horrific or gory or anything,
I just really liked the atmosphere in it early on,
but probably shouldn't recommend it as there is a scene where he's dancing with greys,...lol
Old 20th March 2018, 19:02

Mood
Shoveit

I remember watching 'fire in the Sky ' as a kid with my dad, scared the living shit outta young miggs I can tell ya.

I remember reading a book about Travis Waltons account and how he passed a lie detector but failed on another occasion. He could've been hiding out for a few days but all the burns etc. Are somewhat harder to explain.

Not sure I've ever really been scared by any other alien abductions scenes.
Old 21st March 2018, 16:33

Mood
Sneaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miggs The Terrible
I remember watching 'fire in the Sky ' as a kid with my dad, scared the living shit outta young miggs I can tell ya.

I remember reading a book about Travis Waltons account and how he passed a lie detector but failed on another occasion. He could've been hiding out for a few days but all the burns etc. Are somewhat harder to explain.

Not sure I've ever really been scared by any other alien abductions scenes.
Seeing it as a kid mustve been some bullshit man, i definitely got messed up by some stuff i saw, glad i never had to see that one
Old 21st March 2018, 16:34

Mood
Sneaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasco Da Gama
saw a film called "life", which isn't yer usual alien abduction as it happens in space,
but it was kinda' creepy, jake gyllenahll is in it I think.
it's a pretty good sci-fi film generally.

I always quite liked a film with Christopher Walken who slowly realises he's been abducted, think it's called Communion.
it's a bit slow and subtle, and not really horrific or gory or anything,
I just really liked the atmosphere in it early on,
but probably shouldn't recommend it as there is a scene where he's dancing with greys,...lol

Lol ill probably watch it for the "dancing in the stars"
Old 22nd March 2018, 02:24

Mood
Sneaky

eh

ive been watching so much shit about aliens that im starting to develop a real fear of going to sleep thinking about aliens, having a sleep paralysis episode during the night where i imagine i am being abducted, and feeling very upset about this for some time afterwards

apparently people often feel like a demonic presence during sleep paralysis

what dyou all think, plausible? like i dont believe in abductions but i believe in being emotionally scarred by sleep paralysis fuelled by too many abduction movies, huh?

lol i need to watch something more lighthearted tonight like maybe watership down
Old 23rd March 2018, 00:58

I had a VHS tape back in the day that we got by collecting tokens in a shit newspaper that was one of those psuedoscience documentaries that had a dramatic reconstruction spliced with interviews about an american farming family (because of course they were) who claim that they spent a night under siege by aliens. It was like Signs but 5 years before the film came out (also what***8217;s the consensus on Sign? A lot of people point to it as where M Night Shyamalan turned bad but I still quite like it. There***8217;s some unnecessarily goofy bits a the script is evidence that he doesn***8217;t know how humans speak but he still nails the creeping slow burn horror thing.
Old 23rd March 2018, 22:49

Mood
Tired

^

Welcome back Pablo,

I've had recurring dreams for years of alien visitation,
It seems to be what my mind often reverts back to,
No abductions though,
It always begins with me watching the skies, marvelling at the stars, in awe.
Then, some stars look suspiciously colourful and symmetrical constellations draw my attention, they're like, TOO symmetrical,
Next thing is they start slowly moving, unfolding in patterns,
Then of course the good 'ol u s of a starts trying to bomb the shit out of them,
Old 23rd March 2018, 23:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo Huntsbach
I had a VHS tape back in the day that we got by collecting tokens in a shit newspaper that was one of those psuedoscience documentaries that had a dramatic reconstruction spliced with interviews about an american farming family (because of course they were) who claim that they spent a night under siege by aliens. It was like Signs but 5 years before the film came out (also what’s the consensus on Sign? A lot of people point to it as where M Night Shyamalan turned bad but I still quite like it. There’s some unnecessarily goofy bits a the script is evidence that he doesn’t know how humans speak but he still nails the creeping slow burn horror thing.
I think that might have been the thing I saw. Sort of like a found-footage thing? I remember a lad taking his video camera upstairs to change his clothes or something, and... urgh. It'd probably be hilariously naff if I watched it now.

The Fourth Kind, I think it's called, is a fairly recent one like this I remember being alright. Wait, it came out nearly ten years ago?! It doesn't seem long since I saw it at the pictures. Google shouldn't be called Google, it should be called... You Are Old and You Should Feel Bad.