SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 18th January 2020, 20:01
Banned at own request

Default Re: Type what you're thinking about right now (11)

Meghan and Harry going inside a molecule chamber like in Superman II to have their royal powers removed.
Old 18th January 2020, 20:47

Quantum physics
Old 18th January 2020, 20:55

Could it be me.
Old 21st January 2020, 00:27

Being asleep is infinitely preferable to being awake these days
Old 21st January 2020, 02:26

^ I hear ya. Although now I can hardly sleep,I think it's because I get scared of having to wake back up and start yet another day of it. I hope you're asleep by now
Old 21st January 2020, 02:34

^ & ^^
Old 21st January 2020, 02:38

Ty Bluebear ^
Old 21st January 2020, 10:22

Thank you Girlinterrupted and Bluebear x

I'm so sorry you are having such a tough time of it girlinterrupted. I wish you weren't having to suffer like this

I'm struggling big time. I feel so physically ill that it's even surpassed my mental health crap. I don't know how much longer I can carry on like this. A life largely confined to the home and bed is not a life worth living.
Old 21st January 2020, 15:38

Mood
Cynical

^ It's not right that you're still feeling so bad, are you still following up with the doctor? Are they doing any more investigations?
Old 21st January 2020, 19:15

^ I'm getting so desperate I will think about making another appointment to see a GP but it always feels like I'm wasting my time. I stopped the medication I was last given because it made me feel even worse. Apparently brain fog, intense itching all over 24/7, and extreme fatigue are common symptoms for middle aged females but nobody ever told me it could be this incapacitating. I'm worried that I might have the start of early onset dementia because I could barely string a sentence together when the supermarket guy at the check out tried to converse with me. I kept forgetting simple words in mid sentence

Thanks for your helpful feedback here and via PM, Dougella, it's always greatly appreciated (as is anyone else who has messaged me) but I'm struggling so much to communicate with people at the moment but then feel so bad for not replying. I really don't know what's up with me anymore

Please don't quote
Old 21st January 2020, 19:24

Mood
Cynical

^ You're not wasting your time, your health and wellbeing is important! I have heard that it can be bad, but I have to say you sound like you're suffering a lot more than I'd even heard of and I'd not heard of the intense itching as being a symptom.

It's no problem, I know you must not be feeling much like communicating right now. It's nice to see you around here though
Old 21st January 2020, 19:46

Yesterday I heard three words I've really really wanted to hear for a while (no guesses what). But now it's just thrown into stark relief where we go - or more accurately where we don't go - from here. I'm not sure what to do now. I'm wondering whether things would have been better left unsaid, because now hopes that can only be disappointed are beginning to form.

...unless I'm being very rigid in my thinking. I can't decide...
Old 21st January 2020, 20:04

^ It's okay if those three words having meaning for both of you.

Time to see if he can show you how he feels and you can both move forward
Old 21st January 2020, 20:05

It's been a long week and it's only Tuesday
Old 21st January 2020, 20:14

Mood
Alienated

^ My watch agrees!

The battery usually lasts till friday afternoon, its been sulking all day it needs charging and I've done nothing different, I hope its not knackered
Old 22nd January 2020, 02:19

@ Thanks Dougella x
Yep, since joining an online group I've found out that the itching, etc, are all incredibly common symptoms. It's sad to think that there are so many people suffering in silence with all sorts of physical and mental health issues thinking they are completely alone in their suffering when in reality there are millions of folk going through exactly the same thing.
Old 22nd January 2020, 11:34

Mood
Cynical

^ Yes, it's terrible. Atleast now I know to be prepared when the time comes
Old 22nd January 2020, 13:46

^ Some people sail through it apparently, so you never know, you might be one of the lucky ones
Old 22nd January 2020, 14:39

Mood
Cynical

^ Hmm, I'm going to prepare for the worst case scenario I think!
Old 22nd January 2020, 18:42
Banned

piss. I just left a baguette in Morrisons.
Old 22nd January 2020, 20:08
Global Moderator

Mood
Scared

I need to stop getting into arguments with people on Facebook.
Old 22nd January 2020, 22:54

berries
Old 23rd January 2020, 03:02

^ Berries sound good Blue bear and now I'm thinking of Blue berries

Quote:
Originally Posted by D1662
I need to stop getting into arguments with people on Facebook.
You and me both

I've been dwelling a lot on an advert that appeared on my Facebook recently...

A local pet shop was advertising kittens.

Personally, I don't believe that a shop is a healthy environment for kittens. If you buy a can of beans on a whim no harm done, but kittens? The rescue centres are full of unwanted cats that people grew tired of. The advert upset me and perhaps unwisely I left ONE relatively polite comment saying that if kittens hadn't yet been banned from being sold in pet shops (like puppies now have) then they certainly should be. Just one other person (a lot more outspoken than me but who I completely agreed with) commented that it was disgraceful to breed and sell kittens when there are rescue centres up and down the country full of abandoned cats and kittens desperately needing a home.

No surprise, the shop owner took great umbrage and quoted the riot act about being fully licensed to sell kittens. She added that the welfare of the animals was of paramount importance to her and that her little shop of kittens brought joy to the whole community. Consequently, LOADS of people (one or two that have been past acquaintances of mine because the shop is local) reacted by sending supportive messages to the owner saying how much their children, some with special needs, love visiting the shop to pet the kittens and how the owner should ignore 'nasty keyboard warriors' who want to spoil things for everyone else.
Other people commented that they had been rejected by rescue centres as potential adoptees because they lived on busy roads and how the pet shop meant that they could finally have a cat.

All of this made me question whether I was an utterly horrible person and I got very close to writing a grovelling apology to the shop owner ACCEPT in my heart of hearts I still believe it's wrong to be breeding and selling kittens from a shop. In my childhood this sort of thing was common but I'd hoped we had moved on from treating animals as money making commodities. I feel strongly that someone has to speak up for the animals but on the other hand as my one comment wasn't anonymous I've been fretting about coming across as a horrid person to certain acquaintances for expressing an opinion that was clearly different to the majority who enjoy visiting the pet shop.

Incidentally, the shop also sells albino hedgehogs which I've read on the internet can be very difficult pets to look after. Although they are expensive they are often bought on a whim (like the pedigree kittens) and then casually abandoned at a later date when they become too much of a handful. Animals deserve better surely.

I really don't think it's good for me to be as opinionated as I am when I have such a thin sensitive skin
Old 23rd January 2020, 06:09

^ One of the many reasons everyone should delete their Facebook accounts.
Old 23rd January 2020, 07:42

^ Absolutely.

I completely agree with you Consolida on your opinion regarding the selling of kittens and other animals. Unfortunately, regardless of your opinion, if you express it on social media, there will always be a whole host of people with the opposite opinion who are not shy about expressing it either.
Old 23rd January 2020, 08:37

^ I think some of the people on social media have made me feel even less inclined to interact with others. It's certainly not the healthiest place for sensitive SA folk to hang out, although I have yet to discover where is
Old 23rd January 2020, 14:45

Mood
Cynical

^ I totally agree with you too, unless the shop owner is doing home visits before the customers are allowed to take a kitten home who knows what kind of conditions they could end up in, or they'll just end up back in rescue centres because the people realise they can't care for them. (I also agree about the hedgehogs) If local children want to see kittens or animals their parents should take them to a rescue centre or a farm park. I seriously think pet shops shouldn't sell pets at all anymore of any kind. Like you say, animals are not objects.

My view is also that if you're polite and not aggressive or hurtful at all it's fine to express your opinion. People can disagree with you if they want to, that's their right too, but it doesn't mean you were wrong or that you shouldn't hold your view either! (I've had to grow a thicker skin over time to be able to comment on things on Facebook )
Old 24th January 2020, 01:38

^/^^ I'm so glad that I'm not alone in thinking that it is wrong to be selling kittens and hedgehogs in a shop x

I've been looking at their Facebook site again and can see that there is a section that asks if you would recommend the shop, yes or no, and to leave a review. Totally pointless of course because the owner removes any comment that isn't waxing lyrical about her wonderful little pet shop of kittens and hedgehogs (a hedgehog costs about £160 apparently)

Nanuq, I was surprised that it was still okay to sell kittens too. I know larger stores still sell rabbits, rats, gerbils and the like, but I hadn't seen kittens in pet shops for years and had thought and hoped it was a thing of the past. I mean a cat can be a 15 - 20 year commitment so not a pet to buy on a whim.

I read that about April time a law will be passed that bans kittens from being sold in pet shops UNLESS the owner has bred the kittens themselves. Therefore as this woman is the breeder she can continue to carry on churning out kittens to her hearts content.

I'll shut up about it now as the whole thing makes me feel a bit sad
Old 24th January 2020, 19:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanuq

Where do you live? 1975???
Hey! I was born in that year!
Old 24th January 2020, 21:16

My life isn’t so bad these days so I don’t like to get too negative but for all the progress I’ve made in some areas I’ve been stuck in barely more than minimum wage jobs for my entire adult life and don’t really know if there’s a way forward for me. I’ve dealt with people who I felt I was on a level with in terms common sense and work ethic (and a fair few lazy people with no common sense) who had somehow managed to get and pass an interview to get ahead while I’m lucky to get a ‘thanks but no thanks’ email for any job I apply for.

In the past it was all about pride. I wanted to have a respectable answer to give whenever anyone asks ‘What do you do?’ but I’ve let go of that nonsense, these days it’s all about money (and the back injury I’m likely to give myself if I’m still doing manual labour 10 years from now).