SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 7th February 2020, 18:17

Default Re: How is everyone feeling? (31)

Proud of myself for successfully resisting a kebab from the kebab shop on my road that was in Gavin and Stacey. 4 months here and I've only had one despite walking past it most days.
Old 7th February 2020, 18:51
Banned at own request

Mood
Goofy

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirgirl
I know this was aimed at Biscuits but thank you for this. I've just watched her autism in girls video, and I identify with nearly everything in it. Some of it is painfully spot on. As an adult my executive functioning deficiencies are my biggest problem, and they can appear under more than one disorder. I don't love the approach of choosing the most likely disorder and then trying to fit my symptoms under it, but I don't know how else to go about it.
Ah, no worries. Glad it was of help to you.
Yes, there is alot of overlapping symptoms, and to make it slightly more complicated many of us have more than one disorder whilst being on the spectrum.

I don't think there is any other way to go about it either. Its just a matter of narrowing them symptoms down to a point where they are identifiable to you, isn't it? This, along with a diagnostic, and speaking to a professional (hopefully a good one) should be a pretty solid basis for getting the correct diagnosis you would think.
Old 7th February 2020, 18:57
Banned at own request

Mood
Goofy

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuits
^ agreed, her videos are really interesting to watch. She has a nice, informative approach to delivering the information.

Hello . Aw thank you for taking the time to share this with me, Deer. That was very kind of you. In my post I was deliberately being vague about my suspicions but obviously not vague enough hahah. And also now I'm paranoid that I come across as ASD but I really don't mean that in a mean way about ASD. You know sometimes you just hope things are all in your head?

Also there's really no need to worry about not having the energy to reply to my post. I hadn't even thought anything of it, was just contributing my woes haha.
Okey dokey no, I just thought that the video I recommend might have been food for thought for you on the matter of whether to seek out a diagnosis or not
Old 7th February 2020, 20:19

Fairly happy now that i've found a local route to walk that takes around 45mins and mostly avoids traffic.
Old 7th February 2020, 22:27

^ My gf got asked for booze ID a few months back and she's in her mid 40s!

Old 9th February 2020, 08:54

I'm about 74% hangover. And i've got a blocked ear
Old 9th February 2020, 08:56
Banned at own request

Mood
Goofy

^sounds like an interesting night
Old 9th February 2020, 09:04

Ha, define interesting!

It wasn't remotely interesting I tend to get blockages after a binge.
Old 9th February 2020, 16:42

Mood
Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deer
At the moment oddity, pretty frustrated by it lol I feel tired all the time. Falling asleep quite often through out the day. Apart from that though I'm not sure if they have helped my moods. Sometimes I think they have, and other times I don't feel like they have made any difference.

How are you getting on with yours? You having mad dreams too? I quite enjoy that part of taking the sertraline lol
I've not noticed any difference yet I have been waking up a lot more during the night though.
Old 9th February 2020, 23:00

Mood
Tired

^High fibre foods I guess
Old 9th February 2020, 23:37

Mood
Cynical

^^ You could try laying down and massaging your stomach in a clockwise direction, that can be helpful.
Old 9th February 2020, 23:38

... Don't forget to pat your head.
Old 10th February 2020, 01:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuits
Really uncomfortable because my trapped wind won't untrap. I'm gonna have to google foods I can eat to deflate. This always happens to me if I don't eat bread for a while and then eat bread products again. It really hurts and is making me feel quite sick.
Like, I don't mean to be gross but with me having the reverse issue generally I think we should seriously consider fecal transplants with each other's, er...

How do you feel about sending shit in the post?
Old 10th February 2020, 10:48

Mood
Cynical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Spud
... Don't forget to pat your head.
I don't think that will have any positive effect on someone's tummy, but it might help with coordination, or just cheer them up
Old 10th February 2020, 11:47

Hope you have a great big fart soon, Biscuits.
Old 10th February 2020, 17:26

^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougella
I don't think that will have any positive effect on someone's tummy, but it might help with coordination, or just cheer them up
Well, no harm can come of it, and i'm sure we all liked to picture her doing it
Old 10th February 2020, 21:51

Mood
Tired

^Youre gonna rival storm Ciara when it happens
Old 11th February 2020, 09:19

Getting up, both mentally and physically, in the morning is becoming a bit of an issue for me. I've tried a few things, believing it to be this or that, but ultimately i think i'm getting a bit down with it all... not that it's come as a surprise, my life is an absolute mess and getting progressively worse.
Old 11th February 2020, 14:30

Annoyed. Spent the last week and a bit psyching myself up for a phone interview. They rescheduled at the last minute and today they just didn’t call. I know, logically, that it’s nothing personal but it brings back some old feelings of rejection that I thought I’d buried, like the universe doesn’t want me to get ahead.
Old 11th February 2020, 14:52

I'm doing a lot better after a few weeks of increasingly bad feelings that led to a suicide attempt at the weekend, which I feel very ashamed and angry with myself about. I'm okay now though, I think. There was someone kind enough to pick me up from the hospital and spend time with me until my sister arrived, so I've had company and distractions since then. My sister wants to stay until this weekend, but because of the expected weather I don't know yet, it's probably better for her to go sooner. We didn't tell my parents what I did or that she was with me this week because I didn't want them to worry. My dad called us both separately last night and my sister pretended she was at her place, so I feel terrible about asking her to lie for me but there would be no benefit to them knowing anyway. I should have paid more attention to the signs, I suppose. I suspected something wasn't right a while ago, but these things often come and go.
Old 11th February 2020, 14:54

^ Glad you are ok now!
Old 11th February 2020, 15:23

Mood
Cynical

^^ Aw Jen, I'm so sorry to hear that and I'm glad you're ok and your sister was there to be with you. Are you getting any ongoing help or support, are you still seeing a therapist? I wonder if even if you don't want to tell your parents what happened maybe you need to let them know how much their decision to move is affecting you emotionally
Old 11th February 2020, 15:49

Thank you all. I don't want to go to the GP because they'll just offer medication after a five minute discussion (after waiting several weeks for an appointment), and I don't want to go down that road again.

I see my therapist on Thursday. It's sort of convenient in a way because a few weeks ago I felt we were running out of things to talk about (lol).
Old 11th February 2020, 15:54

Mood
Cynical

^ But does that mean you haven't been being quite honest with them about how you are....? (You don't have to say if you don't want to.)
Old 11th February 2020, 16:04

I'm always honest with her, it's probably more to do with me being in denial about how it was affecting me and us working on other things.
Old 11th February 2020, 16:11

Mood
Cynical

^ Ah that makes sense.
Old 12th February 2020, 19:58

Mood
Cynical

^ That's really nice to hear.

Is irritability a symptom of coronavirus because I'm feeling pretty irritable today and I'm not like that usually!
Old 13th February 2020, 07:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo Huntsbach
Annoyed. Spent the last week and a bit psyching myself up for a phone interview. They rescheduled at the last minute and today they just didn’t call. I know, logically, that it’s nothing personal but it brings back some old feelings of rejection that I thought I’d buried, like the universe doesn’t want me to get ahead.
So they did call eventually (there was a miscommunication about the time) but I didn’t get through to the next stage. Feeling more down than I have in a long time. I was out when I got the rejection email yesterday and when I got home it just drained me of all energy, like I couldn’t be bothered to do much more than sit and stare at the wall. My partner has never seen my like that before so I think that worried her. I can’t spend the next 40 years pushing my body to the limit just to earn enough money to scrape on by and then retire with nothing to my name but that’s the path I’m on and I don’t know how to change it. She deserves better than that. I’m sorry that I only post here when I’m miserable, I’ve had these thoughts floating around all night and need somewhere to put them.
Old 13th February 2020, 10:46

Mood
Cynical

^ Post away, that's what the forum is here for. I'm sorry you had that rejection, it's not surprising that it hit you pretty hard. What kind of jobs are you applying for?
Old 13th February 2020, 11:41

Customer service stuff mainly, preferably office based. I’m a bit limited when it comes to skills and qualifications so try to keep it general and entry level.

I dunno, it’s the same problem I’ve always had - I don’t think my expectations for life are unreasonably high, I see people who don’t seem to be particularly smarter or mor able than me get ahead and thrive easily but obviously I’m missing something.