SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 6th August 2012, 18:34
Banned

Default Re: Random Questions (2)

Kirk always seemed to pull, Picard didn't as much.
Old 6th August 2012, 21:52

Can ordinary speed cameras now catch you as you are heading towards them? I just got double-flashed. Could really do without that right about now. (Yes, know . . .)
Old 7th August 2012, 14:03
Banned

Can you be in love with someone and/or say you are in a relationship with them if you never met in real life? IMO you can't but others seem to think you can.
Old 7th August 2012, 14:24
Banned

Ive seen it on forums over the yrs and not sure how it works either. I mean how do you go from being online friends to something serious? Irl the more obvious 'traditional' ways that that initiate that transition like the 1st kiss you cant have online.
Yeah i agree if it makes them happy then no biggie but i think to say you are in love with someone or state you are in a relationship bf/gf is going a bit too far.
Old 7th August 2012, 14:41

Mood
Alienated

possible i think, since i was in a LDR..complicated didnt meet much..felt different to just really getting on with someone .."more"

but im not sure how it works..i dont think its a simple case of being "nothing" to then meeting up and then BAM boyfriend/girlfriend..tricky line, in my case i presumed we were "more" before meeting up..as the whole meeting thing didnt really make much difference to me

/refuses to ramble more about his sad personal life on a public forum
Old 7th August 2012, 14:43

Maybe if you skype face to face a lot... but if you never seen each other in real life or only seen pictures of each other/phone conversations... no i simply dont think that is a relationship.
Old 7th August 2012, 14:57

Anyone take asparin for improved circulation ? does it work?

i got really shit circulation im always running a low body temp
Old 7th August 2012, 15:12
Banned

Lot of ppl have shit circulation i hear but not sure if there anything you can do about it. Apparently your hands/feet get really cold?
Old 7th August 2012, 15:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantini
Can ordinary speed cameras now catch you as you are heading towards them? I just got double-flashed. Could really do without that right about now. (Yes, know . . .)
Do you know if it was a Gatso scamera? As far as I'm aware, Gatos scameras are not approved for forward facing speed detection.
Old 7th August 2012, 15:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnni
Lot of ppl have shit circulation i hear but not sure if there anything you can do about it. Apparently your hands/feet get really cold?
I just have really cold all over temperature but my hands are the coldest and even in summer i feel cold, but when its hot i get clammy, weird... i bought ome low dose asparin to try and improve circulation

i do exercise daily but it does not change anything
Old 7th August 2012, 15:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by custom_fusion-lqx

Ollie, you are a bleeding hypochondriac. Leave yourself alone man
Old 7th August 2012, 15:19
Banned

Im hot all the time so must have really good circulation?
One guy i knew said those with poor circulation their veins are not as close to the skin as others so hard for the nurse once to take a blood sample so took it from a vein in his hand.
Old 7th August 2012, 15:21

Quote:

Aspirin is used for some circualtory problems in a low dose 75mg, but you have to be carefull and in your case I would say don't be taking regular (because you take a lot of supplements and could hit on something that could increase it's effects etc)

So .... Ginger! Well known supplement for poor circulation Or if can tollerate cook some, buy some crystalised ginger (eww) or somet along those lines x

edit ... or go get your Gp to check your thyroid!!
Old 7th August 2012, 15:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poltergeist
Ollie, you are a bleeding hypochondriac. Leave yourself alone man
aye. i cant help it lol i always think about this stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnni
Im hot all the time so must have really good circulation?
One guy i knew said those with poor circulation their veins are not as close to the skin as others so hard for the nurse once to take a blood sample so took it from a vein in his hand.
yeh id swap to be like that id love to feel warm all the time

on the vein thing, i dont think mine problem is that cos i can see my veins in my arms sometimes they bulge out when lifting weights... i think its just bad heart cos my choleserol is high for my age
Old 7th August 2012, 15:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid
Aspirin is used for some circualtory problems in a low dose 75mg, but you have to be carefull and in your case I would say don't be taking regular (because you take a lot of supplements and could hit on something that could increase it's effects etc)

So .... Ginger! Well known supplement for poor circulation Or if can tollerate cook some, buy some crystalised ginger (eww) or somet along those lines x

edit ... or go get your Gp to check your thyroid!!
hey thanks, i try ginger... also i checked thyroid multiple times saw an endo and its all clear, i even tried to prescription thryoid meds from abroad just to be sure and it made no difference so i guess they were right.
Old 7th August 2012, 15:41

Quote:
i even tried to prescription thryoid meds from abroad just to be sure and it made no difference so i guess they were right.
Then you do need a slap young man!! You'll fck your metabolism up dong that, them kinda meds need blood monitoring and can effect the rest of your bod! If the endo says not, then trust em to be right.

Try the ginger, and if you get desperately cold, buy a woolly jumper and a hottie bottle
Old 7th August 2012, 15:43

Mood
Alienated

seriously id swap any day of the week with you

if your cold you just put a jumper on..if your hot and already practically naked your ****ed

its Horrible always feeling hot..especially in my room..i cant open my window with the slightest hint of rain (loft conversion, sky light directly above bed) sweat makes me itch Gah
Old 7th August 2012, 18:10

Mood
Sweettooth

A landlord may put very sternly 'NO DSS' in their advert, but if you pay them in cash theres no way they'd know whether you're on it or not is there?, as long as you go out a bit each day looking like you're heading off to work.
Or is there a council list they have access to?.
Old 7th August 2012, 18:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by February
A landlord may put very sternly 'NO DSS' in their advert, but if you pay them in cash theres no way they'd know whether you're on it or not is there?, as long as you go out a bit each day looking like you're heading off to work.
As far as I know the way the system works at the moment, if you receive Housing Benefit its paid directly to the landlord. It didn't use to work like that and I was told recently that foolishly the Tories are planning on changing it back so the recipient receives the money first and they then pay the landlord, which simply causes problems for those on already low incomes and will cause massive hassle for landlords not being paid or being paid late.
Old 7th August 2012, 18:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rane
As far as I know the way the system works at the moment, if you receive Housing Benefit its paid directly to the landlord. It didn't use to work like that and I was told recently that foolishly the Tories are planning on changing it back so the recipient receives the money first and they then pay the landlord, which simply causes problems for those on already low incomes and will cause massive hassle for landlords not being paid or being paid late.
Not sure if it's different in Scotland, but here, Housing Benefit is now paid directly to the tenant.
Old 7th August 2012, 18:27
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by February
The only problem is that the landlord might want a current work reference from you.
Old 7th August 2012, 18:35

Quote:
Not sure if it's different in Scotland, but here, Housing Benefit is now paid directly to the tenant.
Your right Polty, I was wrong , it must be the same North and South of the Border as its the benefits system. I didn't realise there is option to choose who receives the payment at the moment. Its that option that is supposedly being removed shortly by the Tories - only leaving the option of payment going directly to the tenant. Which I still suggest is a bad idea.
Old 7th August 2012, 18:46

Mood
Sweettooth

Thanks for replies, I'm part-time employed so maybe they could be a rent guarentor. I'll have to look into it some more somewhere, Direct Gov doesn't seem very detailed on this & I'm not sure which other websites to trust.
Me personally I have to think its good rents can go directly to tenants, for ppl who want to fool their landlords for a short time .
Old 7th August 2012, 18:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rane
Your right Polty, I was wrong ,
No worries. I only know because mine is paid directly to me and I'm often tempted to go on a spending spree with it
Old 7th August 2012, 19:00

Mood
Fine

IMO it's better for the money to go directly to the tenant. wouldn't this reduce the chance of landlords discriminating against people receiving benefits? money is money, it shouldn't be an issue for a landlord how the tenant gets the money to pay for their rent (unless it's illegal or something)

if the recipient blows the majority of their housing benefit on something other than housing, that's their problem imo.
Old 7th August 2012, 19:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love My Cats
Ranester, this is causing real concern in the field I work in. There are lots of people who for either addiction reasons, or severe mental health difficulties are unable to budget well. If they suddenly get £1,000 in their account, they'll start spending it just because they haven't had to do this before. It's a disaster waiting to happen and will lead to debt and jail sentences from people who just aren't able to have that responsibility currently (some of them will never be able to mange that responsibility).

At a time when everything else is being cut and prices are going up, it's also easy to see how some people will get into difficulty and take £20 here and there in order to get by, with intentions of paying it back, but then find they are unable to do so.

It's going to be awful
That is exactly it! I witnessed years ago, friends who were forced to live on their own at an early age, receive rent payment directly. Being on low incomes and also being inexperienced at budgeting, they would dip into the funds when they were short for essentials ect, which just led to even bigger problems and this was in the mid '90s. I do fear how much worse it will be in this current climate
Old 7th August 2012, 19:46

Quote:
Do you know if it was a Gatso scamera? As far as I'm aware, Gatos scameras are not approved for forward facing speed detection.
Yes it was a Gatso, and that's what I thought too, thanks. Will let you know if I get my collar felt...
Old 7th August 2012, 20:04
Banned

Air/sea currents. Things like the Gulf stream for example influence temperature of a large scale.
Old 7th August 2012, 20:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantini
Will let you know if I get my collar felt...
Hopefully, you'll be OK
Old 7th August 2012, 20:18
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nineo
ah yea cheers didn't think of that, is that mainly due to closeness to oceans and large seas?
Not sure how it works but the Gulf stream is a warm ocean current that comes from Florida region to N. Atlantic which brings warmth to places like the UK. There are other ocean currents which prob cool/warm areas around the globe.
Closed Thread