SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 3rd April 2012, 15:08

Mood
Brooding

Default Re: Do you like the way you look?

I like how I look, it just seems everyone else disagrees with me lol.
Old 3rd April 2012, 21:35

i'm ok with the way i look but seriously unhappy with the way i express myself, which obviously plays a large part in how you look to others.
Old 4th April 2012, 11:18

Mood
Crappy

I absolutley detest my appearance.

I don't really like anything, maybe my eyes are ok. Somedays I have days where I'm more accepting. I've very rarely received any compliments other than being "cute", and I have had some very nasty comments said about me which I thought would dry up once I got a bit older...but alas, no.

I'm not gonna get anywhere until I can accept the things I can't change (thining hair etc). I struggled to believe any of the compliments or things my ex said when we were together and I could see it was starting to annoy her. SOMEONE found me attractive enough to want to be with me..so I guess I should take comfort from that... but then again, she dumped me so...I don't know how to take that.

I know if I went on a manic health programme and looked after myself that I would accept things a bit more ...but I dunno I just don't think it's fair that I have to be so careful and take so much care just to look and feel like an average bloke. I know plenty of guys my age that don't go to the gym or watch what they eat and they dont have any problems with their skin/hair etc. I'd just love to fit the "average" of a 23 year old man, I wouldn't want the attention of being "hot" and I reckon it would start to change my personality..of which I am actually fairly happy with.
Old 4th April 2012, 11:36

I think that many of us have conditioned ourselves to think certain things are beautiful when beauty actually comes in many forms.

I personally hate my enormous boobs but apparantly some people really like them