SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 12th September 2014, 14:40

Default shy and quiet personality as in that's who I am lol

as in that's who I am lol
Old 12th September 2014, 14:42

Default Re: shy and quiet personality as in that's who I am lol

Me no understand.
Old 12th September 2014, 14:49

yeh I don't like confrontation
I giggle to myself about childish silly things and prefer that to any comments on people
I don't feel energetic around most people and am not anybodys choice and have an amazing time alone
I am me lol
depression for being me
Old 12th September 2014, 18:41

Mood
Bashful

You are what you are
Old 14th September 2014, 11:23

Mood
Notworthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritishPeace
You are what you are
You are your own special creation?

SA people just think too deeply, hence the issues.
Where is the OFF switch on my brain? I lost the manual.
Old 14th September 2014, 11:34

I suppose yes that is who you are. You can try change an become more confident if that's what you want?, or are you happy with being shy and quiet..
Old 17th September 2014, 11:27

Mood
Happy

I can relate, including having the inopportune giggling at times. It gets so bad that I have to put my hand around my mouth in public whenever I do it- I have a reputation as a stoic to maintain

Not many people interest me either, quite possibly none of them- it’s hard to tell, since there’s this numb feeling whatever I do and whoever I’m with. If you’re like this and you feel comfortable with it, then it isn’t a huge problem or anything like that. You are just a person that enjoys your own company, which is at least a more appealing prospect than spending time with people that get laughs out of irritating other people and generally being jerkish automatons.

Still, you do need somewhere to try out some self-expression, and I mean other than with yourself. Even if most people don’t entertain you, there may be somebody out there you can reach who may be the sort of person you’d like to call a friend. If you find them, hold on to them. From personal experience, it’s very easy to feel like you’re entirely detached from the world if you have nobody to anchor you to reality.

If you’re already depressed, having someone like this should be a load off your back. Writing down your feelings right now may also be a good idea, since it’ll help you to clarify where these feelings are coming from and thus go down the right path to defeat them. Hope this helps
Old 17th September 2014, 23:41

Mood
Melancholy

I think I might be similar. I like the idea of people but much lesser so the reality. I just find that much of my interactions are a performance and that consumes energy, quickly becoming boring and tiring because of it. I think I'm also very introvert too, after a while, no matter how much of a rapport we have, I'm just not interested. Yes this renders me shy, quiet and a little awkward sometimes, but I'm starting to think, why should I have to constantly go out of my way to accommodate others and provide conversation and entertainment if I gain my personal satisfaction from the very opposite?

Or perhaps I'm really just succumbing to the anxiety and giving up a little, I'm not sure. All I know is that I'm tired of constantly trying and feeling a bit numb and exhausted.