Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Board Management > The Garage
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 29th June 2013, 23:43

Mood
Sad

Default LGBT

Would it be possible to have an LGBT section?
Old 1st September 2013, 03:26

Default Re: LGBT

Whereas we all post together and don't need to segregate ourselves. I don't like having a 'Club 30-81' section either!
Old 1st September 2013, 20:15

Well yes, but they're all sections of the same site and some people will presumably report dodgy posts anyway. Other much larger forums seem to manage well enough with lots of different sections. You could probably recruit even more mods anyway, I would do
it myself if allowed, perhaps not here though.
Old 1st September 2013, 20:25

Mood
Dreaming

In some ways it would be great if there were more sub forums catering for everyone, and it can work well on some sites with thousands of regular posters, but I feel this place has a relatively small community so it works best with fewer sub forums. Many of the current sub forums are barely used as it is or get ignored. Someone may post in an LGBT sub forum seeking advice and may get completely ignored, whilst if they'd posted in the SA forum they'd get responses as people are more likely to check the threads there.
Old 1st September 2013, 20:27

I don't think the 'busy mods' argument is a good reason not to have more sections. Total posts wouldn't increase, and I only ever use the 'New Posts' button anyway so I see everything. I still don't think more sections is a good idea though.

I could understand the need for an LGBT section if there was a lot of homophobia or transphobia on the forum, but then I wouldn't care either way because I'd leave a horrible forum like that. As it is, I hardly ever see homophobia and transphobia here, and so asking for an LGBT section seems as odd as asking for a 'black people' section.
Old 1st September 2013, 20:29

It depends how you use the forum. I just click on "New Posts" at the top but in the past I would go through individual sub-forums, reading old threads. Different people use this place in different ways.
Old 1st September 2013, 20:33

Aww no don't get rid of the 30-81 section. I've been here 6 years waiting for the day I can post there. Only 4 years to go.
Old 1st September 2013, 20:41

Mood
Dreaming

I use the 'new posts' feature too but I'm not sure what percentage of people do. Many people may like to stick to particlar forums so may not notice posts in others. I'm sure there must have been a poll of some sort on this subject sometime.
Old 1st September 2013, 23:04
Co-Administrator

Mood
Dreaming

Could people not try to make the LGBT group a bit more active? It's much like a section of the board and allows discussion and support.
Old 2nd September 2013, 16:48

Mood
Dreaming

The groups are quite hidden away. I imagine quite a few people don't even know they exist, and I doubt many people check them regularly. I keep forgetting they exist, but would quite like to use them more if others did.
Old 3rd September 2013, 00:03

post a thread in the study group. Or Sa and relationships.
Old 4th September 2013, 00:30

Mood
Bored

whats LGBT?
Old 4th September 2013, 00:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by conch
whats LGBT?
Lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender.
Old 4th September 2013, 14:30

Mood
Bored

I see

i say leave it as it is,i dont know everyones sexual preferance here obviously but even the forums where everyones contributing slows down and goes stagnant so i dont see if to keep seperating would be a good idea, but if the LGBT feel this is what they want, i say, make a section
Old 10th September 2013, 14:24

Mood
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellotiger
Aww no don't get rid of the 30-81 section. I've been here 6 years waiting for the day I can post there. Only 4 years to go.

I have just cracked up over this !!! Hahaha
Old 6th November 2014, 22:31

Mood
Happy

Quote:
Ha, yeah, me too! Two weeks to go
Old 7th November 2014, 21:34

Quote:
I am also on countdown, 2 and a bit years to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Fyre
I use the 'new posts' feature too but I'm not sure what percentage of people do. Many people may like to stick to particlar forums so may not notice posts in others. I'm sure there must have been a poll of some sort on this subject sometime.
I used to go through each forum section to see new posts. Then after about a year and a half here I noticed the 'new posts' feature at the top So now I mainly use that.
Old 12th November 2014, 12:46

Mood
Alienated

The 30-81 room is the one I use the most as I find the topics and post are to young for me in the lounge and not relevant to my life. I used to use most of the site but over time I have noticed the members seem to have got younger, posts about music & tv shows that I know nothing about and I don't even know what a GIFS is. I feel out of place in the lounge and even the 30-81 can feel a little young for me at times, I would prefer it to be 40-81 for a nostalgic chat about things of which I know. Otherwise I only really check the GAMES ROOM to pass a little time and the SOCIAL ANXIETY ROOM to see if I can give any help to posters. I would support a SPORTS ROOM if one was started as I have posted on those topics in the LOUNGE but the room is used so much that topics soon vanish to page two and then get lost, fading off into the distance. Just having SA in common is not enough for some people as the nature of SA itself means we are not the best at communication having more rooms for set topic like a LBGT ROOM, SPORTS ROOM, MUSIC ROOM ect means that straight away you have two things in common to be able to chat about, it might also mean that a post in the lounge would manage to last more than a couple of days on page one.
Old 12th November 2014, 21:56

I like the idea of sports and music rooms But don't change 30-81 to 40-81, I'm almost there!