^ That one of Moe really speaks to me.

Old 2nd March 2018, 13:41

Mood
Sneaky

Default Re: Blessed simpsons meme thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merritt
^ That one of Moe really speaks to me.

i know man :/ i can remember maybe getting dressed up for something important i had to go to where i wanted to make a good impression, and then you do the last mirror check before leaving and thats what you get, that mixture of a completely unconvincing smile that tells you that nothing at all is ok, pure desperation, and that sense of everything just being a complete sham. ouch

your soul just dribbles down your leg

havent felt like that in a good while thank god
Old 2nd March 2018, 13:53

And then...

Old 2nd March 2018, 13:57

Mood
Sneaky

^ :,/

There's been a few people like moe on here over the years i guess
Old 2nd March 2018, 14:40

Mood
Fine

Old 3rd March 2018, 13:32

Mood
Sneaky

Old 3rd March 2018, 13:35

Mood
Sneaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddity

Old 5th March 2018, 13:15

Mood
Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Hodge
have you ever seen tommy emmanuel do classical gas?! xD never seen anyone shred an acoustic like this guy
yeah, seen Tommy do loads of things, even some Hendrix on the acoustic,
the guy is insane,. I've no idea how he manages to play what he does,
think he still tours quite a bit,
kept meaning to go and see him sometime.
Old 5th March 2018, 13:48

Mood
Sneaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasco Da Gama
yeah, seen Tommy do loads of things, even some Hendrix on the acoustic,
the guy is insane,. I've no idea how he manages to play what he does,
think he still tours quite a bit,
kept meaning to go and see him sometime.
Count me in if hes near us! Guy is a freak
Old 5th March 2018, 21:53

Mood
Sneaky

l0\/3 |\/|£ $0|\/|£ r@|_f \/\/166U|\/|

Old 5th March 2018, 21:58

Mood
Sneaky

not your average impression thats fo sho

Old 5th March 2018, 22:03

Mood
Sneaky

tears coming out of my eyes xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD

Old 6th March 2018, 07:27

Old 6th March 2018, 23:06

Mood
Sneaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auby

very clever how all the phrases are arranged to fit over the riffs, bravo
Old 9th March 2018, 14:59

I'm addicted to watching the Steamed Ham scene. I also like the many variations people have done but the original is so well constructed. It also makes you appreciate just how good The Simpsons used to be back then. I think part of the reason why they aren't so great anymore is because they have become too farcical. If you watch a lot of their earlier episodes, it really was grounded in reality. Which I think is a key component if you are extending that reality in a humorous way. But take away that reality anchor and you are left with one giant farcefest of a show. Although they are on their 29th season and there’s only so much reality you can expect from a show that never seems to age.

Anyway, Comedy Class is dismissed. In my next class I will be discussing the real reason why the chicken crossed the road.
Old 24th March 2018, 14:44

Mood
Sneaky

this is a new peak for me, this one completely destroyed all my dignity like i was tripping on cat nip or something

Old 24th March 2018, 14:58

Mood
Sneaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chess&Junkfood
I'm addicted to watching the Steamed Ham scene. I also like the many variations people have done but the original is so well constructed. It also makes you appreciate just how good The Simpsons used to be back then. I think part of the reason why they aren't so great anymore is because they have become too farcical. If you watch a lot of their earlier episodes, it really was grounded in reality. Which I think is a key component if you are extending that reality in a humorous way. But take away that reality anchor and you are left with one giant farcefest of a show. Although they are on their 29th season and there’s only so much reality you can expect from a show that never seems to age.

Anyway, Comedy Class is dismissed. In my next class I will be discussing the real reason why the chicken crossed the road.

i dont really get much out of dwelling on the demise of the simpsons, i think the simpsons changed the world. if you think about how many great episodes were made, i will probably never make anything as great as one of them, and they made years and years of them. and yet the writers are human beings - they are making shows from a finite and ever diminishing set of ideas and material sources.

do we really think that in an artistic endeavour we can keep finding new angles and new things to do with the same subject, and always make better art as time goes on? or even that the art you make from one subject will always be of the same standard? the only thing worth commenting on as far as i'm concerned is that the simpsons has gone on as long as it has. complaining about the standard of shows now feels a bit like "oh you used to be so beautiful when we got married, but now 30 years later you have grey hair and you put on weight! i dont care that you are the mother of my children and that you nursed me through depression, you have wrinkles for god sake! wtf?!" or "my mum used to be great but now she just stays in her room all day in the old folks home snoozing and rambling incoherently. she sucks now!"

wow i dont think i ever white knighted a tv show before
Old 27th March 2018, 23:52

^
I admire you for white knighting a TV show. I think the world would be a better place if more people white knighted TV shows. I know I***8217;ve done my fair share of TV show white knighting over the years. Although on one occasion it took me a while to get out of my Charlie's Angels outfit, but I still think I managed to get my point across regarding that TV show. Granted, it would have been easier for me to dress as Charlie himself to get my point across, but hindsight is 20/20.

What was my point again?

Oh yeah, the demise of The Simpsons. Now the reason why I dwell on the demise of the show is because the fans are having to see their favourite characters diminish in quality from what they once were. It***8217;s like that Principal and the Pauper episode, where the writers obliterated the Seymour character and gave him a completely different backstory. Now I would imagine that episode came about because of the pressure in trying to maintain the success of the show. Although to give The Simpsons credit, they did write a lot of classic episodes after the principle episode. But I still think that***8217;s when the noticeable cracks started to appear in the show and those cracks have become larger ever since. So much so that only an analogy can explain what I really mean. It***8217;s like a gambler who keeps on losing his money, but ends up betting more than he can afford in the hope of breaking even. He then gets to a point where he***8217;s flat broke and has to sell his meagre possessions for another gambling chip. When that last bet doesn***8217;t work out, he then starts selling himself on the streets. Although his looks have long since faded, he has no choice but to reduce his prices dramatically and one of his clients insists on calling him Bubber. He also starts drinking, so all the money he earns has to fund his cheap booze. Which means he no longer has enough money to pay the rent on his one room dingy bedsit. So he***8217;s now having to sleep on the streets, while drinking meths and dreaming of how amazing his life once was. That to me is how I think The Simpsons have turned out.

I'm a big believer in ending on a positive note, so I will also add that the weather has been nice today. Although it could have been warmer, but it's still only March, so I suppose you can't expect it to be tropical weather just yet. Although let's be honest, it's very rare we get tropical weather in the UK. It would be nice if we did, but at least it isn't always cold.

That last paragraph definitely sounded more positive. Although it's a shame I rambled on for so long and talking about the weather wasn't relevant to this thread. But apart from that...
Old 14th April 2018, 21:18

Mood
Sneaky

^_^

Old 17th April 2018, 00:54

Mood
Sneaky

repost because...feels good man

Old 17th April 2018, 00:58

Mood
Sneaky

oh ffs

all you ruined and all you steam
is all your luncheon will ever be

this makes me want to buy a load of marawanas and inject them all and listen to this
Old 17th April 2018, 14:34

Mood
Sneaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinal
^ when I get back into running that's the shit I'll be listening to for sure :,,,,|

In the meantime i still got all that tramadol man....we shld just get wasted up a mountain and blast that shit xD
Old 17th April 2018, 14:47

Mood
Sneaky

People in brodick will be like "theres snow on the summit of goatfell"
Old 17th April 2018, 20:40

^^^^
Yee haw! I***8217;m riding my bandwagon. Giddy up now. Although wait a second. I feel it***8217;s important that I express an opinion before I continue my bandwagon journey. So hopefully this song I wrote will express my opinions on this subject:

Where do I gooooooooo
oh where do I goooooooo
I***8217;m riding my bandwagon
where tooo
who knooooooows
the trail is lonesome
and my heart feels so loooooooow
but where do I ride tooo
is it here
who knooooooooows

Hopefully my song has in some way answered your post regarding the principle and the pauper episode. Although it***8217;s entirely possible that it hasn***8217;t. So I will also say this. I respect your opinions on this subject. They are certainly good opinions as to why that episode is still a good episode. That being said, I still stand by everything I have previously mentioned about that episode. Which can mean only one thing. It***8217;s time for another song.....

Chocolate, oh chocolate
you***8217;re the best that can be
your cocoa bean infusion means the world to me
nothing can replace you
I need you in me
oh chocolate, oh chocolate
you***8217;re the best that can be

Again, I***8217;m not entirely sure if that song has answered the principle and the pauper question. I***8217;m guessing it probably hasn***8217;t. So I will also add a few more opinions on this subject. Now I appreciate where you are coming from regarding the expansion of the Seymour character. But I still think part of the mainstream success of the show was the believability of the main characters. You could even say that a lot of people invested emotionally in those characters. Well kind of emotionally invested in them anyway. After all, it***8217;s an animated TV show. That being said, having characters that are predictable and somewhat two dimensional is also a problem. So I appreciate why the writers wanted to jazz things up a bit with the Seymour character. But I still think the writers didn***8217;t fully appreciate that a good chunk of the audience really valued the reality of the show. So I think when they started to change a character from what they once were, some of the audience might have felt cheated by this change in the show. Of course change is part of life, but in the context of the show, when that change comes at the expense of character development, then it seems like a pointless change to make. But like you mentioned, things inevitably change. Like the change in my diet for example. Long gone are the days when I used to be able to eat anything spicy without any major bowel movement consequences. Now those were really golden days.

Anyway, this bandwagon won't ride itself. But where do I ride too? Who knooooooows....
Old 18th April 2018, 13:22

^
Oh no I didn***8217;t think you were implying that I was jumping on the bandwagon. It***8217;s just that I really like bandwagons in general. So the moment someone mentions the word bandwagon, I just feel compelled to jump onto one. I would of course invite you and everyone else from the forum onto this bandwagon, but what with having SA, I***8217;m sure everyone can appreciate that can be a challenge sometimes. But I promise once my SA improves, I will invite everyone onto this bandwagon. We could even go on a trip somewhere. Ideally somewhere warm and exotic. Blackpool maybe? But I***8217;m sure we can discuss these details at a later date.

I***8217;m also glad you appreciate chocolate. I would of course share some chocolate with you and everyone else on the forum, but what with having SA, I***8217;m sure everyone can appreciate that can be a challenge sometimes. Although on reflection, I think sharing chocolate might have nothing to do with having SA, but more to do with my chocolate addiction. But I promise once my chocolate addiction improves, I will of course share some of my chocolate with everyone on the forum.
Old 18th April 2018, 13:38

^ the word bandwagon just makes me think of Wagon Wheels, so the chocolatey connection makes sense.
Old 18th April 2018, 14:16

^
Wagon wheels are great! And you***8217;re right, there does seem to be a connection with bandwagons and wagon wheels. Which is probably the reason why I like to jump onto bandwagons in the first place. You could also hypothesise that the base of a bandwagon is made up of cadbury's chocolate fingers. God I love chocolate! Talking of which, I need my chocolate fix. Although I***8217;ve just remembered that I don***8217;t have any chocolate left. Well apart from some cadbury***8217;s chocolate powder. So that will have to do. It***8217;s also fair to say that I don***8217;t look very stylish when eating dry chocolate powder, what with my mouth becoming dry as a result of eating chocolate powder. So I end up having to drink a lot of water to counteract the dryness of the chocolate powder. but that just causes my mouth to become very frothy from the interaction with the chocolate powder and the water. You could say I resemble a volcano that is erupting frothy chocolate. So it's quite a spectacle to see me eating dry chocolate powder.
Old 28th April 2018, 20:27

Old 16th September 2018, 12:19

Saw this the other day

Old 21st September 2018, 20:03