Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 7th December 2018, 14:00
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

Default Re: How is everyone feeling? (31)

Tired but better. It was utterly tipping the s'morn. Luckily it eased up by the time I was out in the fields. Put all the barn ponies out loose and led buddy to his paddock. When I came back I found the trio of trouble in buddy's stable. What ensued was the battle of the donkeys. Little gits lol. They were not for a moving.

Have come home and it's all quiet, suppose I,'ll have to wait and see if the music starts up again tonight.
Old 7th December 2018, 15:35
Global Moderator

Mood
Scared

Glad it's Friday!
Although I don't really have anything to look forward to over the weekend, just a couple days of solitude.
Old 7th December 2018, 17:20
Banned

^ I agree. He sounds like a right inconsiderate selfish twat.
God knows how his parents brought him up. If he can't be a decent neighbour or just keep to himself he deserves to be out on the streets. I hope it improves for you.
Old 7th December 2018, 19:46

Mood
Alienated

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinny
Not super, but also glad it's Friday

I just got back to my car to see I have left the headlights on, but managed to put all four windows down before I locked it this morning. I can't even think how I have done that

Home time.
I found on my car if you hold the unlock button instead of the lock button on the fob it winds both windows all the way down.

I was a little confused when I returned to it after work to find it all wide open with a right draft going through it, good thing it wasn't raining!
Old 7th December 2018, 21:28
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplesnarf
^^^ This can't go on forever Mo, he will get his comeuppance one of these days. You can't go about behaving like that forever without consequences such as eviction or annoying the wrong people and bringing trouble to his own door.
Yeah. I think he's in the last chance saloon as it is (excluded from schools, prison record etc..). It is quiet tonight - tho he might be out. I walked past about 6.30 pm after my counselling session and it all seemed quite dark.

Yeah I think he's only just really getting to grips with consequences - he had his electric cut off cause he didn't bother paying the bill. So now he has one of those key card meters. He wasn't paying his tv licence as I got the threatening letter through my door by accident. I think he'd been sunk without his mum.

It is hard tho, cause bringing about a complaint and taking it further does mean it creates a lot of unpleasant feeling and I do have to live here. But I can't go on with the music, so it has to be done I guess. :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vienna
^ I agree. He sounds like a right inconsiderate selfish twat.
God knows how his parents brought him up. If he can't be a decent neighbour or just keep to himself he deserves to be out on the streets. I hope it improves for you.
His mum seems alright strangely. I dunno what his problem is to be honest. Possibly too much/many drugs. Thanks . I hope it improves too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee S
Couldn't agree more. He sounds vile.
He is
Old 8th December 2018, 11:01

Mood
Confused

Actually not bad. It was our work xmas do last night and I had... an all right time. Most people were really nice, the venue wasn't too scarily formal, the starter and main courses were both cheese and the pudding was some sort of tunnocks tea cake/jaffa cake hybrid. I backdoored it before I got too drunk, and the cringe today is there but minimal. It's a christmas miracle (well until I turn up on Monday and find out I've done something awful and just forgotten it)!
Old 8th December 2018, 11:35

Mood
Blah

im annoyed its going to rain again really wanted to get out for some fresh air suffering cabin fever. also my sons buggy broke so im more limited where i can go i walk so many miles the wheel wore down & broke off
Old 8th December 2018, 13:29

Mood
Musical

I'm having a lazy day so far not even got out my PJs yet
Old 8th December 2018, 14:57
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

It must be catching. The only thing I've done today is put a chicken in the oven.
Whilst watching Apollo 13 in my PJ's
Old 8th December 2018, 15:08

Mood
Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooky Monster
You know who to be thanking for that!
I do indeed!

Old 9th December 2018, 11:28
Global Moderator

Mood
Scared

Fat and ugly
Old 9th December 2018, 13:06
Banned

Miserable
Old 9th December 2018, 13:33

Mood
Alienated

Not remotely interested in xmas yet pretending to be at least marginally excited

I have nothing to do apart from sit at home and treat it like a long weekend, it gets worse every year

I'd like some sort of social life but I really can't be bothered with it, I wish my brain could decide on one direction instead of finding both options tiresome
Old 9th December 2018, 16:50
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

A bit stuffed, just had leftovers from my roast yesterday. Had no lunch so my stomach's acting like it's been assaulted.

Had a lovely day tho visiting Petworth House. Also a wander through the town. Lol I drive through here once a week but rarely stop. Aside from the co op and the post office oh and a Bunce there is nothing but Antique shops, Art gallery's and tea/coffee shops (no chains like costa yet tho I'm pleased to say ). You wonder how the locals cope, cause the nearest place is Midhurst and it has sweet FA either. Still lovely ye old town.
Old 9th December 2018, 16:57
Global Moderator

Mood
Scared

A bit tipsy - I've been cooking this afternoon and in true Keith Floyd style copious amounts of alcohol have been consumed
Old 10th December 2018, 10:03

Mood
Sleepy

Really tired
Old 10th December 2018, 21:01
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

Glad your MRI went well lee
Old 10th December 2018, 21:04
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

Tired. And thoughtful. To much rubbish going round my head.

On a plus note I finished the peer mentoring course today. Also don't have to sign onto the jobcentre again until the 7th of January as my sign on day falls on xmas eve
Old 11th December 2018, 09:44
Global Moderator

Mood
Scared

Another anxious morning
Old 11th December 2018, 16:34
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

Well I had a lovely morning. Went to a gorgeous cafe with the outdoor group overlooking an old mill and river. Stayed and wandered about town, the stopped at a garden centre. Was feeling rather mellow. However came back to my neighbour starting with music and I assume drug taking as there all being loud idiots at the min. The music has stopped for now, but I can see i'm gonna have major issues in the future. One of his mates walked past and put a finger up to the camera in my windowsill. So anxiety galore. Agoraphobia here I come .....
Old 11th December 2018, 16:54
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

^ Aye . Thanks
Old 12th December 2018, 08:43

Mood
Mellow

^^ agreed jinny..folk like that do not like seeing cctv or cameras being bandied about by the vulnerable-party as i've discovered for myself and seen about town in various situations.

round here they make a 'big thing' about kids birthday parties. just survived another one - actually really well this time - so my daughter will relax a bit more at her concert tonight - she'll be fab.

trying hard to stop another cold sore developing by Friday - don't think it would look all that great to an interview panel. sigh. well...am up...for the lovely (sarcasm) hygienist (shes a nice lady but its the pain associated with the appoint I don't like. this afternoon.
Old 12th December 2018, 09:39

Mood
Tired

^

I was at the hygienist last night and it was fine,.. didn't feel a thing,
I thought I was going for 1 filling being ground out and replaced and another possible filling in one session,
so, I was well chuffed with just having my teeth polished

^^ sorry to hear of your neighbour woes Mo34,..that just sounds awful,.
I had the same problems for a few years, and ended up building new walls in my house just to get a sleep at night,

might be a tiny positive in that it may make you more likely to get out and about,. even if it's just to get away from the noise,

when I first encountered noisy neighbours it made me go out all the time,
it's sad in a way, but it helped me get out more and do stuff I'd probably not have done otherwise.
Old 12th December 2018, 20:50

Really greedy.
Old 13th December 2018, 14:35

Mood
Lonely

Anxious af, a parcel has been delivered to my neighbour and I don’t know what to do. There’s no way I can go over and ask for it, and I doubt I can even open the door if they call. FFS
Old 13th December 2018, 14:42

^ Could you ask your mom to pop round and collect it for you?
Old 13th December 2018, 15:10

Mood
Lonely

She’s busy today, I usually would though
Old 13th December 2018, 16:31
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasco Da Gama
^

^^ sorry to hear of your neighbour woes Mo34,..that just sounds awful,.
I had the same problems for a few years, and ended up building new walls in my house just to get a sleep at night,

might be a tiny positive in that it may make you more likely to get out and about,. even if it's just to get away from the noise,

when I first encountered noisy neighbours it made me go out all the time,
it's sad in a way, but it helped me get out more and do stuff I'd probably not have done otherwise.
Thanks .
lol, yes I was discussing that with my counsellor. It does seem to make me want to go out more and not go home!
Old 13th December 2018, 19:25

Agitated, honestly like I could set someone on fire. Someone being like a voodoo doll or something- just to clarify- i'm not completely gone. Pretty sure you're supposed to stick pins in them dolls but fire seems so much more reactive. Meanwhile i'm watching Hugh Grant interviews. If anyone can calm you, it's surely that voice...or maybe that's Morgan Freeman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimplesxo
Anxious af, a parcel has been delivered to my neighbour and I don***8217;t know what to do. There***8217;s no way I can go over and ask for it, and I doubt I can even open the door if they call. FFS
Hate missing parcels and I always miss them if my mum isn't in :/ Did have to knock and get it from a neighbour before and dreaded it- especially as wasn't an immediate neighbour and they took forever to answer which made it so much more awkward of me second guessing whether to wait or leave! However, once they did open- they were very pleasant and there wasn't any chit chat, just a "ah one second here it is" and me "thanks for taking it in". Haven't crossed paths with them since. In other words, it'll be fine. Sending you a confidence boosting hug.

Quote:
I feel overwhelmed and exhausted and sad and confused. My husband is not speaking to me. Its a massive strain because we don't get chance to talk about things as the children are always here, though lately he's started shouting at me when they're in the house, my youngest is tearful. I think he is leaving me... But wants to make me the bad person. So is just being horrible instead, instead of just saying what he wants. I am kind of done with it, it's been weeks now, and that's only the culmination of months of mostly ignoring me. I haven't got it in me to try and get things right anymore. But I have been with him for 18 years. And am scared of being alone. I am alone really, so some things will stay the same, but I am scared of the practical things and also apprehensive as to how I will feel if we finally separate and he gets together with someone else, while I am alone and miserable.He's always been better than me and he knows it, but I am sick of trying to be a better person than I am
Sending a hug your way. Sounds like a dreadful environment. That said- comparing yourself to him won't help. It's easy to say because most of us will do it but he wouldn't of chosen you if he didn't think you were on par in some way or on some level. Don't know your personal situation but him shutting you out, doesn't necessarily mean he's thinking about you both and leaving- could be just his own demons attacking himself and unfortunately you're taking the blunt force of it simply because you're the only one there to take it out on. Sometimes i'm guilty of this with my mum and I love her nor think about abandoning her, indefinitely- still when you're hurting and you don't live alone, thus don't have the privilege of escaping and calming down- it's very hard at times not to use those closest to you as emotional punch bags. Doesn't make it right or fair but it happens and more often then not the cycle breaks back to treating them the way they deserve soon enough. Still, it isn't something you should have to put up with. I am guilty of using the silent treatment, more as a way of controlling my mouth from blurting out things I don't mean so he could be the same where as you'd probably feel better if he communicated those feelings then bottling them up and leaving you feeling in limbo, presuming the worst. Maybe you could text him explaining you want to help and understand and would feel better if he doesn't want to speak, if he could give you some idea of what's troubling him in text form if he doesn't want to talk about it out loud. Still, this will only work if he identifies himself as the one in the wrong- if he's not ready to- he may just see it as probing or trying to make an issue of something he can't yet see for himself. Hope things get better for you soon.
Old 13th December 2018, 19:53

Mood
Cynical

Quote:
I feel overwhelmed and exhausted and sad and confused

My husband is not speaking to me. Its a massive strain because we don't get chance to talk about things as the children are always here, though lately he's started shouting at me when they're in the house, my youngest is tearful.

I think he is leaving me... But wants to make me the bad person. So is just being horrible instead, instead of just saying what he wants.

I am kind of done with it, it's been weeks now, and that's only the culmination of months of mostly ignoring me. I haven't got it in me to try and get things right anymore.

But I have been with him for 18 years. And am scared of being alone. I am alone really, so some things will stay the same, but I am scared of the practical things and also apprehensive as to how I will feel if we finally separate and he gets together with someone else, while I am alone and miserable.

He's always been better than me and he knows it, but I am sick of trying to be a better person than I am

Will you both have some time off work over Christmas where you could sit down alone and talk? Just ignoring you isn't a mature thing for your husband to do, whatever's going on he needs to voice it. Or if not can you go together for some kind of couples counselling? (Of course he's not better than you! Even if it did happen that you did split up you would be able to cope, you're stronger than you think.)