SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 20th December 2015, 18:17

Default Are any of you scared to post anything on Facebook?

I have family on Facebook and a few old work friends, they post things regularly, me on the other hand like in real life I say nothing. I am scared of what they will think of me or that I have to act online the way I do in real life. Now Twitter on the other hand I have been using for years and post daily on it, the reason being I am anonymous on it, no location, just my first name. I love twitter as I feel I can be the person who is free from SA. Shameless plug for my Twitter profile
Old 20th December 2015, 19:51
Banned at own request

Mood
Doubtful

Default Re: Are any of you scared to post anything on Facebook?

I post more on FB than twitter. I'm not very good with the 140 character limit though I get round it occasionally by using twitlonger.
Old 20th December 2015, 22:50

It's the book of faces Flumps, a bit like the Yellow Pages
Old 20th December 2015, 22:51

Default Are any of you scared to post anything on Facebook?

Never post any deep shit. I feel uncomfortable posting a lot of things and every time a new person adds me I go through my old posts worrying that there is something that might make them judge me.
Old 20th December 2015, 22:57

I use it mostly for messenger and reading my daily dose of peoples haughty opinions offering how to solve all of the worlds problems.

I post little on my timeline any more. The odd travel or drunk picture is about all.
Old 20th December 2015, 22:59

^^ It is indeed a horror directory. I would advise all to stay away
Old 20th December 2015, 23:36

Mood
Lurking

I'm getting less and less interested in Facebook each day. I've got around 200 "friends" (i.e., people that i know, not necessarily friends) and when i did post things, i was lucky to get 2 likes yet i'd read posts like "I'm having pizza tonight for dinner" or "Justin's just done a poop in his potty" and these posts would get 30+ likes. Facebook is good at making you think nobody likes you. Or perhaps that is the case with me, i don't know. I get fed up reading other people's shit, and i don't mean that in a nasty way, just people i know who are liars and the crap they put on their status and the people that hoover it all up in admiration.

The other thing i don't like on Facebook is what i call the "secret snoopers" - those who go through your page looking at things and know more about you than you realise.

I tried twitter but didn't really know what to do with it or how to get people to follow me. I wasn't sure if it was 100% anonymous as can't people trace you through your email address? Or is it best to create a new email add and use that? I just didn't seem to get the hang of it.
Old 21st December 2015, 03:04

Mood
Bitching

I use it to bitch about work and the world lol
Old 21st December 2015, 21:04

Mood
Fine

Wasn't scared to post but wasn't a regular poster, guess it was more I didn't have anything interesting to post. Ended up deactivating it a while back anyway as I was constantly comparing myself to others and it wasn't doing me any good. Causes more problems than its worth aswell, important people I trust which is vety few, have my number and that's enough for me.
Old 21st December 2015, 21:26

Mood
Thinking

"I'm getting less and less interested in Facebook each day. I've got around 200 "friends" (i.e., people that i know, not necessarily friends) and when i did post things, i was lucky to get 2 likes yet i'd read posts like "I'm having pizza tonight for dinner" or "Justin's just done a poop in his potty" and these posts would get 30+ likes. Facebook is good at making you think nobody likes you".

I agree with Clyde here Facebook is good at making you think people dont like you. The more crappier and base you are the more likes you seem to get???!!!!!
Old 22nd December 2015, 01:03

Location: countryside in the wiltshire/hampshire/berkshire borders

Not "scared". Thought about setting up a blog, but I don't do Facebook or Twitter, or any of the others. What is the point of it? Each to their own, can see it might be important to some, but does not interest me.
Old 22nd December 2015, 01:52

Mood
Woot

I hardly ever post. I agree with what's been said regarding the likes. This is what stops me posting, cos I think I'll be judged for the paultry 2 likes I get. This is where Twitter is a lot less claustrophobic. Because of SA I don't have a great social life and friends, so I feel unsupported on it.
Old 22nd December 2015, 02:39

Mood
Woot

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave81uk
I have family on Facebook and a few old work friends, they post things regularly, me on the other hand like in real life I say nothing. I am scared of what they will think of me or that I have to act online the way I do in real life. Now Twitter on the other hand I have been using for years and post daily on it, the reason being I am anonymous on it, no location, just my first name. I love twitter as I feel I can be the person who is free from SA. Shameless plug for my Twitter profile
True what you say about Twitter. Facebook feels like you're in a roomful of judgmental people staring at you. And it tells everyone if you're logged in, so they can get offended if they post something and you don't put a like on it.
Old 22nd December 2015, 07:32

Mood
Breezy

I only have a few friends on there as I only add people I actually know and interact with. I am very aware that everything you put on facebook is searchable for the life of the internet, so I don't put anything I wouldn't want my children/grandchildren/great grand children etc to read, but I do talk a lot about politics and other issues that interest me. I occasionally post something more personal but usually only if it's positive.

Could you imagine if facebook had been around 200 years ago, what we would be able to find out about our ancestors!

That's an exciting prospect to me and I love social media, it all depends how you use it.
Old 22nd December 2015, 11:00

I'm reluctant to post. Use to write things I found funny, but I'm not sure people still do that, and nobody wants the dreaded zero likes.
Old 22nd December 2015, 13:17

I'm not scared of posting on there but I would never post anything personal or too serious as there are people on there who's business it is not! People that use it for drama annoy me.

Regarding the number of 'likes', I really don't think anyone notices.
Old 22nd December 2015, 20:13

I closed it recently as I find it cringeworthy and annoying.

Always prefered twitter to be honest!
Old 22nd December 2015, 21:00

Mood
Pensive

Yes, iam now I started thinking people will be embarrassed for me seeing I hardly get any likes compared to others on my fb. So Ive given up now as I dont post for likes anyway but feels like a competition whos the most popular which isnt me
Old 22nd December 2015, 23:08

It's only something I used regularly whilst studying with a group of friends a few years ago..

After uni I never use it and would just post music videos and nobody seemed to care what I was posting, lol..

So yeah, barely use it at all.
Old 22nd December 2015, 23:18

Mood
Sweettooth

YES !!! that's exactly how I feel ! I'm scared what people would think if I wrote a "status" and to be honest what would I even write a status about ?! I barely leave the house so I have nothing of interest to post about !

I don't tend to share posts I like either incase people think why would you share that ...
Old 22nd December 2015, 23:41

I only really use it for the groups, wish I could deactivate my profile but still use them. I sometimes consider starting a new profile and rejoining them all but last time I tried to create one just for selling stuff it somehow linked them as it suggested people I know add the second profile.

I don't like posting stuff as my partners mum likes and comments on everything, and then brings it up when I see her and it gives me the rage Once I liked or shared a really cool pic of a baby being born in a birth pool (I follow a few pages that share that kinda thing) didn't really think anything of it. Then a few weeks later we visit my partner's dad and he's showing off his new TV and how he can access Facebook on it. He only has about six friends on it so of course up pops this pic on his TV... Yay so that made me more aware that people are watching