SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Welcome & Introductions Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 9th September 2017, 16:03

Default Training day

Hi everyone,
This is my first post and I need advice.
I have suffered from anxiety when I'm in a group or classroom situation since school over 30 years ago. It all started in a biology class when the lesson was about blood issues and I fainted, when I came round everyone was laughing at me and this resulted in bullying all through school. In my teens I was a bridesmaid and I fainted at the alter coming round with people saying I'd spoilt the ceremony. Whenever I'm in a situation where there are strangers or a large group I start sweating and panicking thinking I'm going to faint, most times I snap out of it but the feeling is awful and I'm always on edge and can't relax thinking it will happen again.
Next month I have to go away overnight with work, I have to get 2 trains go out for a meal with the heads of the company and about 25 other people I don't know then the next day spend all day in a classroom situation training, this is all my fears in one!
I've never travelled far on my own, stayed overnight in a hotel on my own or been alone for a training day my anxiety is going through the roof, help!
Old 10th September 2017, 05:45

Default Re: Training day

I do feel for you, I would hate this too Good luck with it.