SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 7th September 2013, 20:38

Default Do you ever wonder what people on sauk think of you and what you write?

Its hard not to feel paranoid and assume people think the worst of you when posting sometimes isnt it
Old 7th September 2013, 20:46

Default Re: Do you ever wonder what people on sauk think of you and what you write?

I think most people here wonder that, all the time, because... we have SA.
Old 7th September 2013, 20:54

Default Re: Do you ever wonder what people on sauk think of you and what you write?

Not really, I think most of what I post goes under the radar so generally think people don't really think anything about me. And I don't think I post anything that would make me a hate figure (?) an idiot.

You always come across well to me anyway. I don't think you have anything to worry about.
Old 7th September 2013, 20:58
Banned at own request

Mood
Twisted

I find it very scarey to wright online. Hence why I hardly ever post. Forever deleting comments I've only just posted, or editing them to death. Thing is I'm doing very well right now, as far as SA goes. But I still cant do what most other SA sufferers do. Chatting or messaging online, and the other biggie is driving. I cannot see how on earth anyone with SA can expose themselves on the road. Sounds like hell to me. Yet most of the people I know, even the most hardened hermits from my local SA group can drive! WTF?!!!
Old 7th September 2013, 20:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by David K
I think most people here wonder that, all the time, because... we have SA.
Yeah I know sorry for stating the obvious .
Old 7th September 2013, 21:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver
Yeah I know sorry for stating the obvious . I guess I feel that people on here dont like me and find me and my posts annoying and wish I would go away. Was just curious if others had similar thoughts you cant assume that cos of sa that everyone feels the way you do
That's the thing, it's not stating the obvious, because... we have SA! Things that should be obvious (people don't find you annoying and don't wish you would go away) are hard to believe because our thoughts are distorted. Notice I'm saying 'we' and 'our' because I'm constantly worrying that everyone thinks I'm a gigantic berk.
Old 7th September 2013, 21:12

Yes, but I think about it a lot less than I did before since people have been nice to me and given me advice, especially black_mamba, she knows what she's talking about. Seriously, whatever she posts on this thread when she sees it will almost certainly be good advice.
Old 7th September 2013, 21:16

Probably 'oh theres that blonde fake TOWIE barbie'

Sometimes I wonder as I often feel like I don't fit in.
Old 7th September 2013, 21:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo Huntsbach
Not really, I think most of what I post goes under the radar so generally think people don't really think anything about me. And I don't think I post anything that would make me a hate figure (?) an idiot.

You always come across well to me anyway. I don't think you have anything to worry about.
I notice your posts, you're definitely one of the more intelligent people on this forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandapop

I've always thought that you being different was a good thing. This forum needs an extroverted, confident type. What I've generally come to expect from you is cheerfulness, it's nice that not everyone here is constantly complaining about how lonely they are, like me.
Old 7th September 2013, 21:25

Mood
Mellow

Yes, I assume that everyone dislikes me which is why I don't bother posting much. I also find this forum to be toxic when I spend much time here
Old 7th September 2013, 21:30
Banned at own request

Mood
Twisted

Quote:

2 1/2 yrs with 6,379 posts? I consider that one helovan achievement!
Old 7th September 2013, 21:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunstreetgirl
Yes, I assume that everyone dislikes me which is why I don't bother posting much. I also find this forum to be toxic when I spend much time here
No one dislikes you hun you're lovely

I honestly try not to think about it too much, I'd drive myself mental if I did.
Old 7th September 2013, 21:38
Banned

I come here to escape from what I imagine people think of me in the real world. Here I am anonymous (except to the tres computer au fait) and therefore safe?

P.S. Actually yesterday I finally got some genuine feedback on how others see me in real life: impatient! I mentioned walking out of a play at half time because although it was really well acted etc. "I found it annoying", and my work colleague said "that is so like you, you're so impatient" and "what about films, how many of those have you jettisoned from?", to which I said "yes, I've walked out of half a dozen, either because they're too pretentious or too dumbed down or they break all the laws of physics stupidly". Then he got worried that I didn't like star wars so I had to reassure him that if they break the laws of physics in a cool way then that's fine. Various other people were listening at that point and I suddenly realised that I must have sounded like a contrarian and a right bitch at the same time for inadvertently insulting their mainstream tastes. Oops. If I enjoy not conforming to social norms then why wouldn't it make people uncomfortable/dislike me? Haha. (Bet I come across as stuck up and too strongly opinionated on here too! )
Old 7th September 2013, 21:39
Banned at own request

A bit, I use to more though, I'm getting better at not feeling too bad if I think somebody is thinking something of me here or I write a post that I think comes across a little dumb.

In reality everyone has there moments they might say something a little stupid.
Old 7th September 2013, 21:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellotiger

I honestly try not to think about it too much, I'd drive myself mental if I did.
Well, I think you already know what I think of you at least.
Old 7th September 2013, 21:43

Mood
Mellow

Quote:

Awwr, thank you dear

Ditto, thinking too much about this stuff will drive you mad.
Old 7th September 2013, 21:50

Quote:

I don't think we all need to be similar in order to fit in here. I see you as someone who is very upbeat despite SA and I find that really inspiring. It's infectious.
Old 7th September 2013, 22:04

Quote:

You always seem a little bit more extroverted than most on here so maybe thats why you sometimes don't feel like part of the crowd? I don't think anyone sees that as a bad thing though, most people realise SA affects everyone differently.

I always think of you as the cool kid who hangs out with the nerds because they realised the other cool kids weren't so great, but that's just because I only see the world in teen movie stereotypes.

Edit: Also sorry for comparing the rest of SAUK to the nerds***8230;
Old 7th September 2013, 22:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Flashheart
Could be worse, you could be CINDY..

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_mamba
I don't think we all need to be similar in order to fit in here. I see you as someone who is very upbeat despite SA and I find that really inspiring. It's infectious.
Oh I agree, I don't think we need to. Aw thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecknohed
2 1/2 yrs with 6,379 posts? I consider that one helovan achievement!
Yeah I don't delete my posts like most
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo Huntsbach
You always seem a little bit more extroverted than most on here so maybe thats why you sometimes don't feel like part of the crowd? I don't think anyone sees that as a bad thing though, most people realise SA affects everyone differently.

I always think of you as the cool kid who hangs out with the nerds because they realised the other cool kids weren't so great, but that's just because I only see the world in teen movie stereotypes.

Edit: Also sorry for comparing the rest of SAUK to the nerds…
Aw

No I didn't mean it like that, it's more so I feel quite dumb when I come on here and feel like I can't fit into the serious topics.
Old 7th September 2013, 22:22

Mood
Thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Flashheart
Could be worse, you could be CINDY.

@thread not really, I assume most people don't like me and go from there.
tbh I like you

personally, I don't really care too much about how people view me on this. I will usually type what I feel (within reason). However, I do appreciate that for many people they are more conscious over what they write. For me, being protected behind the screen makes it easy to sprout nonsense.

edit: one thing I do feel conscious about is private messaging. I would enjoy chatting to people privately as well, although I have no idea about how to do it without looking weird and creepy
Old 7th September 2013, 22:25

I'd probably be more relaxed about the place if I was more anonymous. I've chosen to use the forum as a sort of exposure therapy though.
Old 7th September 2013, 22:30
Banned at own request

Mood
Twisted

Its esp hard I can't hear the tone of voice or see a facial expression when people reply. Is it in agreement? Are they joking? Are they mocking me???....
Old 7th September 2013, 22:34

^ Yep that's a problem all over the internet. It's no coincidence that this site has a huge number of smilies.
Old 7th September 2013, 22:43
Banned at own request

Quote:
No I didn't mean it like that, it's more so I feel quite dumb when I come on here and feel like I can't fit into the serious topics.
I have the opposite problem, I feel I cant fit into the casual topics/posts.
Old 7th September 2013, 22:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLP James
Well, I think you already know what I think of you at least.
Hehe I believe I do yes and hopefully you do too.

Quote:
I feel exactly the same.
Old 7th September 2013, 23:08

I suppose I sometimes used to, but now I never do.

I'm just anonymous words to people, so I feel like I can be big shot and act like some hard ass ****er who owns the joint, which in terms of coolness, I actually do.
Old 7th September 2013, 23:18

Mood
Artistic

Yes I worry quite a lot. I think I have shot my mouth off way too much.
Old 7th September 2013, 23:43

sometimes. I'm aware with sa people that judgment features much higher.

But at end of the day 99% of people I won't meet on here, and when you people do meet- what you say on the forums goes out the window and what's straight in front of you is more important I think.

Old 7th September 2013, 23:44

Quote:

Quote:
I feel exactly the same.
You're best off out of them.
It's overthinking things that causes half the problems (I speak from experience). Plus half the time the threads end in arguments, tears and being locked
Old 7th September 2013, 23:47

^ No they don't! Shut up!