Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 21st July 2014, 13:07

Default Re: What I did today - for small achievements and cheers

:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig.
Booked a doctors appointment for the first time on my own! Fed up of sitting around at home, I didn't want to go on medication but if it gives me the kick in the arse I need then it'll be worth it.
Great to hear Craigey. I doubt you'll regret it.
Old 21st July 2014, 14:12

I phoned and sorted out my new insurance policy! I'm shocked at myself.
Old 21st July 2014, 18:24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverPoppy
Im like you silverpoppy I get all nervous before I have to do something like that, and then after Ive made myself do it I feel so pleased and happy
Old 21st July 2014, 18:39

Mood
Pensive

Quote:
Well done, that's on my list for this week but I keep putting it off. If RAC think we are paying over £2000 to insure an 8 year old car worth less than that they can think again.
Old 21st July 2014, 18:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by JzMunch
:

Great to hear Craigey. I doubt you'll regret it.
Cheers man! I hope I wont
Old 21st July 2014, 19:02

^ are you going soon? Just prepare what you're gonna say and it should be fine
Old 21st July 2014, 19:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by northeastsouthwest
Aww that is so sweet! Well done and well done for being a good human being! I found around £8 in the self check-out today. I handed in the money. We are such good citizens lol
Haha thanks, surprised someone forgot their change , most people probably wouldn't of given it in.

Quote:
Booked a doctors appointment for the first time on my own! Fed up of sitting around at home, I didn't want to go on medication but if it gives me the kick in the arse I need then it'll be worth it.
Well done .

Quote:
I got a list of brokers after finishing my pass plus and have been putting off getting any quotes the idea of ringing makes me feel nauseous so well done .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azalea
Well done, that's on my list for this week but I keep putting it off. If RAC think we are paying over £2000 to insure an 8 year old car worth less than that they can think again.
Are you trying to insure a tank or something? I got an online quote of about £1400 for a 2.3l Volvo estate with no claims bonus and id passed my test about a month before and im only 23 so still classed as young according to them.

I've been doing a small challenge sitting on the park benches when i walk the dog, today i sat on one next to the main path through the park , wasn't very busy so i guess next step is try on a sunny weekend.

Old 21st July 2014, 20:14

^ Blimey that's ridiculous, or have you had a load of crashes before? I guess maybe the areas a key factor but even so thats ridiculous, my dad has a big volvo estate 2.3 turbo diesel and he pays like £300, sounds like they picked that number out of thin air to me .

Well done on mowing the lawn, i wish i could have that ability to not care when im tired, all the time .
Old 21st July 2014, 20:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by JzMunch
^ are you going soon? Just prepare what you're gonna say and it should be fine
On friday in the morning! I've already planned what I'm going to say: "doctor, i'm pretty f*cked up, can I have some tablets to make it all better please?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason90
Well done .
Cheers mate! I actually remembered about you posting on here awhile back saying you did it and it wasn't nearly as bad as you thought, and that gave me a bit of motivation to do it, so a thanks is in order I guess
Old 21st July 2014, 21:54

^ well I'm sure it'll be fine its good that you're finally getting help for it. That's one of the best opening lines as well
Old 21st July 2014, 22:08

Good luck, Craig
Old 21st July 2014, 22:32

Quote:
I've been driving 33 years and only had 2 crashes, both were when people ran into the back of me. I was paying less than £300 before I added my son, he's only 18.
When he started thinking about a car last year he did a quote for an old Corsa worth about £500 and the cheapest quote he got was £ 15,000
Insurance is a piss take really , its no surprise so many just don't have any when it costs about 10 times what the cars worth. Is your son learning to drive then or has he passed but its just expensive due to his age/inexperience? If hes learning you can get learner specific insurance, i used https://www.collingwoodlearners.co.uk/
I did the longest short term policy and its a fixed price (i paid about £300 for 6 months i believe) for any car upto group 15 i think, thats how i learnt to drive in my big Volvo , i miss that one. Then you could have a separate policy for you and itd be lower, of course if hes passed this is all useless but thought id say incase .

Quote:
Cheers mate! I actually remembered about you posting on here awhile back saying you did it and it wasn't nearly as bad as you thought, and that gave me a bit of motivation to do it, so a thanks is in order I guess
Glad i could be of use , good luck with it i think its one of those things where the pre-emptive anxiety is way worse than once your in the moment. A few times ive written a list of stuff i want to say or they always seem to go off topic i forget what i was going to say and end up leaving without getting help for the reason i went .
Old 21st July 2014, 23:57

Thanks guys. Stupid really but I've been buzzing off that all day!
Old 22nd July 2014, 08:49

Cheers Jz, Biscuits, and Olly! If all goes to plan it should go swimmingly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason90
Glad i could be of use , good luck with it i think its one of those things where the pre-emptive anxiety is way worse than once your in the moment. A few times ive written a list of stuff i want to say or they always seem to go off topic i forget what i was going to say and end up leaving without getting help for the reason i went .
Thanks! I definitely agree about the pre-emptive anxiety, though strangely enough I'm not feeling it yet, I guess the best thing about a doctors appointment is that all you need to do is have a good moan (and I can do that regardless of if my heart is beating at 100mph )
Old 23rd July 2014, 12:35

Well my sister saw 2 jobs advertised at eurocarparts, one delivering and one in the warehouse so me and my dad went to ask for an application form. I was so nervous i asked my dad to just go in and ask for one, he comes out a few mins later and says the guy wants to talk to me. Went in and waited a few minutes for him basically bricking it, he asked me to go through for an interview there and then and amazingly was impressed about me overcoming agoraphobia, said never having had a paid job wasnt a problem and it was great i was doing voluntary work. Even better he told me i could do driving (usually you need a license for at least 2 years to drive for most jobs) but it probably was better to try the warehouse. I was amazed how well i coped with just being thrown into an interview and think i pulled off looking normal . Unfortunately its a 0 hours contract (whoever invented these is a knob, guarantee they wouldn't work with 0 hours guaranteed ) and id be too anxious not knowing if i would have any work or not so i wont be taking it further . I did however go and get an application form for a Tesco delivery driver assistant so fingers crossed for that and it seems im not unemployable which is nice to know.
Old 23rd July 2014, 13:45

Well done, Jason That's fantastic! I prefer impromptu situations like that otherwise i'd worry too much. You ought to consider the job because, like Azalea said, it could turn full-time soon enough.

I've managed to stay hydrated so far today - that's my achievement
Old 23rd July 2014, 14:24
Global Moderator

Quote:
An old man was struggling to lift some water into his trolley and I even managed to ask if he needed help, he was so grateful which made it worth making the effort.
Well done I think doing things like this and receiving a "thank you" really can brighten up ones day, although you're right - it's not always easy. Even without anxiety, I think we have a "mind your own business" culture which is sometimes difficult to ignore.
Old 23rd July 2014, 19:02

Mood
Thinking

Well done Jason! Even if you don't take this job, that ought to give you confidence for the next one! I'm wondering whether to apply for a few jobs that I don't really want so that I can practice interviewing.... It's just so scary though!!
Old 24th July 2014, 19:31

Thanks Azalea, Rocket spud and YellowButterfly78 , i would consider the job if i thought i was able to cope with the anxiety of potentially not being able to pay for stuff but i dont think id be able to stop worrying. Im hoping something comes of the Tesco one, if not now i know there might be driving jobs i can do i guess ill look for them.

I've been wanting to be able to walk around in the ridiculous heat topless for ages but the best i could do was buy vests which helped but i still felt too hot. Today while doing stuff to my car on the drive i spent most of the day topless (trying to build it up in difficulty, end goal would be not be bothered wherever i am ). Spoke to some woman from the council, the postman and my neighbour plus quite a few people passed by etc and nobody said anything so i guess it proves all the thoughts in my head are probably crap .
Old 24th July 2014, 22:19

Mood
Bored

Actually joined in a conversation at lunchtime today, more than once!! First for me actually speaking in a group without being asked a question first - quite happy with that. I normally sit there and say nothing.
Old 25th July 2014, 00:08
Banned

Mood
Scared

Long session at the art gallery today and kicking myself for chickening out on some opportunities to interact. Fellow artist and *woman* sat pretty much right bloody next to me to draw as I was leaving. aagggrrrr annoying. My fear of panic attacks are really stopping me....nothing much interesting happened apart from the little chinese kid that burped in my ear and leaned in on my drawing arm while I was drawing. Went to a buffet afterwards... and left with a new best friend.

At the buffet, gets me drawing out to pick apart and crucify analize and one of the waiters comes over all excited when he sees my drawing.... (it was shit!)apparently hes a fashion designer and he quickly gives me his card. Really bloody enthusiastic he was. (and another sod that thinks I look fo-run)He kept coming over to chat. Just got in Mancs from leeds via Lebanon and in Mancs for a job and cause he split up with his girlfriend. 3 meals and a desert later and i'm looking like a pregnant man, he wants to go for coffie with me during the week. Shakes my hand as I leave.

Whats it all about?
Old 25th July 2014, 12:12
Banned at own request

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttonlane
Long session at the art gallery today and kicking myself for chickening out on some opportunities to interact. Fellow artist and *woman* sat pretty much right bloody next to me to draw as I was leaving. aagggrrrr annoying. My fear of panic attacks are really stopping me....nothing much interesting happened apart from the little chinese kid that burped in my ear and leaned in on my drawing arm while I was drawing. Went to a buffet afterwards... and left with a new best friend.

At the buffet, gets me drawing out to pick apart and crucify analize and one of the waiters comes over all excited when he sees my drawing.... (it was shit!)apparently hes a fashion designer and he quickly gives me his card. Really bloody enthusiastic he was. (and another sod that thinks I look fo-run)He kept coming over to chat. Just got in Mancs from leeds via Lebanon and in Mancs for a job and cause he split up with his girlfriend. 3 meals and a desert later and i'm looking like a pregnant man, he wants to go for coffie with me during the week. Shakes my hand as I leave.

Whats it all about?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Custard_cream
Actually joined in a conversation at lunchtime today, more than once!! First for me actually speaking in a group without being asked a question first - quite happy with that. I normally sit there and say nothing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan_
Talked to this girl on the train for a bit, went into a bar I have more-or-less always been to afraid to go into and stay, wore my short shorts, answered the phone to a recruiter and talked about the sort of work I was looking for a while.

Pleased.
Well donez
Old 25th July 2014, 12:33

Well done Azalea
Old 25th July 2014, 15:55

Well done Azalea! I was also at the doctors this morning. My Doctor said it seemed like I was doing miles better than I was when I saw her last year, she said that I'm doing really well with working on cbt and stuff by myself, that was a big confidence boost. Last year I was incredibly anxious talking to her, this time I was pretty much fine. I've been given Citalopram to try for a month and here's to hoping it helps. I've got so much respect for GP's and they seem like some of the most understanding, genuine people around, at least in my experience.
Old 25th July 2014, 17:10

Mood
Pensive

That's great Craig.
My doc is very understanding too.
Old 25th July 2014, 17:43

Quote:
Well done Azalea! I was also at the doctors this morning. My Doctor said it seemed like I was doing miles better than I was when
I saw her last year, she said that I'm doing really well with working on cbt and stuff by myself, that was a big confidence boost. Last year I was incredibly anxious talking to her, this time I was pretty much fine. I've been given Citalopram to try for a month and here's to hoping it helps. I've got so much respect for GP's and they seem like some of the most understanding, genuine people around, at least in my experience.
Great to hear it went well That's what I'm on now. If you ever need a dosage increase they'll do it for you straight away.
I agree about the GP's'; some are fantastic and you really feel as if they understand your needs.
Old 25th July 2014, 18:30

Mood
Pensive

A "well done" from me too Azalea!

I went to a support group's "drop-in" session at a local church today.
It's meant for anyone who is going through difficult times.
I thought i might sit there quietly and the time would drag, but i actually managed to chat to a few people and the 1.5 hours was soon up.
Good bit of practice for me!
Old 25th July 2014, 18:35

Mood
Pensive

That's good radars, not sure I'd be able to do that.
Old 25th July 2014, 18:40

Mood
Bored

Have been chasing a client at work for months for an email confirmation from them. I asked someone else to give them a call to see whether they got a response...my colleague spoke to the client and the client said how good at my job I am and how enthusiastic I am and if I was looking for another job, then there is a vacancy at their company for me. Feels amazing to practically be offered a job by a client. I'm happy with my current job, but this has made me so happy!
Old 27th July 2014, 09:56

Quote:
Sitting in the doc's waiting room this morning when a woman came in and asked could she sit next to me, she hardly stopped talking and I managed to talk back to her.
Went in to see the doc and he didn't have to hold my hand like he usually does.
Well done Azalea, i seem to attract odd people who start talking to me not sure why, maybe they think im one too?

Quote:
I was also at the doctors this morning. My Doctor said it seemed like I was doing miles better than I was when I saw her last year, she said that I'm doing really well with working on cbt and stuff by myself, that was a big confidence boost.
Well done Craig , its great she noticed how much you've improved. An understanding, helpful doctor who actually cares about patients is worth their weight in gold in my opinion, unfortunately only one such example is at our local GP surgery so im glad you've found one .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radars2000
I went to a support group's "drop-in" session at a local church today.
Well done Radars2000 , plan on going again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Custard_cream
Have been chasing a client at work for months for an email confirmation from them. I asked someone else to give them a call to see whether they got a response...my colleague spoke to the client and the client said how good at my job I am and how enthusiastic I am and if I was looking for another job, then there is a vacancy at their company for me.
Well done for being proactive, must of been a nice confidence boost .