SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 27th December 2010, 09:38

Default Psychologies Magazine

Anyone read this magazine? I usually have a cursory flick through it in the dentists every six months, and read bits of bobs. The other half was given the latest issue for Christmas and there's some good stuff in there about positive thinking, accepting yourself and being 'the best imperfect person you can be.' There's also a free life coaching diary with that issue which has some good food for thought it in about what you want out of life. I'm not one who gives much significance to the psychobabble in magazines, but it's refreshing to see celebrities and 'everyday' people being honest in print about their experiences of phobias, depression etc. and I wonder if they've covered SA in a previous issue at some point.

Old 27th December 2010, 09:56

Mood
Mellow

Default Re: Psychologies Magazine

I subscribed to it for a couple if years but then got bored as the articles got repetitive. I look at the website sometimes.
Old 27th December 2010, 10:44

Thanks, haven't heard of it before so will have a look
Old 27th December 2010, 11:12

Actually got that issue, read about things that help you think positive, ended up going on a shopping trip looking for figs and dark chocolate, cause their meant to help. Thinking positive does help
Old 27th December 2010, 11:20

Mood
Dreaming

I usually don't try to fuss about with buying self help stuff. Not sure why, I can remember loads of these self help CD's etc whereby the creator tries to sell what is effectively human misery which I find really ethically immoral. But hey, never read through that particular magazine so hope it helps you guys.
Old 27th December 2010, 18:35

I buy this from time to time where it sits in my bathroom.....it has some good articles in it but like Phool said, it can get a tad repetitive I think. All in all though, it's a good magazine.
Old 29th December 2010, 14:45

I sometimes get this, I did get it regularly for a while there were good articles, quite a lot of it I felt was aimed at quite successful people though or creative people who are not reaching their full potential etc which is interesting but a whole different world to mine. I would like a magazine that has really ordinary people in.
Old 29th December 2010, 15:09

It's one of the most appealing magazines out there because it promises self-help whereas Okay tends to always feature Jordan, a lot of them are just speculation about Loose Women, Cheryl Cole etc.

I'm always drawn to the articles because there's always one on the cover that 'speaks' to me and I used to always buy it when it first came out but I stick to Heat now as it helps me stay current.
Closed Thread