SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 17th November 2015, 21:56

Default Help me fight this battle

As I had said in my Introduction I'm a college freshman and smoked weed and drunk heavily a couple times in the beginning of the year but stopped because i really felt its not for me. I have developed derealization which is
I did some reading at http://www.supplemented.co.uk/produc...100mg-capsules and heard that "5-htp" pills may be used to treat depression, anxiety and sleep and also used to treat tension headaches and may help with alcohol withdrawal symptoms. Has anyone used this staff? I cant live with this feeling anymore!! I need someone to help me crawl out of this!!
Old 17th November 2015, 22:24

Default Re: Help me fight this battle

I had this for a very long time, don't get it anymore, although I thought it was called depersonalisation. Nothing felt real, the only way I could describe it to people was it was like I was standing behind myself and my body was a puppet and I was pulling the strings. I use to think how the hell am I moving my arms, or any part of my body for that matter. I think it happens because anxiety sufferers over concentrate on your body and surrounds that it just become too overwhelming for your brain. Don't know about the pills, best to talk to doctor. I took a very low dose of anti depressant (lower than the doctor recommended) and it was enough to take the edge of everything, and help me fight back against the anxiety.
Old 18th November 2015, 06:51

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think supplements have any real effect.. unfortunately :/ IMO, they fall into the same category as a glass of red wine per day, drinking 8 glasses of water, detoxes etc.
However! It can make you feel better just by the process of taking something, just by doing something instead of nothing, giving it a chance, that feeling of addressing the problem. They won't do any harm, so why not try and find out?
Old 19th November 2015, 15:20

I don't know anything about 5-htp but am wondering if your college has a counselling service you could go to.
Old 19th November 2015, 19:52

Mood
Doubtful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aelwyn
I don't know anything about 5-htp but am wondering if your college has a counselling service you could go to.
Also Dylan, it wouldn't do any harm explaining this to the doctor and asking for help. They are there to help, not judge after all. Sounds horrible for you anyway; hope things get better for you soon