SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 2nd May 2017, 04:30

Mood
Crappy

Default I feel my depression would go away if

I was able to fall a sleep at night. I somehow feel before 9pm yesterday and felt great today. When I'm in bed and still awake past 12am I start to have bad thoughts.

I'm thinking of asking my mom about seeing a doctor about it. I did see one three years ago. The only problem is my dad is gone so idk how we'd be able to pay for it.
Old 2nd May 2017, 10:38

Default Re: I feel my depression would go away if

The best thing I found is progressive muscle relaxation - you can google it, it's about tensing and then relaxing different sets of muscles. I'm not saying it works every time, I don't think anything does, but you could give it a try. Also try to get plenty of exercise so that your body is tired when you go to bed. And keep off caffeine and fizzy drinks.
Old 2nd May 2017, 22:15

When I was like that I found the best thing to do is read or watch tv until I find I can no longer keep my eyes open at which point I put the device/book down or turn the tv off. Other than that there are a multitude of supplements that will aid in inducing sleep.
Old 3rd May 2017, 16:35

I occasionally suffer with a touch of insomnia. Maybe once every few months. I'll go through a spell where I'll go four of five days where I'm lucky to get more than a few hours a night and by the end of that spell, I'm almost 'zombie like' until I've caught back up with sleep again. I've not really mentioned it to anyone because as usual, if I have a problem, I'm immediately deemed an 'attention seeker'.

Naturally, I can usually sleep from around 12:30am onwards, but as I have to be up for around 6:30am to get up, dressed and drive to work, I usually go to bed at around 10:30/11pm. Sure, I could go to bed earlier but regardless of how early I go to bed, I always see midnight come in on my alarm clock. The earlier I go to bed, the more frustrated I get that I can't sleep and in turn, I find myself awake longer than I normally would be. At weekends, I find my 'natural' time of waking up is around 8-9am - so I'm probably getting up two to three hours earlier every working day than I would do at the weekend. It certainly takes it's toll.

I do drink a lot of coffee, but I tend to stop drinking that from around 3pm. It's instant coffee and to be fair, that doesn't really have a lot of effect on me. Fresh coffee can keep me awake, instant coffee is something I could have three of four cups of - and still feel tired!
Old 4th May 2017, 02:58

Mood
Crappy

Hayman like you I do drink a lot of caffeine during the day. Usually 3 cans of diet drinks.

For me I have to go to bed early or mind starts to think I waited too long to go to bed and now I wont be able to fall asleep and I start stressing.

Last night I did fall asleep at around 10:30pm but woke up at 2:30am. (a regular thing if I do fall asleep) I was sure it was atleast 6am I was even gonna go eat breakfast.