SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 21st April 2017, 23:55

Mood
Crappy

Default Did you take a picture when you made a bank account

I had to make one and they made me take a picture. Sitting in front of the camera I could see the preview on the computer when the woman was getting ready to take it. It was the worst I had ever saw myself.

In mirrors and my phone, laptop camera I don't look anything like that. Now I wonder how accurate the camera there was...
Old 22nd April 2017, 22:02

Default Re: Did you take a picture when you made a bank account

Are you from the USA and is that standard practice when opening a bank account?

In the UK they don't take photo's, signatures are used. Although on reflection photo on file of the account holder sounds fraud proof.

I always look terrible in photo's myself. Shy, anxious, not confident.
Old 23rd April 2017, 11:56
Global Moderator

Mood
Scared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomen
In mirrors and my phone, laptop camera I don't look anything like that. Now I wonder how accurate the camera there was...
I suspect that the image you saw was a direct front view of yourself, what you are used to seeing is a mirror image of yourself, most phone cameras are default set to mirror mode.
When you take a selfie you may notice that if you have writing on your shirt it gets reversed.

What you saw is basically how everyone else sees you, there's nothing wrong with you or the camera it's just that you aren't used to seeing yourself from another persons perspective.

I always use mirror mode for selfie because I see myself the way I am used to, when I used direct face mode I hardly even recognise myself.
Old 23rd April 2017, 14:41
Banned at own request

Mood
Blah

however you thought you looked, the bank doesnt give a damn.
you could be George Clooney in looks but all the bank cares about is gaining money off you
thats it. hope that helps
Old 24th April 2017, 10:03

I don't recall having ever had to take a photo to open a bank account. I've needed to go in and talk to someone in a room – which has been scary enough but fortunately not an experience I've had to go through for years, now…

I've never liked pictures being taken of myself as always one of three things happen… 1) The night before I come out in blotches. Why this happens – I have no idea, but I find in stressful situations my skin isn't as clear as it normally would be. 2) My hair isn't quite right and there will be bits of it sticking up or flopped down over my forehead even if I've combed it only half an hour or so earlier. 3) My glasses, which tint in the sun, remain tinted for an overly long period of time and I end up having to remove them.

I had to go into one of those photo booths only on Saturday just gone in order to get a rail card… I honestly felt sick on the way there and I wasn't happy with the end result (points one and two from the above were in full force again…). I felt embarrassed to hand them over to the person making up the card for me...
Old 2nd May 2017, 00:30

Mood
Crappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by D1662
I suspect that the image you saw was a direct front view of yourself, what you are used to seeing is a mirror image of yourself, most phone cameras are default set to mirror mode.
When you take a selfie you may notice that if you have writing on your shirt it gets reversed.

What you saw is basically how everyone else sees you, there's nothing wrong with you or the camera it's just that you aren't used to seeing yourself from another persons perspective.

I always use mirror mode for selfie because I see myself the way I am used to, when I used direct face mode I hardly even recognise myself.
Is this an app