SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 14th October 2008, 22:10

Default confusion who I am

I seem to have two personas: the one online and the one offline. One is the complete opposite of the other. Online, I can be over the top and very social. Offline, I am very reserved and well, not social.

I don't know what this means. Is my online persona the real one that my offline one aspires to? What compounds this is I'm not sure I want to be like my online persona.
Old 14th October 2008, 23:11

Default Re: confusion who I am

im like this , i see it as tho , the online me is the real me, the offline me is trapped me, feels like im trapped in my head, but by writing things down thats who i am :\
Old 15th October 2008, 00:55

I know exactly how you feel!

On-line I feel I can express my self more freely. Even though I do get nervous before posting on any forum; I feel kind of safe because of the anonymity that posting on the internet brings.

Off-line I am the complete opposite; I can be terribly shy, and I really don't talk that much at all. My fears get the best of me and I worry myself to death.

I too like to think this on-line me is the real me. I just want to take that into the 'real' world.
Old 15th October 2008, 02:14

Mood
Tired

Yep i can relate 100% to this, its bascially the story of my life.

In my teenage years and at school i was so charasmatic and funny online, but when it came to offline any ideas i had in my head of what i would say or do anxiety took over.

Now its me unemployed, applying for all my jobs online. But im too unmotivated and anxious to go and sign on at the job centre or pysically try.
Old 15th October 2008, 15:32

Mood
Sad

Yeah completely agree, I'm exactly the same
Old 15th October 2008, 15:39

me 2

I wish I could be relaxed, chilled and act like I don't give a **** because I actually truly don't. I just act like an idiot because I'm trying to hard to be normal. I need some valium .. My arms shake like mad too if I'm tensed up in public and if I'm waiting in the chemist or post office my ****ing whole body vibrates. Twitching is a side effect of eye contact sometimes too.
Closed Thread