SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Welcome & Introductions Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 21st July 2005, 20:28

Default New to this!

hi everyone

just wanna introduce myself, Im David, i'm 23 from Norwich. I've be suffering from sa for many years but have never realised until now there are other people just like me, I thought I was the only one! and I never really knew it had a name or could be treated. At the moment I am a little bit stuck as to what to do about this, I have come to a point where I feel really lonely and know I need help. Any ideas or recommendations would be helpful.
Looking less on the gloomy sides of things I would love to chat to anybody, it would be good to relate to people in the same situation or just chat about anything.
Does anyone else live in Norwich or near it?

Dave
Old 21st July 2005, 20:42
Odworthy

Default Re: New to this!

I'm from South Wales, but there must a few people from near Norwich here. Anyway, welcome to SA-UK!
Old 21st July 2005, 21:38
Villette

Hi ! I live in Essex which is near Norwich i guess. Just joined this site aswell and was SO relieved to see im not the only one suffering with this anxiety. Would love to chat through here with you.

Old 21st July 2005, 21:41
Intro Guy

Welcome to SAUK Dave!
Old 21st July 2005, 21:45

Mood
Worried

Hi Dave, I'm new here too!
Old 21st July 2005, 23:29

Hi
Old 22nd July 2005, 00:07

Mood
Breezy

Hi Dave, a recommendation would be to get some reading material on SA such as 'Gillian Butler Overcoming Social Anxiety: A Self help Guide Using Cognitive Behavioural Techniques'. I have found it quite useful. Something you might like to try is talk to your GP and ask about CBT treatment. Hope this is helpful
Old 22nd July 2005, 13:11
all_partied_out

Hi Dave, it's such a relief when you realise you're not alone isn't it. I just found out what it is like you, and I'm also stuck as what to do, I've been advised by others to visit the docs, but I'm still trying to come to terms with that!

Take time to read the posts, most are very helpful, I have learned a lot in a few days. Hope this helps. Take care. x
Old 22nd July 2005, 15:01

Hi Dave!!! Welcome to the site!!!
Old 15th August 2005, 18:29

Post Re: New to this!

Hi Dave

I live in Cambridge so not too far from Norwich. We have an East Anglian group which meets every 6 weeks or so - we alternate between Cambridge and Bury St Edmunds - you're always welcome to come along - check out the meetings board for dates. We're hoping to meet up 10th September.

Just reading the stuff people write on the boards helps because you realise you're not alone. Other people get where you're coming from.

Take care
Closed Thread