SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Other Issues and Conditions
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 6th September 2018, 16:53

Default Re: The Suicide Thread - Trigger Warning

^^ Thank you so much for your kind message, speakfriend, you are lovely

Sometimes I think the Depression is worse than the the SA. I mean, when I’m indoors with just my loved ones I feel as relaxed as I’m ever going to be when it comes to the SA but the Depression is constantly looming over my head sucking every bit of joy out of life. I can’t even begin to tackle my anxieties when I barely have the motivation or energy to get out of bed.

Yes, losing our cat and the circumstances surrounding that have upset me greatly and each time it hits me that he’s no longer here I have a little bit of a cry. But, I think the Depression has been brought on by a culimination of things, infact things that go back months and years

But you are right about doing one little thing today that I enjoy - I had a mini bag of Maltesers!! Not sure if that’s the sort of little thing you meant

Undecided - Oh Not sure if you will see this post now but I’ll say this all the same...

I’m so sorry I didn't respond to your last PM as your kind words of support and understanding really meant a lot to me. I hope that you didn’t feel that I was ignoring you or was in any way unappreciative as that couldn't be further from the truth. The truth is, when I’m in the grip of a Depression I can really struggle with exchanging long one to one messages. I feel uncomfortable burdening just one person with all my negative crap especially when they probably have enough of their own stresses. If I’m going to go on a depressing rant I guess I find it easier to let rip on the forum as noone feels pressured or obligated to respond or offer any feedback. In fact I’m probably just put on ignore

I really hope that you arn’t away from here for too long, undecided, and that you look after yourself while you're gone. From the few messages that we exchanged I could tell that you are a genuinely lovely person, and anyone would be very lucky to have you as a friend xx
Old 7th September 2018, 10:43

^ Aw, well, thank you, I have big internet love for you too Biscuits
Seriously, you are such a great support to everyone here and your posts always make me smile how ever low I’m feeling. SAUK really wouldn't be anywhere near as nice without you
Old 19th September 2018, 21:11

Mood
Sad

Feeling extremely low and have said hardly a word in work. Some people have stopped talking to me. Started taking antidepressants a week ago and going through the feeling worse stage. Having suicidal thoughts (won't act on them) the urge to self harm etc. I feel as if I'm going to self destruct.
Old 19th September 2018, 22:18

Mood
Melancholy

^
Old 20th September 2018, 00:23

I am so sorry to hear that you're feeling that way, Pink*Lady and I hope you'll come through this stage very soon; stay strong and remember that it's the drugs making you feel this way and that things will improve - and remember how many people here care about you.
Old 22nd September 2018, 17:32

Mood
Sad

Thank you Danica and gregarious_introvert. I think I'm feeling worse because of the medication but I'm just waiting for it to get better. x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danica
^
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregarious_introvert
I am so sorry to hear that you're feeling that way, Pink*Lady and I hope you'll come through this stage very soon; stay strong and remember that it's the drugs making you feel this way and that things will improve - and remember how many people here care about you.
Old 25th September 2018, 21:17

Mood
Sad

I just self harmed on my arms and thighs tonight. The medication is making me worse not better. Seeing GP tomorrow. Still waiting to hear from mht.
Old 25th September 2018, 21:48
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

^ Hope you get some help/support Pink*Lady
Old 25th September 2018, 22:17

Mood
Shoveit

Very sorry to hear this pink lady. I hope your gp can help.
Old 26th September 2018, 16:22

Mood
Sad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo34
^ Hope you get some help/support Pink*Lady
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuits
^^ hope someone contacts you soon, Pink*Lady. We're here for you if you need to talk xx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miggs The Terrible
Very sorry to hear this pink lady. I hope your gp can help.
Thank you for your support and kind words Mo34, biscuits and Miggs The Terrible. I couldn't get an appointment with the GP today even though I was in tears and tried to explain why. Still waiting for a response from local mht. Mental health care is definitely getting worse not better. Feeling so let down. Still hearing whispering which has increased in volume and is angry today. I'm hearing personal insults against myself to do with the way I look, speak, walk, name calling etc. I'm also having flashbacks from previous bullying which has taken place.

I'm sorry for putting this on here but I don't have anyone I can talk to and don't trust work due to bad experience in previous job.
Old 26th September 2018, 18:44

^ I'm really sorry to hear that you're suffering so much, I really do hope that you receive some help from the mental health team, or your gp.
Old 26th September 2018, 23:12

^^I'm so sorry to hear that things aren't getting any better, Pink*Lady.

I don't have any positive experiences of the local CMHT here either, but is there not a Crisis Team you can contact? With regard to your GP, if you are unable to demand an emergency appointment, then have you considered presenting yourself at a walk-in clinic or A&E - or calling 111 and requesting a home visit? I do hope you are able to get some help very soon, but in the meantime please don't be sorry for relating your troubles here - this site exists to offer support and I am sure there are many here (myself included) only too willing to offer whatever support we can.
Old 29th September 2018, 15:47

Mood
Sad

Thank you for your support and suggestions newbs16, gregarious_introvert, a lump of excrement and Jinny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbs16
^ I'm really sorry to hear that you're suffering so much, I really do hope that you receive some help from the mental health team, or your gp.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregarious_introvert
^^I'm so sorry to hear that things aren't getting any better, Pink*Lady.

I don't have any positive experiences of the local CMHT here either, but is there not a Crisis Team you can contact? With regard to your GP, if you are unable to demand an emergency appointment, then have you considered presenting yourself at a walk-in clinic or A&E - or calling 111 and requesting a home visit? I do hope you are able to get some help very soon, but in the meantime please don't be sorry for relating your troubles here - this site exists to offer support and I am sure there are many here (myself included) only too willing to offer whatever support we can.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A lump of Excrement
Hi Pink*Lady, sorry to hear about what you are going through. I'd agree with GA, if you can't access the Crisis Team I'd think about going to A&E or even calling 111/999 so you can get the treatment you need.

If you have only just started taking medication these experiences could be the result of starting the meds and I'm shocked your local GP surgery hasn't booked you in for at least an emergency telephone appointment with your GP. To leave you like this after only just starting medication isn't right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinny
Hey Pink*Lady,

I am so sorry to hear you're having such a difficult time

Have you managed to get any support today?
Old 30th September 2018, 16:48

Mood
Sad

I still feel the same, thanks for asking biscuits. I can't face going into work tomorrow but I don't know what to do if I can't get an appointment at the GP surgery tomorrow morning. I know a sick note can be backdated but don't know how long it can be backdated for.
Old 6th October 2018, 00:25

Mood
Sad

Had my meds increased but continue to feel worse. What's the point. Round and round we go.
Old 6th October 2018, 15:36

Mood
Sad

^ Thank you a lump of excrement. I've taken antidepressants before and have tried different ones. The whispering is still going on now.
Old 7th October 2018, 19:59

Mood
Relaxed

^ Forum rules state you need minimum 10k posts before you're allowed to break.
Old 8th October 2018, 01:42

Mood
Sad

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuits
^ perhaps this isn't the best thread to ask that kind of sensitive question in, Hylian :/

I think you can self certificate for a week - you just usually sign a form when you get back to work. Then you'll need a doc note after that.

Really hope you find some support, Pink*Lady. Did you make it to the docs?
Yeah I saw the dr last Monday for emergency appointment. She was better than the previous dr I'd seen. She looked at my scars, increased my meds and gave me a website with mental health information. I've been signed off work for a month. Still waiting to hear from mht. Thanks for asking biscuits.
Old 8th December 2018, 00:54

Mood
Alienated

Feeling incredibly empty, more so than usual. It feels difficult to feel positive about myself.

I am 25, living with my mother, with no one ever being interested in my romantically, and struggle to make friends. I am in a part time job, with absolutely no aspirations for anything more than that, let alone a career. My relationships with friends and family are becoming increasingly strained despite me trying my best, and I feel incredibly lonely.

Yes, I got through university with a degree, and lived away from family for 5 years (3 at uni, and 2 renting with friends). I***8217;ve never been completely out of work, I live in a nice place. I had a full time job which was well paid (but quit due to stress).

I know I should concentrate on the positives, but society hates people like me, for the reasons stated in my first paragraph. I***8217;d feel happier being me if it wasn***8217;t for this horrible miserable judgemental society we live in, and the world is getting more horrible.

I just waste oxygen. I seem to annoy everyone somehow. I make no positive impact on anything. I wish there was a really easy way to end it all, but it would just be yet another selfish thing for me to do.
Old 8th December 2018, 09:33

That is depression talking, Aleks; you know as well as I do that feeling empty is a massive part of that.

Society doesn't hate people like you - they are more likely to hate people like me, who are on benefits and therefore, in the eyes of an ignorant minority, leeching off the taxes of hard-working people. You play an important role, part-time or not; just ask your colleagues who respect and support you, or the children you've helped. As for aspiration, I would call it realism: you have found something in which you are talented and which you enjoy, which is more than a lot of people can say!

Many people these days are still living with parents at 25, as housing becomes less available and more expensive; however, living with family does strain relationships and in your case, having lived independently previously, a struggle to deal with the dynamic of being back home is much more common than you might think. Try to remember that, whatever differences you may have, they love you.

You may struggle to make friends, but you do have some and I know that you travel with them sometimes; you even went to your first festival this year with some of them. I know you won't want to hear this, but you have so much time ahead for romantic interest - there are many who have had none at 25 but go on to find love later in life; there are never any guarantees, but if you continue to make the progress you have made over the last couple of years, you are at least putting yourself in a position where things might happen.

You make a positive impact at work, in your relationships with family and friends and on this forum; you may not feel it at the moment, but you are one of the inspirational success stories here. I remember that you were feeling in a similar way early this year (I know it had a lot to do with whether you were suited to the course you were doing at the time) and I find myself wondering if you may be suffering from SAD, as your depression seems to become more intense in the winter months?

I hope you will soon be able to focus on all the positives in your life, because there are more than you think; in the meantime, just keep telling yourself that these feelings will one day pass and you'll be able to enjoy life in the way that you deserve.
Old 8th December 2018, 11:30

Mood
Blah

sorry to see your feeling this way Aleks, your in no way a waste of oxygen, i know it can be so hard to see our own positives, you have achieved a whole lot at 25, you should be proud I hope you you feel happiness again soon
Old 9th December 2018, 23:03

Mood
Alienated

Thank you all for your replies, it really does mean a lot. You really are lovely people.

I am feeling a little better - I guess it helps to let it all out. In fact, last night I met up with some old uni friends and had a great night out which did help as well.

I do suspect it might be SAD related. I am generally depressed a lot of the time, but it seems especially bad over winter months.
Old 14th December 2018, 17:11

Feeling bit guilty for having these thoughts when I have 2 amazing kids who need me.
Old 14th December 2018, 20:46

^ Thank you.

Just going through a dark episode lately.
Old 21st January 2019, 22:54
Banned at own request

I'm done with life now. There a nothing for me anymore and to be honest enough is enough. Cant even remember thevlast time i felt happy. No one wants me no one needs me I'm jysva waste of space.
Old 21st January 2019, 23:41

Mood
Cynical

^ You're absolutely not. Your children need you and love you. Things can get better for you I'm sure of it.
Old 22nd January 2019, 01:04

@ Circlesquare As Dougella says, you are irreplaceable to your children and they will always need you and love you.
I know it is impossible to imagine, when you are feeling so desperately depressed, that things will ever improve but they can and often do. Many people here have found theirselves in a very dark place like yourself, myself included, but have gone on to experience some happier times. I am sure you will too

It was lovely to see you posting here again, so I really hope you stick around on the forum for support
Old 4th February 2019, 10:17

I am sorry you are having such thoughts Skitz, it must be very distressing for you. Stay strong x
Old 9th February 2019, 02:53

Mood
Grumpy

When things don't get better... And I am honestly the worst thing to happen to my family. Like I'm literally every sore point for them - and that's when I'm not even thinking about family. When I'm being selfish (which is more often than not); I just wish that I would not wake up tomorrow. The first time I self-harmed was when I was fourteen. Fat lot of good that did. I've had futile suicide attempts since then (I can't even do that right - that's how fecking useless I am). Sorry to everyone reading this; I'm just really in a low point right now. The best I can do for this world is just disappear.
Old 9th February 2019, 08:48

^^ I'm so sorry you are feeling so low Austere. Please don't feel that you need to apologise for posting your feelings here, that's exactly what this thread is for and it's the one place where you can guarantee your voice will he heard Don't give up, you have as much to offer this world as anyone else. Be gentle with yourself x