SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Welcome & Introductions Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 8th November 2018, 18:13

Default Hello !

Hi

I used to be a member about 17 years ago I think , I'm 43 now so that was quite a long time ago. I used to have terrible social anxiety but managed to remain partly social ( I had two good friends , others came and went) also had periods of unemployment and 'hermit' weeks/months. I'm married to my husband and work part time and am finally doing a degree which is great. But somehow I feel that I should have better social skills or more friends at my age, I feel like I can't hide behind the façade of looking or being young, which I hid behind for quite a while - my age is now starting to show and somehow I feel very awkward about it , even though in other ways I don't care as much about how I come across if I get the chance to actually connect with people - its getting that chance that is the problem, I just don't have a lot in common with women of my age (no kids, I'm not a girly girl, don't drink or do girls nights out ) I feel like a bit of an anomaly. Anyway I've prattled on far too much for an introduction !

just looking for a bit of inspiration or just to feel like I'm among people like myself -ish!
Old 9th November 2018, 07:56

Default Re: Hello !

Welcome back to the forum Pickle I hope that's your cat in your avatar
Old 9th November 2018, 08:24

Thankyou Tink, yes he is indeed me and my husband's cat , he has chubby cheeks! Though I might have to change my avatar as I now realise this kind of gives my identity away, if anyone that knows of me happens to be in here , small chance but you never know !
Old 9th November 2018, 19:20

He's a very gorgeous cat! Looks very content in that picture.
Old 13th November 2018, 20:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickle101
somehow I feel that I should have better social skills or more friends at my age, I feel like I can't hide behind the façade of looking or being young, which I hid behind for quite a while - my age is now starting to show and somehow I feel very awkward about it
I could have written that!

I also joined a long time ago (2006) and have returned. Welcome back
Old 13th November 2018, 20:50

Mood
Relaxed

Welcome back