SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Room with a View
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 5th September 2013, 11:08

Default Anthony Robbins

What do people think of him- is he just a good speaker, or is he more than that?

I'm reading 'Awaken the Giant Within'

And he writes this- he says you should have this morning power questions-
saying:
1) What am I happy about in my life now?
2) What am I excited about in my life about in my life now?
3) What am I proud about in my life now?
4) What am I grateful about in my life now?
5) What am I enjoying most in my life right now?
6) What am I commited to in my life right now?
7) Who do I love? Who loves me?

I don't know if you always have answers for those, maybe you're meant to- I don't know. But I thought I'd share.
Old 5th September 2013, 11:57

Default Re: Anthony Robbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb
What do people think of him- is he just a good speaker, or is he more than that?

I'm reading 'Awaken the Giant Within'

And he writes this- he says you should have this morning power questions-
saying:
1) What am I happy about in my life now?
2) What am I excited about in my life about in my life now?
3) What am I proud about in my life now?
4) What am I grateful about in my life now?
5) What am I enjoying most in my life right now?
6) What am I committed to in my life right now?
7) Who do I love? Who loves me?
Those questions might be useful if you dont suffer badly from a mental health condition like SA and or depression.

But if you do then those questions will seem like they are from a different world.

Then the questions will often become something like 'will i even be able to get out of bed today', or 'why shouldn't i kill myself today', 'how can i leave the house today without any of my neighbours seeing me'
Old 5th September 2013, 12:09
Banned

Mood
Scared

I really like Anthony Robbins, I always go back to him when I'm stuck in the mud. I think his teaching and tools are practical. I've listened to most of his stuff. Hes all over youtube.

His method of goal setting together with time management (in certain programs) are to much like hard work but generally I think hes top notch. For motivation... the 'Dicken method' is fantastic.

Personal power 2 is a great audio program. If you can ignore the fact hes a loud mouth American (hard to do I know) and focus on his principles...hes the boss.
Old 5th September 2013, 23:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope
Those questions might be useful if you dont suffer badly from a mental health condition like SA and or depression.

But if you do then those questions will seem like they are from a different world.

Then the questions will often become something like 'will i even be able to get out of bed today', or 'why shouldn't i kill myself today', 'how can i leave the house today without any of my neighbours seeing me'
ah maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttonlane
I really like Anthony Robbins, I always go back to him when I'm stuck in the mud. I think his teaching and tools are practical. I've listened to most of his stuff. Hes all over youtube.

His method of goal setting together with time management (in certain programs) are to much like hard work but generally I think hes top notch. For motivation... the 'Dicken method' is fantastic.

Personal power 2 is a great audio program. If you can ignore the fact hes a loud mouth American (hard to do I know) and focus on his principles...hes the boss.
Ah the Dicken method- I'll look out for that.
Old 6th September 2013, 10:09
Banned

Mood
Scared

Its inspired by Charles Dickens 'A Christmas carol.'Its based around the transformation of scrooge.

Youtube it. It always gets me of me arse.

Im feeling in a self help mood lately. So I might do a run down of Anthony Robbins classic quotes and teaching just to keep this thread going a little longer. Robbins doesnt derserve death on Sauk in 2 days.
Old 9th September 2013, 22:52

that's interesting.

I can't listen to Anthony Robbins too well but I found this quote of his that I liked:

"If your old limiting belief was ***8220;I***8217;m too young***8221;, then your new empowering belief would be ***8220;Youth is passin and energy!***8221;. Or if your old limiting belief was ***8220;I don***8217;t have the money***8221;, the new empowering belief would be ***8220;I make the money for whatever I***8217;m committed to!"
A way of turning a weak point into something more empowering.
Old 9th September 2013, 23:09

I'm beginning to think the guy is simply a very good motivator, says stuff that should be common sense-(eg how to take action on something) and uses buzz words . But it's good a motivator exists.

Here is one his circles if of interest to anyone with interest in anthony robbins: