SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 29th November 2023, 20:27

Default Recommendations for durable outdoor furniture

Hi everyone!

I am currently in the process of sprucing up my backyard, and I'm seeking recommendations for long-lasting outdoor furniture.

With winter approaching, I'd love furniture that can withstand the colder weather without aging too harshly. Our previous set deteriorated rapidly, and we want to avoid repeating that scenario.

We're looking to outfit a patio space with enough seating for 6-8 people.

I'd love to hear about your experiences with garden furniture. What kind of material do you have, and what retailer do you recommend?
Old 30th November 2023, 15:20

Default Re: Recommendations for durable outdoor furniture

There is no one into gardening? Too bad if not, because it's one of the best ways to escape and prevent anxiety. At least it is this way for me. On sunny days, I spend most of the day in the garden.

I browsed through some garden furniture stores today and saw some All Weather sets of furniture.
The seller says these can withstand any weather condition and season without needing to be covered. Of course, I wouldn't leave them outside during winter, but if it's as the manufacturer claims, this type of furniture should last for many years. And the price would be reasonable in that case.
Old 30th November 2023, 16:38

It's -2 outside and chance of snowing soon are you mad?
Old 30th November 2023, 16:44

I LOVE gardening and currently have a metal (aluminium?) bench plus a little bistro type table with a couple of chairs that I inherited from my mum's garden. She always used to store them in the garage during the Winter months but as our garage is crammed full they're still outside. How they will stand up to the elements is anyone's guess. I was thinking about ordering some of those big water resistant covers so they at least have some protection.

I'm sure the type of furniture in the link will last you years if you always store it in a dry place and don't have any cats that will rip it to shreds within a day! At £1,000 plus I'm not prepared to take the risk!!
Old 30th November 2023, 16:55

If you're not mad and have lots of money have a look at this place. I used to work for them making the first prototype boardwalk benches. They were 12k a section back then 2004 ish.

https://www.gazeburvill.com/product/...rving-in-seat/
Old 1st December 2023, 00:44

^ Beautiful garden bench, but the price!
Old 1st December 2023, 11:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFG_
If you're not mad and have lots of money have a look at this place. I used to work for them making the first prototype boardwalk benches. They were 12k a section back then 2004 ish.

https://www.gazeburvill.com/product/...rving-in-seat/
I'm not mad, but I think I would be if I paid such money. Very beautiful, exquisite even. But I can't afford that.

And the weather won't be trouble for us, we don't plan on sitting for hours there. I plan to drink my morning coffee there.

Coffee and cold weather, I can't think of a better way to wake you up in the morning.
Old 1st December 2023, 11:28

Consolida, thanks for the answer.

The metal bench should last, but if I were you I would buy those covers. That's what I intend on doing when I'll buy my furniture.

I don't have any cats, so I won't have any problems with that.