SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Room with a View
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 1st June 2010, 00:29

Default CBT support group

I've started a new CBT support group here. (For those who don't know about the groups on the forum, you get to them by clicking on the community link above and then click on social groups).

I had some CBT myself through the NHS a while ago now, and I really need to get into the routine of working through some of the exercises I have, but I've been finding it really hard to motivate myself. Now I've got my degree out of the way, I'd like to have a proper go at it, before I accept defeat and go back to the docs. Anyway, I'm waffling.

I thought that the group could be a way of people supporting each other when working through CBT exercises. Using the group function means there can be several threads in the same place. I'm happy to post some of the exercises etc. that I'm planning on using, and how I'm getting on with them. If people are having CBT through the NHS, privately, or working through books etc. they can post about what they're doing. If people are stuck with certain things they're trying to do, others could support them or make suggestions.

Anyway, these are some of the ideas I had about how this could work. I'm not at home at the moment, but later in the week I'll start posting my plans. I just wanted to kick start the group first to see if others are interested, and their ideas of how the group could support them.

Any suggestions, questions or ideas can be posted here, in the group itself, or you can pm me.
Old 1st June 2010, 12:22

Default Re: CBT support group

I'm waiting to start CBT so will definitely be interested in this.
Old 1st June 2010, 13:30

all the really useful structured stuff is in the south, dammit.
Old 1st June 2010, 16:29

^ I was planning on it being done online, using the group, but am more than happy to meet up if people are interested in that.
Old 1st June 2010, 16:34

^ oh, I see - well that's different then. It would certainly reach more people that way.
Closed Thread