Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Room with a View
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 7th February 2010, 10:33

Mood
Relaxed

Default Went jogging this morning

I went jogging this morning after a really long break since last summer! I am very bad at sports and I jog very slowly, so I always feel very embarrassed about anybody seeing me, which is why I have put it off for so long. Also, I used to go with a friend but I have moved to a different city now and can't go with her any more. So I found it difficult to motivate myself, but this weekend I decided I finally had to get back into it...

And I'm so glad I did it, because it felt great! I am not as out of shape as I thought, and it didn't even feel like I was running as slowly as usual. I even passed two men and saw them looking at me, and all I thought was 'let them look, I don't mind!!'. This was highly unusual for me and it's not often that I feel as confident as I did today. It must come from my general good mood these last few days. I have met some great new people recently so I am sure my new energy boost has something to do with that.

Hope I will keep up the jogging now and do it regularly like I used to.
Old 7th February 2010, 14:08

Mood
Relaxed

Default Re: Went jogging this morning

Thanks for the encouragement
Old 7th February 2010, 14:41

Mood
Musical

Well done bambi yeah i try to go jogging when i can and the weather is better i jog down the beach on my own but sometimes get alittle paranoid coz everyone is watching me but i try to blank it and just go for it...

hope you can carry it on

goodluck
Old 7th February 2010, 15:45

Mood
Chatty

I don't go jogging much, havent for years and years. I would say its a good form of exercise, though. Regarding you saying your 'bad' at sports, I'm sure its not the case, and anyway saying that, its the kind of exercise you can't really be 'crap' at .
All I would say is best take a day off then a day on, when first starting IMO to break yourself into it, and gradually build yourself (level of fitness) up over time. I only shy away from jogging through fear of outside, otherwise I would do so too ....Good Luck.
Old 7th February 2010, 17:37

Mood
Chatty

*sooooo wants to go jogging now*
Old 7th February 2010, 18:09

Mood
Dreaming

That is amazing. I so wish I could beat that fear of going outside and doing exercise or just beat the fear of going outside and /or going outside with having fun and relaxing.
Old 7th February 2010, 18:18

Hey, well done you

I want to go jogging now, maybe I will stop just looking at my new trainers and put them to good use
Old 7th February 2010, 21:38

Mood
Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berry
Good for you *bambi*.
Could you tell us more about the picture. How far did you do ?
Brilliant - well done !
Old 7th February 2010, 21:39

Mood
Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by *bambi*
I went jogging this morning after a really long break since last summer! I am very bad at sports and I jog very slowly, so I always feel very embarrassed about anybody seeing me, which is why I have put it off for so long. Also, I used to go with a friend but I have moved to a different city now and can't go with her any more. So I found it difficult to motivate myself, but this weekend I decided I finally had to get back into it...

And I'm so glad I did it, because it felt great! I am not as out of shape as I thought, and it didn't even feel like I was running as slowly as usual. I even passed two men and saw them looking at me, and all I thought was 'let them look, I don't mind!!'. This was highly unusual for me and it's not often that I feel as confident as I did today. It must come from my general good mood these last few days. I have met some great new people recently so I am sure my new energy boost has something to do with that.

Hope I will keep up the jogging now and do it regularly like I used to.
That's brilliant - well done - keep up the very good work !
Closed Thread