Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 28th May 2021, 00:02

Mood
Bored

Default Are UFO's with Aliens real?

What do you reckon? Are aliens scoping us out, seeing what we are up to, keeping a close eye on us, are they already among us?

Next month the Pentagon will release some information about UFO's
Old 28th May 2021, 00:13

Mood
Breezy

Default Re: Are UFO's with Aliens real?

I hope so.
Old 28th May 2021, 00:57

I'm sure there is something out there far far more advanced than us but I think if any aliens were passing by they would turn around and get away from Planet Earth as fast as they could.

I've always thought it was somewhat presumptuous of human beings to think that something out there would be interested in a civilisation as backwards as ours. Some of the most advanced aliens will be billions of years ahead of us and we'd be of no more interest to them as the ants scrabbling around on the ground are to us.

With our advances in technology over the last 50 years, you would think that there would be clearer detailed photographs and video footage available of UFO's when in fact the only pictures I've ever seen are barely detectable blurry things in the sky that were taken by some random eye witness usually in America.

I will be interested to see what information the Pentagon will be releasing
Old 28th May 2021, 01:40

Wouldn't it be some astronomical coincidence if we encountered aliens that were even remotely on the same level of us, as in not so primitive that we'd consider them animals, or so advanced we'd be hopelessly primitive to them?

It's probably for the best if we are alone in our bit of the universe. You know we'd be itching to lob nukes at them if we thought they were even the slightest threat or had something we wanted, what with us being a world run almost exclusively by wrong'uns.
Old 28th May 2021, 01:43

Mood
Breezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Consolida
I'm sure there is something out there far far more advanced than us but I think if any aliens were passing by they would turn around and get away from Planet Earth as fast as they could.

I've always thought it was somewhat presumptuous of human beings to think that something out there would be interested in a civilisation as backwards as ours. Some of the most advanced aliens will be billions of years ahead of us and we'd be of no more interest to them as the ants scrabbling around on the ground are to us.

With our advances in technology over the last 50 years, you would think that there would be clearer detailed photographs and video footage available of UFO's when in fact the only pictures I've ever seen are barely detectable blurry things in the sky that were taken by some random eye witness usually in America.

I will be interested to see what information the Pentagon will be releasing
Excellent comment, have a gold star.
Old 28th May 2021, 01:47

Mood
Breezy

Perhaps the aliens are confined to some intergalactic protocol like the prime directive from star trek.
Old 28th May 2021, 08:53

I believe there's life on other planets because it seems statistically likely that there is. As for whether or not any has intentionally visited Earth... no, since there doesn't seem to be any reason at all to believe it's happened.

The new information will be as predictably boring and meaningless as the last time videos were released by the US government. They label something as "unidentified" when the person observing something simply didn't know what they were observing at the time. People take that to mean it was aliens for some reason, even though under closer analysis they always turn out to be videos of something else (weather balloons, camera artifacts, optical illusions, etc).
Old 28th May 2021, 10:25

Anxiety Lives In Every Neurotic Soul
Old 28th May 2021, 15:00

I'm standing with you on this one, Nanuq! And as indignant misanthrope has mentioned, I've heard this theory myself. And of course it's a big universe! A lot of leg room! So it is possible!

Anyway, could I ask you to stand with me as well please, Nanuq. And you too please, indignant misanthrope. If that's ok? Oh and Jen as well. if that's also ok?

*Clears throat*

I want the forum to know that in the year 1998, I saw a UFO!!!

Good night, everyone!

Or

Good afternoon, everyone!

No. I will continue......

Can you please steady me Nanuq, indignant misanthrope and Jen. It's just that I'm starting to buckle a bit:

So what happened. It was 1998. Around winter time. Although I can't remember the exact month, but I remember it was about 5:30am when it happened and it was still dark. So while I was out, I noticed a brighter than usual star in the sky. And as I was looking at this “bright star” it suddenly went vertically up in the distance. At an incredible speed. Looking back, it seemed like it left my vision within about 5 seconds. And that's it. So, UFO? Man made technology? Who knows? But it was very interesting to see! I also remember eating a bag of crisps on that morning as well. But I can't remember the flavour. Not that it's important, but I just thought I'd mention it.

Anyway, thank you Nanuq, indignant misanthrope and Jen. I appreciate it! And to show you my appreciation, we will have to schedule a night out sometime. There will be a lot of dancing. Very fine dining of course. And maybe a UFO ride back to the forum as well.

Oh and I want to mention one last thing to the forum. Thinking back, it might have been salt and vinegar crisps that I was eating on that morning. Anyway, I just thought I'd mention it.
Old 28th May 2021, 15:05

Mood
Lucky

I think the videos that were released recently make it more likely. But the videos are still not that clear so it's still open to interpretation.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...america-aliens

Some people think octopuses are descended from alien life:
https://blog.padi.com/facts-about-oc...theyre-aliens/

Do you think if alien life that was advanced enough to travel here might find it difficult to tell who was the advanced species on earth? Maybe to them, humans and animals seem very similar as we're so primitive compared to them that they don't bother stopping. Just do a fly by then head off somewhere else, looking for someone more on their level?

It does seem odd that they'd fly all the way here, repeatedly, then don't bother getting in touch.

Or maybe they get lost on the way to somewhere else and fly around earth for a bit? Or maybe earth is on the way somewhere better? Maybe they have to fly into the atmosphere of another planet to recharge their ships, so they're just refueling on their way to a better planet? Or the UFOs are unmanned drones doing exploration work like the ones we send to Mars?
Old 28th May 2021, 15:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chess&Junkfood
Oh and I want to mention one last thing to the forum. Thinking back, it might have been salt and vinegar crisps that I was eating on that morning. Anyway, I just thought I'd mention it.
Sorry, but a man who eats salt and vinegar crisps before dawn is not a credible witness for extraterrestrial phenomena. Now, if they'd been cheese and onion...
Old 28th May 2021, 16:54

I feel like if we do have alien ancestors then I'm betting a bar of gold that I am their closest living relative.
Old 28th May 2021, 17:02

Mood
Alienated

Do I think there are other life forms in the universe, Yes

Do I think they have bothered to come here, No

They are either less advanced than us, swimming around or hitting each other with sticks.

As advanced as us and currently wrecking their home planet without a backup plan in place.

Or ridiculously more advanced than us, have probably scanned us from several million light years away, had a good laugh at the idiots they saw and then carried on their merry way.

I feel all these stories of people going for a wander in the woods and ended up being abducted, they may well have received a probing from something, I'm not sure it's ever been an alien though
Old 28th May 2021, 17:50

Mood
Breezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuits
I feel like if we do have alien ancestors then I'm betting a bar of gold that I am their closest living relative.
Where would i get a bar of gold from?
Old 28th May 2021, 18:17

^ you get seven for a quid in Iceland

Old 28th May 2021, 18:26

Mood
Breezy

^I will take that bet.
Old 28th May 2021, 18:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merritt
Sorry, but a man who eats salt and vinegar crisps before dawn is not a credible witness for extraterrestrial phenomena. Now, if they'd been cheese and onion...
Old 29th May 2021, 19:31

Mood
Lucky

There's that theory that all life forms end up destroying themselves before they get advanced enough for long distance space travel. As we probably will with climate change or nuclear war.
Old 29th May 2021, 20:19

These days they're called vegans.