SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 1st August 2019, 03:13

Mood
Crappy

Default Quit my job today

The only job I have ever known. I quit today and gave no notice. One of the new people they gave my old position he was being super mean to me. He told me he told the General Manager I wasn't doing a good job.

Finally he came up to me again today and I told him to leave me alone that I was doing my job. The general manager came in later and him and another manager were being super super hard on me.

So I decided while their that this wasn't worth it and at the end of the day I quit. No scene I just asked one of the assistant mangers if I could talk to them in the back and I told them.
Old 1st August 2019, 03:17

Mood
Crappy

Default Re: Quit my job today

They had changed my position twice in one month. And the current one is the one I had specifically asked not for. They didn't give me a notice they were gonna do that, so I think why do I owe them one? Also stress, sadness while there, I don't think I could bare two more weeks.

This new job I'm not sure what the hours will be like. The manager said some weeks she could me lots some not as much. It's about a 10 minute longer drive and I make a dollar less per hour. The town is really small and old, I'm not familiar with it.

I don't have much in my bank account and have two bills coming up beginning of next month. I get paid Saturday and will have to use it on those.
Old 1st August 2019, 03:23

Mood
Crappy

I'm just worried about the future and paying bills, eating. My car is 7 years old and I hope it doesnt start having issues. It hasn't so far but you never know and I don't have money to pay for it if it did.

I wonder if it makes me a bad person for not putting in a notice. I'm so depressed. Im a very sincere guy who gets sad so easy.
Old 1st August 2019, 11:20

Mood
Cynical

I'm sorry to hear that but it sounds like where you were working wasn't a good environment for you. Are you going to try looking for something else? Maybe a different type of place to work would be better for you.
Old 1st August 2019, 13:20

In the long run, this will probably be for the best. You haven't been happy here for a long time. Best of luck with your search for brighter things. Onwards and upwards!
Old 1st August 2019, 17:25

Quitting your job without handing in your notice doesn't make you a bad person at all
It sounds like you had tried your very best to put up with the work situation until it became absolutely intolerable. Shame on your colleague and the Manager for treating you so meanly.

No job is worth ruining your physical/mental health over!

I hope that you will soon find a job that better suits you and where the people are kinder, Gomen
Old 1st August 2019, 21:32

Very sorry you were treated this way, Gomen. It almost sounds like they were goading you into leaving.

Glad you've found another job so quickly, and don't be so hard on yourself, these things happen to a lot of people, and it's not as if you were happy in that old job. I hope the new one is nicer even if the pay is lower.
Old 1st August 2019, 21:51

Mood
Mellow

Don't feel bad about it, if it was a toxic environment it is probably for the best you left. I wouldn't worry about not giving notice either, I done it in a previous job and I've never had to use them as a reference. Took me a while to get into a permanent job afterwards but I'm in a much betterjob now. There's always temporary work to top up your experience and your confidence. I hope it all works out well for you
Old 8th August 2019, 00:16

Mood
Crappy

So the new job told me it would be 2 weeks before I could start. I'm only 3 days into it sitting at home and feel bad. Maybe I shouldn't have quit but I always felt dread the second I walked in.

Another job place said yesterday that they would call me today but didn't.
Old 9th August 2019, 15:13

Old 10th August 2019, 13:50

Mood
Alienated

You can't keep working somewhere if you're really unhappy in that place. It does take courage to actually quit something, so that is a positive. And don't feel guilty about quitting without notice - I doubt they would feel guilty about firing people or making them redundant.

It is good you have another job lined up. When I quit my job (the only decent job i've ever had), I had nothing lined up which was rather stressful. A new job will be a new start!