SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Welcome & Introductions Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 13th December 2005, 19:10

Default G,day

Just registered, look forward to taking part in some discussions with you all I have been experiencing social anxiety problems since my late teens (am know 26) and so went to the doctors and was prescribed anti-dep, very nieve to what was going on etc. Did not have enough emotional support/openess at home and continued to take them (trying a few times along the way to come off) until the start of this year . At this point i started CBT and could see how it could work and put alot of effort into it, but was starting to get withdrawals from the seroxat that was quite bad - worse anxiety/panic attacks, concentration/memory, physical symtoms and general where have i been and what life have i created for myself in these medicine years - is it really what i wanted. Started acupunture and chinese herbs, didnt do much if anything but meditation was also introduced which is useful and i will continue to use. Then started NLP, Hypnotherapy and thought field therapy (alot of exercises, visualisations etc) which again has its positives but is limited or needs alot of time and work or is not for you. I have come to the end of the year and still i am not all there and i am not looking forward to xmas like i should. The person i have created within myself over these years still needs some work but i understand it all alot better but still wonder about 1 thing. they say our thoughts and behaviours create our brain chemistry or that our brain chemistry creates our thoughts. So am i just lacking something up stairs as i result of drug abuse or inherited because i feel like my thoughts/psycology is ok after the CBT etc. Anyone with thoughts on that would be great. Feel tired from it all and although deep down i think i should not have, i went to the doctors today and had a chat about benzo's but she was good in a way and didnt want to give me any but came to the conclusion that beta-blockers might help as a tool for some of the physical symtons but then i read some interesting posts " popping a beta-blocker(in this case) will become another safety behaviour that you think you need in order to confront situations, you are not giving yourself an opportunity to really prove that u are ok exactly as you are - anxious or not" etc, but am tired . Anyway hello again
Old 13th December 2005, 19:22

Default Re: G,day

Hi, dont really have any advice as ive never tried medication, but thought id say welcome anyway....
Old 13th December 2005, 20:05
Intro Guy

Welcome to the site, Craig
Old 16th December 2005, 12:39
Shallah

Hello welcome to SAUK
Old 16th December 2005, 16:20
Banned (at own request)

Hi Craig,

I've tried seroxat and yes the withdrawal symptoms were awful, but I didn't taper. Maybe you could take another anti-d? I've just started citalopram and they are much less (if at all) addictive.

Hope you find this site useful
Old 18th December 2005, 17:56

Hi Craig,
Welcome
Closed Thread